We need a Landrover sub-forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that Nara Bronze Alex? Bold choice with an interior to match!

Funny your old TDV8 was so reliable, all mine have been too, I've heard they're all unreliable piles of junk so maybe we were the lucky ones eh pal?

Time to replace our 2007 RR TDV8 with something a bit more modern. Had it for nearly 2 years and bar a few issues that I've sorted myself it was perfect.

Here's the replacement. She's 2012 Supercharged Autobiography with everything, including leather door cards and headlining. Made our trusty and much loved TDV8 Vogue SE feel a bit agricultural in comparison.

Only good memories of the TDV8 and 30k miles of trouble free motoring. Exactly how much the new one has got on the clock.

Collection tomorrow, I honestly cannot wait...

Congratulations. Unusual colour and very eye-catching. :thumb:

Thought I'd bump this thread as I've just bought mine. :)

A few of you that know me will be aware that I've been looking for a FFRR for quite a while now with no luck. Saw some beauties but also some real dogs and for crazy money with stellar mileage on most. I decided to move the goalposts a bit and ended up with this: -

SRT%20Nose.jpg

It's a 2006 Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Yes, that's basically a 6.1 litre Hemi in a WK Jeep.

Very pleased so far, bought it from a main dealer in N Ireland (hence the plate) and it came with a full 6 months parts and labour warranty on it. 34,000 miles from new with full Jeep history.

Had it up at my mates garage this morning for a full inspection and it seems fine. Some surface rust on a couple of outriggers, but only to be expected on a 10 year old car really. This will get treated as soon as my back gets a bit easier. The engine is awesome, bags of low down power and yet it revs nicely and can surprise a few people at the lights. The gearbox, which is a Mercedes unit, has recently been replaced as it had some unknown fault according to the dealer, and now shifts smoothly and silently.

The only thing which I've found not working on it is the navigation system, this being down to the dealer putting a disc in it which is older than the firmware in the unit, but they've promised to get a new one to me.

I've no more pictures yet, but if I do get a few more I'll probably start another thread of my own, to save me treading on toes in this one. :)

Well, since you bumped it, I might as well jump on the bandwagon with my weekend toy. 1989 110 One-Ten County Station Wagon V8 to give her her full name. Ground up restoration on a galvanised chassis 5 years ago and run in nicely at 203,000 miles. Factory built with the 3.5 Rover V8 so quite rare now. Half the horsepower and twice the weight of my CLS so she doesn't do fast, but she does have a charming ability to make me smile.

Oh, and @daveenty unlike most Land Rover owners I love Jeeps too, and anything with a Hemi V8 makes me drool in a most unbecoming fashion...

231d080188d6de16e8c61495b7476e09.jpg

dbf6ea811dc17a6eea019bf85fae3eee.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought I'd bump this thread as I've just bought mine. :)

A few of you that know me will be aware that I've been looking for a FFRR for quite a while now with no luck. Saw some beauties but also some real dogs and for crazy money with stellar mileage on most. I decided to move the goalposts a bit and ended up with this: -

SRT%20Nose.jpg

It's a 2006 Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Yes, that's basically a 6.1 litre Hemi in a WK Jeep.
Love it Dave, I've given them consideration on more than one occasion, I'll be interested to hear your experiences.

Love it Dave, I've given them consideration on more than one occasion, I'll be interested to hear your experiences.

I'll let you know when I get chance to drive it Lee, been up to the Cars in the Park thing in Ripon today, so obviously went in the taxi. I've now got to get it all clean again ready for the Benz on the Green next weekend, so that's all my spare time gone this week. :(

Look great. I keep thinking I fancy a GC of some sort.

First wash in nearly two weeks. Interior took half a day and more than 250ml of LTT Leather Care foam (thanks for the recommendation, Martin). Leather looks a bit more red/orange in the pictures that it really is:

26619999660_8cc816575c_h.jpg

26620001380_8fe96aaa24_h.jpg

26620002550_65dd93a6ca_h.jpg

26859042086_4bc4e933e4_h.jpg

Looks lovely that Alx, spot on colour combination as well.

Alx said:
First wash in nearly two weeks. Interior took half a day and more than 250ml of LTT Leather Care foam (thanks for the recommendation, Martin). Leather looks a bit more red/orange in the pictures that it really is:

That in my opinion is the perfect colour combo... Love it!

Bit marmite but who cares! Atleast it's not bloody black, silver or grey! Oh wait... Mines black ha

davidjpowell said:
Added a bit of bling over the weekend. I like it. I think.

Got to be honest it's a big no from me... I took the chrome grille, side vents, front badge and door handles off of mine and replaced to standard. Each to their own though. Same wheels as mine though!

Thank you guys. :thumb:

In the photos the car looks a bit darker on the outside and brighter inside - a total opposite when you stand next to it.

Mrs and I both like the colour combo. We've seen a few late supercharged L322 models for sale but none stood out for us as much as this one.

Range Rovers and Mercedes

I have had most types of Mercedes over the last dozen years:cool: but I now find myself with two products from LandRover:eek:
The hill climbing and dog transporting local car is a Land Rover Defender and the other is a Range Rover Vogue 4.4 TDV8:D
You can still see my other taste in road cars reflected in the side of the RR :thumb:

Last edited:
Mactech said:
I have had most types of Mercedes over the last dozen years:cool: but I now find myself with two products from LandRover:eek: The hill climbing and dog transporting local car is a Land Rover Defender and the other is a Range Rover Vogue 4.4 TDV8:D You can still see my other taste in road cars reflected in the side of the RR :thumb:

Got to love them in black. Full stage 3 machine polish on that. It's come up nicely!

Attachments

• image-958329161.jpg
    image-958329161.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 50
It's broken.... Only a bit though.

The dog exited in a hurry last night, and helped the bottom boot lid down to the extent that one of the big retaining straps snapped. Cheers Domino.

To be fair they do go... Will be replacing both.

It's broken.... Only a bit though.

The dog exited in a hurry last night, and helped the bottom boot lid down to the extent that one of the big retaining straps snapped. Cheers Domino.

To be fair they do go... Will be replacing both.

They rot. Had both replaced on the 07 TDV8. Current 12 plate has a hydraulic strut in addition to the straps to prevent the lid from dropping down. A possible retrofit on yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom