We need a Landrover sub-forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes the interior is not too bad ;)

54784533-B332-4CF1-AF11-8FB7F0CD4962_zps6ybaf7xy.jpg

0ADBB0BD-3E26-4FFF-BD73-BDC6F8A237C4_zpsgde89ix4.jpg

That is stunning pal, definitely prefer the new full fat over the new Sport, once the SDV8 hits £40k; they'll be on the list!

Took the Range Rover to work last week. It came in use...., but laughed at the terrain. (My wife on the other hand shrieked in terror)

10931096_1208172359195192_2099345044000705144_n_zpsyealtti1.jpg

11180637_1208172379195190_1823273898509052300_n_zpsqzujploi.jpg

Fancy taking a Range Rover off-road David, whatever were you thinking?!

Can this be renamed the "Jaguar Land Rover" sub-forum please...

:D

Here's a rather nice, tricked up Disco 2 I sold this week. Sold to the first caller....phone went off the hook

Terrafirma 2" Suspension Lift, Terrafirma AluminiumSports Intercooler, EGR Delete, BF Goodrich All Terrains, Refurb'd Alloys, etc

Attachments

• DSCN3924.jpg
    DSCN3924.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
It's the 505bhp XF-R with the supercharged 5.0 V8.

And it's fecking awesome. :D

I bet it is!

PS -on LR subject

This has been my taxi for the past 4 days. Very impressive. Hire company had to wrestle the keys off me.... Poverty base spec with manual seats not as comfy though.

12977202_10207411013928360_7174101980203168674_o_zpsejclgqgh.jpg

^^^ Guessing you work for Orange PCS / EE David?

Never thought there was any other telecom guys here?

^^^ Guessing you work for Orange PCS / EE David?

Never thought there was any other telecom guys here?

Not for an Operator.

I do a lot of work for a firm that is actively acquiring operating mast sites across the UK/Ireland and in fact Worldwide.

Can take a good guess at one of the two big ones that spring to mind. Assume you work on the acquisition side.

We've got the unlucky job of climbing those towers, the anti-climb is the worst design ever on those Swann B2-3 towers lol.

Now on my third FFRR , this is just a cheapy vogue. Nothing to shout about but still I enjoy it as do my dogs!

Attachments

• image-3701243087.jpg
    image-3701243087.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 35
I was reminded of this thread by a recent post, so I thought I'd post up last months purchase...

2bcd0d347a4da5266acfeaa20e017c7a_zpsfpdsbhuq.jpg

Not sure what I'm letting myself in for as I'm going to do LHD to RHD conversion, transplant a v8 and auto and do a full ground up rebuild. It should keep me busy for the rest of this year.

cheers, Steve

stevehg said:
I was reminded of this thread by a recent post, so I thought I'd post up last months purchase... Not sure what I'm letting myself in for as I'm going to do LHD to RHD conversion, transplant a v8 and auto and do a full ground up rebuild. It should keep me busy for the rest of this year. cheers, Steve

Rest of this year? That would keep me busy for the rest of my life. I do like that proper old school Range Rover though. Looks lovely!

Rest of this year? That would keep me busy for the rest of my life. I do like that proper old school Range Rover though. Looks lovely!

It's not too bad as it has really sound bodywork and chassis, so no major surgery required. The rest is all easily unbolted.

Concerned with all of the recent RR thefts, I've already disabled the keyless entry, by locking the doors. ;) ;) ;)

cheers, Steve

^ I love the 'Classic' and especially the original three door. It was a close run thing when buying my L322 in December......nearly bought a Classic plus A.N.Other vehicle but just know the RR would have been used exclusively and that would have been difficult. Good luck with the build.....are you replacing those later wheels with correct pattern ones?

Good luck with the build.....are you replacing those later wheels with correct pattern ones?

Thanks. Actually those are the wheels it left the factory with, for this one anyway. It's an 80's range rover, manufactured after when they changed from the rostyle steel wheels to the alloys. I just looked it up and the change over happened in 1981.

cheers, Steve

Apparently, the steel wheels lack the safety feature that prevents the rim from digging into the tarmac in the event of a sudden deflation. Pity, as they suit the car perfectly.
Yours in white looks so simple, clean, elegant. Just look at how slender the A pillars are!

As an aside question. Do you really need to convert to RHD? The view up the road from an RR is usually pretty good and there's something about alighting kerb side that isn't without appeal.

Time to replace our 2007 RR TDV8 with something a bit more modern. Had it for nearly 2 years and bar a few issues that I've sorted myself it was perfect.

Here's the replacement. She's 2012 Supercharged Autobiography with everything, including leather door cards and headlining. Made our trusty and much loved TDV8 Vogue SE feel a bit agricultural in comparison.

Only good memories of the TDV8 and 30k miles of trouble free motoring. Exactly how much the new one has got on the clock.

Collection tomorrow, I honestly cannot wait...

26560099842_d041cdb6db_c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom