what 750 quid gets you nowadays ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Happy days.

Funnily enough seller legitimacy does have a bearing on the price of a vehicle.

Wouldn't be the first time someone's bought a car for a set of alloys ;)

If you intend on pumping money into it and having gearbox services and new tyres, respray etc then why on earth look at a £745 car to begin with :dk:

So every car that has 2 bad front tyres rusty door sills and needs a service should be driven for 1 year and scrapped because we have had our monies worth.

If this car is so cheap and such a great car then why scarp it after a year.

My personal circumstances mean I need a cheap reliable car that will get me from south east london to luton about once a week or so. In fact I bought on already but have reliased that a ford focus is not for me and that I want an older better quality car that I can put money into over the next few years and bring back from the scrap yard

At the end of the day I am still scratching my head in disbelief that my opinion and information about what I saw has gone this far.

You quiet rightly said you are standing by your words just like I am standing by my opinion of the car the seller, what I need from the car, what I want from the car and how much I want to pay for a car

You mean this car is not for you period. It's too cheap and you wouldn't take your chances with it. :D

No. It's not the price, it's the potential hassle and grief of dealing with a car bought from an untrustworthy private seller.

The 'wrong' car may prove to be a clone, a write-off, impossible to insure, or just belonging to someone else.

All of which will involve at the very least lengthy correspondence with various official parties, and potentially getting in trouble with the law.

Am I over-reacting? I don't know, I haven't met Mr. Liverpool. But Michael did, and he wasn't impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom