What car did you pass your driving test in?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Vauxhall Viva Mark 1 like this one. At that time (1967) BSM used to run fleets of them.

Great gear change, but would only go 40mph flat out it was so clapped out. I recall it had a stratospheric mileage - can't remember exactly what it was now. Got told off by driving test inspector for driving too slowly, but luckily he backed off when I told him I had my foot flat to the floor in a 40mph zone.

Happy days!!

Attachments

• 7083765.jpg
    7083765.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 7
Commer Cob van, was quite new so easy to drive, no slack gear change etc.

Series 2 107" landrover that i had rebuilt out of the scrapyard. I had been driving round in it for months before my test, i'm glad times have changed now.

1953 Austin A40 Somerset in Ealing, West London.

Purple Austin Allegro 1275 (instructors car) in 1974.......shuffling the 'quartic' steering wheel was interesting!

Mark II 1/4 ton Landrover. Three point turn was a quite a workout and just so I didn't get overconfident before the test, my instructor distracted me and slipped the transfer box into neutral at a very busy junction on the way to the test and wet himself watching me panic as the toots behind me got louder and I had no idea why it wasn't moving.

I stunning Metro. Instructors car.

Ant.

Ford Focus :) Passed in 2010
Ford-Focus-AA-Driving-School_thumb.jpg

A Bugatti Veyron

or maybe it was a Renault 5 TS ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom