What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a stunning car. Looks immaculate.
It was - they had really nice cars inside too, but I didn't want to be too nosey! Gives you a bit of confidence in the place when there are classics and AMGs everywhere.

I've had good service from them a few times now, so I do recommend them.

A bit of fun/chance to share, and shamelessly plagiarised from the other side (currently running a c4000 posts).
If it's been done before, I couldn't find it.

Can it survive thread assassination on this side - who knows :dk:.

I'll begin:

Dropped it off for an A service/rear washer jet replacement.
Took it for a service only to turn up and the garage forgot I was coming

What am I going to try to do today, more like!
1) Having had the locking wheelbolts removed, I'll be able to swap the right size wheels/tyres on to the back axle.
2) Replace the front foglights, which hasn't been possible yet, due to being unable to get the wheels off...
3) I had hoped to change the tailgate struts as well, but a courier screw-up means they haven't arrived.

I dropped mine off earlier to have the nsf balljoint & arm done. Finally.....

Then had to hire a Zipvan as the mrs forgot to tell the that the chaise needed picking up.

Of all the days......

It's not as if we haven't had the thing for well over a decade. I actually drove it home from Manchester in the back of my C43 estate - and I sold that in 2010.

Gratuitous pic of re-upholstered chaise longue.

Chaise.jpg

What am I going to try to do today, more like!
1) Having had the locking wheelbolts removed, I'll be able to swap the right size wheels/tyres on to the back axle.
2) Replace the front foglights, which hasn't been possible yet, due to being unable to get the wheels off...
3) I had hoped to change the tailgate struts as well, but a courier screw-up means they haven't arrived.
Well, that didn't happen...
Found that although the guy had removed and replaced the locking wheelbolts, he'd not undone and re-torqued the remaining bolts, so I still couldn't get the damned wheels off. Back it went. All done now, will do the above tasks on Monday, and with a bit of luck the struts will have turned up by then also.

Was reading on the forums about brake clipper refurbs and painting which led me yo take a long hard look at the front clippers on my A205. Would like to keep the original finish and stencils if poss so as a quick test took some brake cleaner and a dish scrubber to the parts I could see. First two pics are before and second two after I’d applied brake cleaner and scrubbed for a few seconds.

These initial wheels-on results are good enough to tempt me to remove the wheels and continue work with the brake cleaner and scrubber in the hope that the callipers will clean up enough that I can keep the MB lettering and original finish. Watch this space......

all comments saying ‘can’t see the difference’ will be welcomed and cause amusement😉

Attachments

• 71FF76AC-389F-4EF1-9B84-6D0AB1FF150F.jpeg
    71FF76AC-389F-4EF1-9B84-6D0AB1FF150F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 83C86545-2F49-4A72-A56F-DA264B7DD99A.jpeg
    83C86545-2F49-4A72-A56F-DA264B7DD99A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • 5F6191A8-9F6D-4C21-A756-5AC8F275EBCB.jpeg
    5F6191A8-9F6D-4C21-A756-5AC8F275EBCB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 094F3FAE-4202-4588-8370-817411808BA1.jpeg
    094F3FAE-4202-4588-8370-817411808BA1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Found a noise on the E220 when turning steering wheel (W211 OM646), checked Power Steering fluid level, low.
I reckon there may be a leak, topped up, will monitor.

Oil service.

Put 10 litres in and it still isn't registering as 'full' 😭

Good to see some of the varnish breaking up though.

Attachments

• IMG_1979.jpeg
    IMG_1979.jpeg
    924 KB · Views: 9
got the SLK out of her garage for the first time saince early January, took wife to church then after collecting her went for a 1 1/2 hour country drive roof down, lovely. Only downer (which I have to check) is that the front NS tyre looked low, so while wife was in church I ran home, tyre was at 11.5psi instead of 32psi, and it's a pretty new GY about 1 year old, so have to get that checked. Little cordless tyre pump did an excellent job getting the tyre back to pressure, so that's now in the boot instead of the house! I'd almost forgotttten how addictive the sound of the V6 is when the right foot gets a little heavy - wonderful sound!!

I took one to the supermarket and let the rest of the Dazzlers ride shotgun. I took one to the Starbucks drive thru for a 10 minute Frappuccino date under the stars. It was a good day.

Cleaned car and van today. First time in months. Loved every minute. 🥳
Ant, if you were any kind of friend you would come and sort mine out too. For your trouble, I would pay you in fajitas and fish finger sandwiches. Deal?

Ant, if you were any kind of friend you would come and sort mine out too. For your trouble, I would pay you in fajitas and fish finger sandwiches. Deal?
I’m on ma way with @ringway. He’s awesome at detailing and cleaning engine bays. I’ll consume the reward. Please prepare the East wing and arrange the swans. Lurpak slightly salted on the sandwiches. NO margarine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom