What's everyone's take on this ? ? ? ? ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No one is being bullied.

True, I said feels like.

But I imagine if the guy finds his email published here and himself described as a nob and aspergers etc I can't see him being entirely happy.

It isn't bullying.

But if he was a member here the tone would be different, there would be gentle ribbing, a taking of the piss, but no direct abuse.

I had an email almost identical to that when I was selling my SL and I made the mistake of actually letting him view the car.

A complete and utter nutbox. He certainly was a Mercedes nut and knew his stuff but an oddball of the highest order. I think he had OCD of some sort since would continually open and close doors, panels, walk around. Strange strange man.

How about this for starters and we can all add to it?

--------

Thank you for your considered and detailed response. You are quite right in that the present climate does encourage the proliferation of a certain genus of people, devoid of the economic means to engage in the consumption of items beyond the classic trinity of food, clothing and shelter and instead attempt to parlay their secondary position in the pyramid of life with a repeated and ongoing process of strolling the pathway to purchase of the said desired product, be it a car, piano or stove, till such time as the unsavoury issue of monetary exchange is reached.

At that point, the denziens of the deep raise their filthy heads from the mire and impeach these poor souls, be it via the means of uncooperative lending institutions, scurrilous insurers with fantastical premiums not coined since the time of Zeus or the exercise of spousal veto by the co-habitating partner who, while never gracing us with their presence or viewing the automobile, sees fit to interrupt and put paid to the noble dance of commerce by forbidding the purchase. Those more devoid of cranial matter will of course just not turn up, having cast themselves into a drooling, catatonic state having caught sight of themselves in a mirror and wondering what abomination onto nature stared back at them.

Moving to the vehicle, that you have taken the time to consider the means and method by which the benchmark for negotations as to the transfer of funds in exchange for the surrender of ownership by me, the owner, to you, the consumer, you show a definite insight and clarity of mind that sets you apart from our breathen above who swim in the shallow end of the gene pool. For this we must of course give thanks and far be it from me to turn my back on the hand of Fate by not contemplating a detailed and earnest reply to assuage your concerns.

For any transaction of this nature, a meeting on of the minds must of course be reached and for that, we occupy divergent positions on the scale of economic rationalise. I possess an object that you desire, being of course the primary motivation for your contact, but equally I see to replace the asset with coin of the Realm so as to partake in an equally harmonious transaction with the seller of a various handicrafts. A keen balance must be struck in not offering to engage at too low a price, which will see a shortfall in the contents of my wallet in favour of Party A, being he or she (in these enlightened times) who concludes the transaction solely in their favour but by the same token, so as to not set a price so unsavoury or an affront to the common man of average meeans that they my telephonic device lies silent and still.

We can presume, therefore, that you have taken the time to contact me rather than continue in the more pressing activities of your good life must surely suggest, you would agree, that my selection of an amount has obtained favour with your notion of an acceptable position of mutual harmony and the conclusion of a sale?

-----Have to go home now so anyone want to add------

Who remembers the thread from the MG forum where the bloke was booted out of a car site in the North East?

Maybe he's changes brand.......

True, I said feels like.

But I imagine if the guy finds his email published here and himself described as a nob and aspergers etc I can't see him being entirely happy.

Quite hard to be offended by text on a website, I doubt he his seriously mentalistick...

Who remembers the thread from the MG forum where the bloke was booted out of a car site in the North East?

Yep - sounds like he's cut from the same cloth as that guy. :D

I had an email almost identical to that when I was selling my SL and I made the mistake of actually letting him view the car.

A complete and utter nutbox. He certainly was a Mercedes nut and knew his stuff but an oddball of the highest order. I think he had OCD of some sort since would continually open and close doors, panels, walk around. Strange strange man.

How about this for starters and we can all add to it?

--------

Thank you for your considered and detailed response. You are quite right in that the present climate does encourage the proliferation of a certain genus of people, devoid of the economic means to engage in the consumption of items beyond the classic trinity of food, clothing and shelter and instead attempt to parlay their secondary position in the pyramid of life with a repeated and ongoing process of strolling the pathway to purchase of the said desired product, be it a car, piano or stove, till such time as the unsavoury issue of monetary exchange is reached.

At that point, the denziens of the deep raise their filthy heads from the mire and impeach these poor souls, be it via the means of uncooperative lending institutions, scurrilous insurers with fantastical premiums not coined since the time of Zeus or the exercise of spousal veto by the co-habitating partner who, while never gracing us with their presence or viewing the automobile, sees fit to interrupt and put paid to the noble dance of commerce by forbidding the purchase. Those more devoid of cranial matter will of course just not turn up, having cast themselves into a drooling, catatonic state having caught sight of themselves in a mirror and wondering what abomination onto nature stared back at them.

Moving to the vehicle, that you have taken the time to consider the means and method by which the benchmark for negotations as to the transfer of funds in exchange for the surrender of ownership by me, the owner, to you, the consumer, you show a definite insight and clarity of mind that sets you apart from our breathen above who swim in the shallow end of the gene pool. For this we must of course give thanks and far be it from me to turn my back on the hand of Fate by not contemplating a detailed and earnest reply to assuage your concerns.

For any transaction of this nature, a meeting on of the minds must of course be reached and for that, we occupy divergent positions on the scale of economic rationalise. I possess an object that you desire, being of course the primary motivation for your contact, but equally I see to replace the asset with coin of the Realm so as to partake in an equally harmonious transaction with the seller of a various handicrafts. A keen balance must be struck in not offering to engage at too low a price, which will see a shortfall in the contents of my wallet in favour of Party A, being he or she (in these enlightened times) who concludes the transaction solely in their favour but by the same token, so as to not set a price so unsavoury or an affront to the common man of average meeans that they my telephonic device lies silent and still.

We can presume, therefore, that you have taken the time to contact me rather than continue in the more pressing activities of your good life must surely suggest, you would agree, that my selection of an amount has obtained favour with your notion of an acceptable position of mutual harmony and the conclusion of a sale?

-----Have to go home now so anyone want to add------

Hilarious, articulate and pithy response. Where is the thread of the year button? :thumb:

Wow what a long winded way of saying whats the best price you'l do for the car???????

I would take it as an insult that i have no idea what im doing.

Wow what a long winded way of saying whats the best price you'l do for the car???????

I would take it as an insult that i have no idea what im doing.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Actually, I am disgusted by this thread too.

hahahahaha as if :D

I do also agree its not a nigerian type scam - it could be Aspergers actually.

I find the strangest owners are the Smart car bunch. There are some right weirdo's about. Most are fine but some are just crazy.

My MIL recently bought a SMART.
Correct on both counts...

icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Some very unkind comments on this thread

I had a chap arrive once with an Excel scatter chart of W124 prices plotted showing my prices with respect to the average as shown on Autotrader. I thought it a little extreme but we all look at things in different ways. He was (I assume) used to working in Excel so he used it as a tool to examine how my pricing differed from others

The uncharitable, as shown by some of those posting on this thread, might think him a nut. I thought him a very agreeable chap but based that on meeting him and not on first impressions

He still owns the car and posts on this forum

Nick Froome

Yes, but that chap was just a well informed buyer who came upon a bunch of feckless crooks...

Some very unkind comments on this thread

I had a chap arrive once with an Excel scatter chart of W124 prices plotted showing my prices with respect to the average as shown on Autotrader. I thought it a little extreme but we all look at things in different ways. He was (I assume) used to working in Excel so he used it as a tool to examine how my pricing differed from others

The uncharitable, as shown by some of those posting on this thread, might think him a nut. I thought him a very agreeable chap but based that on meeting him and not on first impressions

He still owns the car and posts on this forum

Nick Froome

excel scatter charts to buy a car - oh my gawd - that's a terrible indictment on both the buyer and seller.

Just agree a deal sensible to both..

for the love of gawdjebsus etc.. etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom