whats your ideas on modifying 190e's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
It's nothing new that 190e's are being modified and yes it's nice to see genuine examples but the paint on mine is so so and its bland and boring.

It's beige on beige which is fine but not exactly shiny.

So I'm going to do it all myself, paint (as its totally rot free) so I don't have to reshape wings etc. Mechanicals are all spot on.

I want ideas on cheap mods that bring the car some individuality, colour ideas, wheel ideas, suspension etc etc.

Bare in mind I won't be spending £1000's I want to see if you can do all of this to a high level on a lower budget.

I'm going down the stance route too but want to keep the original look.

Think you've answered your own question at the end really...

I like them low with a bit of attitude. Keep the beige on beige, the ambers, the chrome and everything else (barr a tidy up) and invest in some bags.

Sitting on its ass will bring so many kindss of cool that people won't notice the colour.

Slammed Stuttgart taxi... with details as above.

If I was to repaint a 190 I'd go for a modern "retro-esque" colour, vw and BMW do some really deep pearlesant browny greys which would look spot on. I'd even keep the beige Sacco's to give the 2 tone look. You don't even need big rims, 16" 8 holes with a tidy drop looks perfect

Like this but a 190e and retro wheels

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 53
I'd go with some 16" EVO1 wheels. They look fabulous on any 190, lowered or not.

Can't stand slammed cars. What's the point?

Go V8.

poormansporsche said:
If I was to repaint a 190 I'd go for a modern "retro-esque" colour, vw and BMW do some really deep pearlesant browny greys which would look spot on. I'd even keep the beige Sacco's to give the 2 tone look. You don't even need big rims, 16" 8 holes with a tidy drop looks perfect

Well this was the plan, Porsche do a lovely browny bronze. Agreed I won't be going any bigger than 15/16" else it looks awful!

I fancy two tone aswell! Sanding will commence this week as my new discs arrive.

stwat said:
I'd go with some 16" EVO1 wheels. They look fabulous on any 190, lowered or not.

They are nice wheels, they do demand a premium though!

Alx said:
Can't stand slammed cars. What's the point? Go V8.

Personal taste, I won't be touching the mechanicals as I wanted to do this on a small budget and all myself. Something I've never done before.

I could barely change a spark plug let alone an engine haha!

Sambo said:
Think you've answered your own question at the end really... I like them low with a bit of attitude. Keep the beige on beige, the ambers, the chrome and everything else (barr a tidy up) and invest in some bags. Sitting on its ass will bring so many kindss of cool that people won't notice the colour.

I'd tend to agree with you, but this issue is cost. I spend a lot of money on the Porsche suspension wise. This is a cheap DIY project that will hopefully turn out well!

Personal taste, I won't be touching the mechanicals as I wanted to do this on a small budget and all myself. Something I've never done before.

I could barely change a spark plug let alone an engine haha!

1.5 years ago I was the same. I started by taking the heads off a 55k engine in my old car. That was the experience I'll never forget. It went something like this:

Hmmm... how difficult would it be to get the heads off and inspect the bores (that were leaking oil)? Shouldn't be that hard...

By the end of second day I realised that not only the job was massive, there was no way back!

Give it a try, you may find it's easier than you thought. You'll learn a thing or two as well.

Now get that V8 and put it in there! None of this low and slow nonsense.

:devil::D

1.5 years ago I was the same. I started by taking the heads off a 55k engine in my old car. That was the experience I'll never forget. It went something like this:

Hmmm... how difficult would it be to get the heads off and inspect the bores (that were leaking oil)? Shouldn't be that hard...

By the end of second day I realised that not only the job was massive, there was no way back!

Give it a try, you may find it's easier than you thought. You'll learn a thing or two as well.

Now get that V8 and put it in there! None of this low and slow nonsense.

:devil::D

The guy has built a modified 911. That should say it all.

He wants a budget runaround that he doesn't care about that much and doesn't want to spend that much on but wants to add his own stamp on.

His 190E is perfect for that. No need to get the Creditors in and lay out 17m to do it. Just spend as little as possible and enjoy it as you go along.

You don't have to go down the route of re-writing the history of Mercedes-Benz W201 modding and spending ££££$$$£$£$ to do so.
That is what is so good about the W201. You can do a little or a lot. No matter what you do, your car will be individual at little expense.

Oh god, I so now want to buy another W201,,,,,,,,,,,

The guy has built a modified 911. That should say it all.

He wants a budget runaround that he doesn't care about that much and doesn't want to spend that much on but wants to add his own stamp on.

His 190E is perfect for that. No need to get the Creditors in and lay out 17m to do it. Just spend as little as possible and enjoy it as you go along.

You don't have to go down the route of re-writing the history of Mercedes-Benz W201 modding and spending ££££$$$£$£$ to do so.
That is what is so good about the W201. You can do a little or a lot. No matter what you do, your car will be individual at little expense.

Oh god, I so now want to buy another W201,,,,,,,,,,,

Haha, you seem to have talked yourself into a project.

Steady there, they don't make those V8 anymore, form an orderly queue. Gunning was first!

:)

On a serious note, I wasn't patronising. Just threw my idea in that is actually fun to exectute and not that costly when done by yourself.

Well it's stripped and ready to be sanded down. I also stripped the interior and shampoo 'd the carpets and seats, door cards etc.

Also got my eye on some wheels too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom