Wheel sealant - which one, and are they worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
Having my alloys refurbished, and so I'm keen to keep 'em tip top once back on the car. Thinking of applying a sealant. Two spring to mind:

1. Autoglym Alloy Wheel Seal - I like Autoglym stuff and it seems easy to apply being an aerosol.

2. Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant - Seem to have a good reputation and reviews seem really positive.

Anyone used either of these, or an alternative?

Any other products worth considering?

Snake oil or worth every penny?

I've used poorboys before and to be honest I'd just use some proper wax like collinite/autoglym HD wax as it's much better at repelling water and much more durable. Plus you can use it on your paintwork obviously.

OR an alternative is Jetseal that's quite durable aswell I've heard

I used Poorboy's (recommended by our member Will) on my refurbished diamond-cut Sador wheels.

I used a little Autoglym Super Resin Polish before applying the Poorboy's wax and my wheels still look like new after a year of use.
I did apply 3, coats of Poorboy's though, so my right arm was aching.

I applied 2, coats of Poorboy's to the painted finish on the inner of the wheel to protect, and the dirt slides off fairly easily.

I seem to remember it taking a whole day to completely wax the four wheels. Worth it though.

I wax ( the wheels lol) and then bung some poorboy's on... wax makes all the difference...

I have some poorboys, not applied yet.
Are we saying put that on after something else?

Fk 1000p is a good bang for the buck.

Swissvax Autobahn give a longer lasting shine between the washes but is a lot more expensive. Smells best too.

My absolute favourite is Gtechniq C1 crystal coating. I apply it on the car and on the wheels. I'm on my first year but it is supposed to last for up to 3 years on a single application.

Ive got both auto glym and poorboys for the wheels on my SEC... poorboys seems to do a better job...

I use RIMWAX, smells of bubble gum too!, just cleaned mine after 400 miles just with a jetwash and nothing else the brake dust just slid off! inside and out, just dried them with a MF cloth and all nice and shiney again! they get RIMWAX everytime i change from winter\summer and vice versa, seems to do a good job. i think as above, any good wax would do the job.

Poorboys/Collinite

Has to be FK1000p...

Thanks for all the suggestions gents

Are you on commission??!! :D

Any other online shops I should try?

Haha, no! Thats the first link that came up on google. Nah I just think its brilliant stuff and its better than a lot of the stuff on the market right now. When it comes to price and how well it performs. You can use it on the paint also. Works very very well.

Take a look on detailing world, gets very good reviews.

FinishKare 1000p vs Collinite 476s Sheeting test - Detailing World

FK1000P vs Poorboys wheel sealant - Detailing World

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom