Where does the SIM go in CLK 2002?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiG

Okay, sorry for the stupid question to all those in the know... But I just bought a CLK55 AMG '02 model and can't for the life of me figure out where to put my SIM card for the built in phone.

Any direction would be appreciated!

Okay, sorry for the stupid question to all those in the know... But I just bought a CLK55 AMG '02 model and can't for the life of me figure out where to put my SIM card for the built in phone.

Any direction would be appreciated!

Would be useful to know which phone option you have in the car. If you are not sure about the option code, post your VIN here.

As Diesel Benz says, what kit have you got? Just because you have steering wheel controls and comand, does not mean that you have the phone option.

If you dont want to post the VIN, post a couple of pics of the interior.

Thanks... I am in Dubai so do not have a VIN (I think!). Just the engine and chassis number is mentioned on my registration card and on the plaque next to driver's door.

I have attached some pics of the interior. The reason I consider there must be a space for the SIM is that the console controls have a button for answering and closing calls - and a button for the telephone option. But so far it has eluded me!

Took some pics but the forum will only allow links to an http:// page when I try to attach them. Will explore some other options to try this.

Cheers for the help guys.

Okay, here are the pics... Thanks!

Attachments

• Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Interior1.jpg
    Interior1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 92
All post facelift W210's have the steering wheel controls, and all Comand 2.0 systems have the telephone button.

Irrespective of whether the car had phone prewire or not.

I would expect to see a handset somewhere in the car if you have prewire, more than likely in the central armrest console.

If we do a VIN check it will tell us if the car left the factory with a phone kit.

It is possible to retrofit a phone kit, which will work with Comand and the steering wheel controls, but I believe is quite expensive. Try your Vin/Chassis no in here http://old.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng, and see if it says anything about phone options.

Personally I went for a Parrot.

Last edited:
Thanks... Okay, I checked the VIN (thanks for the heads up that the VIN is the chassis number - confirmed my lack of knowledge!)

Unclear about the phone option as almost everything is listed as options. But think you are right about the handset - will follow up with the dealer.

Something that did take me aback is that the delivery date is listed on the car as below - and it was sold to me as a 2002 and that is on my official registration (guess that is Dubai for you).

Could there be a mistake or wishful thinking????

Delivery date20.10.00

the phone will be inside the centre armrest lid bit if its there. All facelift W208 and W210 (amongst others) came with the phone buttons on the steering wheel (even if phone not fitted) and also if equipped with COMAND also had phone buttons. Same with television buttons on Non-TV cars.

If its not in the armrest then you dont have it. It should say "no phone" or similar on COMAND if you press the button.

Something that did take me aback is that the delivery date is listed on the car as below - and it was sold to me as a 2002 and that is on my official registration (guess that is Dubai for you).

Could there be a mistake or wishful thinking????

Delivery date20.10.00

Wishful thinking, if you prefer to call it that way. MB database would not have have a mistake like that and if you got the delivery date from the Russian site, it should be a good copy for the part it covers.

Theoretically the first registration could have been during 2002 but that would be an extremely odd case if the car had been waiting for more than a year to be registered.

Hmm, that is a bugger... Thanks for your help with these posts even if the last bit I didn't want to hear!!!

You should be able to get the details confirmed at any M-B dealership ... they can bring the datacard up on their workshop system.

You should be able to get the details confirmed at any M-B dealership ... they can bring the datacard up on their workshop system.

Just to double check this, members at the forum could do it from the same database that an MB dealer would do (well, there are members from dealers too). Either post the VIN or PM to a volunteer (comment for the OP, not for BTB of course).

Sadly my WIS declines to play any more :(

If you have nothing inside the armrest then you have only the buttons and not the phone.

Well, if anyone could help double checking this it would be much appreciated. It is Eid holidays here at the moment so the dealers are all closed until next week. The VIN is WDB2083741F174516.

Thanks again for all the assistance in these posts. This is an excellent forum with some really helpful guys - nice to be part of it!

Phone computer in the boot, i didnt know what it was until another member told me, had a closer look and it actually says Nokia:eek:
Its the top black box.

Lynall

Last edited:
Well, if anyone could help double checking this it would be much appreciated. It is Eid holidays here at the moment so the dealers are all closed until next week. The VIN is WDB2083741F174516.

Thanks again for all the assistance in these posts. This is an excellent forum with some really helpful guys - nice to be part of it!

Is it the same for others, I cannot pull the data card from two different sources? But the Russian site still does recognise it.
(MiG: http://old.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng )

No phone kit except some sort of (Japanese) Tele-Aid preparation.

Thanks mate... Unfortunately mine doesn't have the little black box. Appreciate the suggestion though, cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom