Which models can have 6/7 seats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scottishc280

We currently have a c280 and its greeeeaaatttt but the wife uses it most days for protection of junior but I am thinking of changing by daily drive 170,000 mile '94 Prelude (what a great car - may keep and restore to its former glorry) but want something with 6/7 seats. I do not want a people carrier or a 4x4 as I do an 80mile round trip to work 5 days a week. So want a real car for normal daily use but the 6/7 seats for days away to save taking 2 cars.

Wasn't sure which C or E classes had this option, typically it will be 5 adults and a car seat (full 3 point belt required), 1 of the adults can use a lap belt.

What Merc models (not 4x4) have had this as an option and how common or expensive is this option?

Anything from £5k to £10k

thanks

In an E Class estate, with that number of adults, you will take up all the forward facing seats. That could leave the pop up seats in the boot for the youngsters, no sure about the seat belts though. The rear facing seats can be fitted to any W210 estate and probably W211 also quite and does not need to come as a factory installed item.

Other than an estate type car, 6 or 7 seats would normally require a people carrier or 4x4. Good luck in your search

Your only practical option sounds like a E class Estate, 7 seater. Largest diesel engine you can get if you do big miles

Seek and ye shall find

Hi

We have a 124 and a 210 both 3 litre diesels and both are great cars have had 8 adults in the 124 once going for a meal 20 mile away with no complaints.
We have 4 kids and when venturing to France etc we need a roof box because luggage space is limited with the rear facing seats in place.
Rear facing seats have proper 3 point inertia belts on both cars although they are not a legal requirement.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom