Why buy new diesel cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Read it carefully - "Phased out from 2018" - so that's the date they start phasing them out.

He wants a further 300 zero emission buses on the streets by 2020. According to TFL, there are 9300 buses in London. Not that many to change then!

https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/about-tfl/what-we-do/buses

So, I won't be able to drive into London??? Who in their right minds does that anyway?

And guess who's going to pay for all of this. The Taxpayer.

This will only affect working people. Those on benefits, children and OAPs travel for free anyway.

3.0 v6 turbo diesel merc

I got 53.2 mpg on a trip a couple of weeks ago, averaged 42 mph over a 40 mile trip

My friends 2ltr turbo petrol gets 24mpg

Can any of the great leaders please confirm that a car doing double the mileage per gallon is a negative thing and going to kill us??

In the same breath they agree to another runway in London

Go figure

3.0 v6 turbo diesel merc

I got 53.2 mpg on a trip a couple of weeks ago, averaged 42 mph over a 40 mile trip

My friends 2ltr turbo petrol gets 24mpg

Can any of the great leaders please confirm that a car doing double the mileage per gallon is a negative thing and going to kill us??

In the same breath they agree to another runway in London ������

Go figure
It's not the fuel economy that's the issue, it's the emissions. I can't help to think we've got VW to thank for this knee jerk response. It's given the green loons all the leverage they need.

Spice52 said:
3.0 v6 turbo diesel merc I got 53.2 mpg on a trip a couple of weeks ago, averaged 42 mph over a 40 mile trip My friends 2ltr turbo petrol gets 24mpg Can any of the great leaders please confirm that a car doing double the mileage per gallon is a negative thing and going to kill us?? In the same breath they agree to another runway in London Go figure
Two sets of figures don't make for evidence of anything. I did a 195 mile trip yesterday on a mix of motorways, A & B roads, unclassified roads and Heathrow's multi-storey car park averaging 62mph and returning 38mpg in my 3.5ltr V6 petrol. So what? I'll tell you: my car chucked out less NOx than your diesel did during a journey of just a fifth of the distance. Using fuel doesn't kill, it's the pollutants chucked out of the back that do the killing.

Using fuel doesn't kill, it's the pollutants chucked out of the back that do the killing.

I think one of the 'selling points' of the CO2 debate is that climate change does ultimately kill on the grand scale.

Petrolheads and dieselheads debating which is worse or better for the environment? Neither is good. If you really care, walk or ride a bicycle!

PS I'm loving my first diesel (1.9 TiD) and ordered a (3.0L) new replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom