30yr anti-corrosion "MobiloLife" warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You'll also find that they'll turn away anyone who's owned a vehicle for less than 6 months.

You'll also find that they'll turn away anyone who's owned a vehicle for less than 6 months.

For goodwill yes.....Mobilo Life however is a Contract ''with the car''......but is virtually unenforceable so far as the consumer is concerned. There has never been, as I understand it, any corrosion rectifications admitted by MB to have been under Mobilo Life in the UK......there have been a ''hand full'' of ex Gratia payments without admission of liability at the ''Courtroom Door'' and even fewer from within the Courtroom with no precedent having been established.

Mic

Yeah it was rusty when I got it. Basically I got the car as a trade in through my old work. It was a non-runner (blown turbo and corroded brake lines). My boss gave the previous owner scrap value for the car and I couldn't believe he was going to just send it to it's death. So I paid my boss what he needed for it (unseen) and went to pick it up. I fitted a new turbo, cleaned out all the intake and exhaust sides and replaced the brake lines. The car is perfect and if I could sort out the body then I would love it forever.
I asked the previous owner why he hadn't tried to claim a repair himself, he just said "cars rust mate". I really don't accept that a 9yr old Mercedes should rust like that. My '98 Integra Type-R hasn't got a spot on it

So you bought a car for scrap value because it had problems and was rusty, then expect Mercedes to pick up the tab for the repair.

Chancer.

Haha. Yeah exactly. Do you really think a 9 year old car should rust these days? Never mind a Mercedes-Benz? The fact of the matter is the car has a FMBSH, 12 stamps, at Merc's heavily inflated "oil change" prices and it appears to my untrained eye to be rusting in parts from the inside out. If my 106 rallye or my Integra were to rust like that then I wouldn't even consider visiting my dealer. However MB have written in my fully stamped book that they will repair bodywork corrosion from the inside out for up to 30 years.
Why am I a chancer? I'm not trying to get this done without meeting all of their requirements as stated in the service book...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom