AMG Widebody 190

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MB-190DTM-05.jpg

cool colours....but defo needs to be period correct colour.

Keep 'em coming please :)

How about Astral Silver ?

talbir

Thats nice !

Go for the full DTM decals !! would look incredible !!

Found a lovely colour:

What do you think?

You won't believe this, but ask Jay....Pearl Grey, which is the colour of that E, was one of the 2 colours i had narrowed down too !

Now if you check the colour of the front widebody wings i have put on the 190 in the pics on page 1 of this thread, they are the same colour already !

Amazing ! Spooky !!

t

You won't believe this, but ask Jay....Pearl Grey, which is the colour of that E, was one of the 2 colours i had narrowed down too !

Now if you check the colour of the front widebody wings i have put on the 190 in the pics on page 1 of this thread, they are the same colour already !

Amazing ! Spooky !!

t

Must be an E thing :p
It really is a nice colour, would love to see it in the flesh though.

Awesome livery, among my favourites, but period-incorrect for an AMG Widebody.
That car is an Evolution-II, raced in the DTM of the early 90's.
Just 502 road cars were built and 500 sold in 1990.
At Hockenheim last year, an enthusiast showed up in his Evolution I liveried up Sonax style...

W201DTMReplica01.jpg

FWIW, I think Talbir's project deserves Metallic paint.

Last edited:
Still plenty of DTM cars from the late 80s to work from:

dtm88mb.jpg

Red does work well in some cases:

mb-3.jpg

Me too...there is an MB colour code for that one isn't there ? ANyone know it ?

t

Looks like the same colour as my W124.

image003.jpg

I have a tin of MB paint for it in the garage... probably with the paint code on. If you want I'll try and remember to dig it out in the morning.

I don't think any DTM livery would suit it as the bodywork isn't wild enough to carry it off. If it was going to have 18" wheels etc and be lowered far more then possibly it could work. The 300SL style would be more fitting....although not period it suits the wheels that have been chosen.

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200711/mercedes-300-sel-6-8_460x0w.jpg

I've always liked the Senna special edition gold coloured 190s.

http://www.modellauto-shop.ch/439511.JPG

Apoligies for crap pictures.

Dave!

Looks like the same colour as my W124.

I have a tin of MB paint for it in the garage... probably with the paint code on. If you want I'll try and remember to dig it out in the morning.

That'd be grand ! Thanks :)

t

I like Bornite on a standard 190, but it's maybe not right for an '80s look, if that's what youre after? That pearl grey W124 above is cool, and there's a darker grey metallic (anthracite, perhaps?) that looks great on 190s.

But I can't believe, Talbir, that you don't have a single 199 blue-black metallic car in your stable! :-o

I like Bornite on a standard 190, but it's maybe not right for an '80s look, if that's what youre after? That pearl grey W124 above is cool, and there's a darker grey metallic (anthracite, perhaps?) that looks great on 190s.

But I can't believe, Talbir, that you don't have a single 199 blue-black metallic car in your stable! :-o

199...It's a colour i don't personally like.

I'm erring towards :

- the green as per the widebody SEC
- signal red
- pearl grey
- astral silver (not brilliant silver), i think astral is 735 and brilliant is 744

The Senna 190 is cool and my son has that model car...but 702 is the colour of my Widebody SEC !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom