AMG Widebody 190

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you fancy giving the details of your paintshop away so that discerning members can get the same quality results Talbir :D

Dave!

Here is a pic of the engine under panel that goes on the Widebody 201 !

Last edited:
Hmmmmm .....

Gotta be the red one , with a red grille and diamond cut lips !

The red one, but the internal slats in the grill need to be a matt black or similar colour.

Dave!

I like this colour :)

2634111123_c9dc210931.jpg

Looks like Malachite to me

There are generally two shades of each colour. For Blue-Black, 199, there are six shades! The shade makes a big difference - that's quite a green-looking Malachite (if it is Malachite). Some of them are quite pale & dusty

Having the whole car in one colour makes a big difference. I had a Malachite E280 recently that looked different to normal and I'd had it a week before I realised the kit was body colour and not contrasting

200650.001.jpg

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Last edited:
The red one, but the internal slats in the grill need to be a matt black or similar colour.

Dave!

Looks like red is winning the day....

Yes, i will do the grille, badges, trims in satin black. With the grille, the surround and garnish mouldings will be stain black but insert color coded.

talbir

The red AMG 190 in the press pics looks ACE, you got to do your one RED.

Just noticed the single windscreen washer-jet on the Red AMG in Talbir's pic.
Damn, that's early!

I have a 190e sitting in the drive at my house with a garage full of 190e parts from a donor car i stripped this thread is jus making me want to do something with it, I can get hold of a full Cossie kit including interior for jus £250. I'll see how Talbir's turns out then i might just have a go myself.

One thing I will say about 199 BlauSchwarz (I like it, btw);

You have to keep it absolutely f***ing spotless, or else it just looks like a scruffy dark grey.
It has less depth than you think, especially once the paint begins to mar.
This is a concours example, displayed at Brooklands for most of last summer.

Brooklands_C1_010.jpg

Brooklands_C1_027.jpg

Last edited:
True, but Talbir must already have a captive troupe of magic polishing elves to keep his other cars in such tip-top shape. ;)

Astral Silver has two codes 735 and 9735 - used from 1972 - 2001. I painted Will's wheels in 9735.

Bloody great job you did too, I saw the pictures ;)

and only 300 bhp...! :D

1 out of 3 ! or is that 0 out of 2 !! :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom