AngryDog's yet unnamed W211 E55 AMG project thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hahaha, I didn't even know it existed 2 days ago so you don't sound thick :).

Yeah it saves me having to go aftermarket HU as I couldn't get any leads for my Parrot kit to connect to command.

Lol it is definitely a handy thing it come on mine I think as optional extra it's a good bit of kit, I thought being the amg it would have all that stuff already, atleast on the bright side you got it sorted your be sat in your car now waiting for people to ring you lol.

Well it works! Thought I had an issue as it stayed on after I locked the car but it goes off eventually. Phone book all synced up.

This weekends jobs weather and time permitting is to fit my new grill and put the original air boxes back on.

Got some IKEA furniture to build and my M5 to clean up to sell as well. Busy weekend

Well it works! Thought I had an issue as it stayed on after I locked the car but it goes off eventually. Phone book all synced up.

This weekends jobs weather and time permitting is to fit my new grill and put the original air boxes back on.

Got some IKEA furniture to build and my M5 to clean up to sell as well. Busy weekend

The Viseeo stays on whilst your bluetooth phone is in range. I noticed that the other evening.

The Viseeo stays on whilst your bluetooth phone is in range. I noticed that the other evening.

It stayed on after I'd turned Bluetooth on and took the phone in the house lol. It goes off after about 5 mins.

Changed the grill today. The old one is in the bin. Whichever of the previous owners who fitted wants some stern words in their direction! Bolt missing, another bolt use was the cheapest ****tiest bolt ever. It fought me all of the way off. I had to snap the grill to even get anything on it.

Looks better now though. I may go for a black chrome one or something at some point.

Thanks Gav! I need two of the bolt screws as they're long gone. Merc only do you think?

Changed the grill today. The old one is in the bin. Whichever of the previous owners who fitted wants some stern words in their direction! Bolt missing, another bolt use was the cheapest ****tiest bolt ever. It fought me all of the way off. I had to snap the grill to even get anything on it.

Looks better now though. I may go for a black chrome one or something at some point.

Much better. Just needs the upright star now:thumb:

hahaha I arent actually a fan of the star if I am being honest LOL

http://imgur.com/WyEb1cA

Looks much better mate.

Cheers. The other grill was a bit pants really. It cannot harm anyone any more as its now at the tip lol

So I am considering painting the rear spoiler in black, add a bit of extra colour to the car. Yay or nay?

looks much better mate, I love the star, use it to target M5`s ;) lol

As much as I like the E39 M5, and more so the Alpina B10 V8, even in standard form, an E55K will rip an E39 M5 apart (ask me how I know! :D).

The natural competition is the E60 M5.

However, the E60 will eat it's own gearbox like a kid eating chocolate.

Definitely. Well the M5 has gone now and the war horse remains, waiting for me to spend money on it lol

Well done.

Personally I think £6300 on a £6500 is a good offer.

Decent E39 M5s will be dwindling all the time.

Well done.

Personally I think £6300 on a £6500 is a good offer.

Decent E39 M5s will be dwindling all the time.

I got less sadly. Something came up at sale time that I had to discount as it wasn't there on my listing etc. Still £150 off wasn't too bad.

Genuinely good E39 M5's are hard to find now. Even the ones that say they're good tend not to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom