Any Remap Group buys in Midlands or south wales ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine isn't being tuned (due to the Brabus chip) but it would seem good sense to me to have a before/after.

Without some kind of comparison, how do you know what you're getting?

Very true

Card or cash for tomorrow? did we get a final price and whats the status of the before and after readouts so we can see the results?

hey

Cash would be better or you can pay by card but then you will pay the VAT !
£250 is the price, normally they charge £50 to do the Dyno before and after.
I will speak to them to see if they can do a better price if anyone wants it done.

See you there in the morning.

thanks Acid

BRABUSK8 do they do a dyno run after to prove the power normally then?
See you all in the morning

So, 0900 start tomorrow? Just confirming :)

A big thank you to Acid for organising the day and a big hello to everyone that i met. It was a good day i thought and some good results, these were mine.

DSCF2633.jpg

DSCF2632.jpg

Although I didn't get on the dyno in the end, I'd also like to thank Acid for his event organisation - the boy did good :thumb:.

A range of cars made were remapped and made the dyno and it was an enjoyable way to spend a few hours on a Saturday.

Very nice to meet you all.......

Does your mom still love her little boy Alex? ;).

No she hates me, and never wants to see me again. So i will save all the future birthday present money and buy more upgrades ;)

Hey

Guys

Sorry it took longer then we though today !
Had a great day and nice to meet a few new people in person :)

Just to let you know there was no extra charge on the dyno and viezu said thanks aswell for coming down.

Acid

A Few Shots From Today's Event

A selection of cars from today's remap event in Bromsgrove - and the dyno facility.

P1000462.jpg

P1000456.jpg

P1000459.jpg

P1000458.jpg

P1000461.jpg

P1000466.jpg

P1000469.jpg

P1000471.jpg

P1000479.jpg

P1000473.jpg

P1000474.jpg

Yes, was good to meet fellow petrol heads, the muffins were good too!

Mixed thoughts about my car at the time of the dyno, but the journey home gave me time to reflect.

350bhp car after nine years now produces 322bhp.

After remap now produces 343bhp, almost back to where it started!

Anyone have to wait for the car to "learn" their driving style again? I noticed my car was different when I got on the M42 and was in the fast lane, throttle responce was very slow at 70-90 and I had to put the pedal much lower to the floor to get going.

But by the time I got home the point at which the car picked up speed from 70-90 had gone from pedal in carpet to just a gentle squeeze of my right foot, much better!

This was a good day! It was nice to meet up with a few members and chat. I drooled over John's (Developer) car quite a bit, as this is how I want my car to be. Acid was a good host, and answered all the inane questions with good humour. :)

I wasn't convinced that my remap was at all successful, and indeed the first attempt wasn't. The 2nd one seemed to be to Acid, though I couldn't tell from the driver's seat and decided to revert to stock and disappear home. At this point Acid and the Viezu guys requested the car be run on the dyno to discover what was happening. Surprisingly it produced 248hp, from a standard 204hp. I made the decision that I just wasn't sensitive enough to feel a 20% increase in power and then paid the man for his time. I was assured that the car needed to re-adapt to my driving style and this would happen on the route home.

Drive back started badly as, unbeknown to me, the g/box mode had changed from S to C. I was gutted, thinking that the remap had caused it the car to be changing up early, at all the worst moments, and causing it to kick down every bend. It wasn't until the first full stop and launch that I realised it was starting in 2nd *blushes*

To cut a long story short, I still wasn't convinced at this point. The weekend was spent ferrying around family so I wasn't able to try anything meaningful. however, I had access to a private test facility last night and I found that there is indeed a nice difference. Not 'Night and Day' as was said it would be, but worthwhile nonetheless. Roll ons between 60 - 80 and 80 - 100 are quite the eye opener now, and it's also now worthwhile revving past 4k whereas before it would fall flat on its face, it now keeps pulling nicely to the red line. Maybe my car took a long longer for it to adapt? Either way, now I'm quite happy with the change :)

It seems that everyone else was happy straight away. What happened with Kraven's car? Are there any more updates?

Last edited:
Acid did you receive my message? Thanks

Hi Guys,

Took a breather as I needed to sort somethings our before I posted.

Well...... got home on the saturday and I couldn't see much difference in the car by the time I got back, so I got out my PLX Kiwi and opened up REV 2.0 on my iphone, as this measures 0-60 times. My 0-60 before was 8.5s and this has dropped to 7.99s, which I thought was a little dissappointing, as the C250 at 217hp is 7.0s, where as the dyno on the day recorded 190hp at the wheels but they didn't do a run-down due to time.

Anyway, after messing around with Dashcommand it turns out my car had thrown out a P0193 error which I could not clear. After speaking to the guys at Viezu, I brought the car back to Viezu who were able to clear the error and since they did that the car picked up the pace a bit. The error has not come back as yet.

Fuel economy seems to be the same, as i've been up and down to Birmingham with work this week at about 43/44mpg on a run being very sensible.

My car is definitely more eager, but I think my expectations were probably too high. Saying that when Alex got 270hp out of his c320 cdi, it did make me jealous.

From what I can see, I have got anywhere upto 30hp more than I had before, where as Alex on his got anywhere upto 60hp more.

Once i've re-done my 0-60, i'll let everyone know as i'll know more then. Saying that driving down a hill, Dashcommand recorded 219hp from my car, so i'll avoid going up hills !!

K.

No need to be jealous mate just trade it in for its bigger brother ;)

I know it was a long day, but I was impressed with Viezu and I have 2 friends who want their cars remap'd, but they're in Audi A5 3.0TDI Quattro and a A4 2.0TDI 140bhp, so they'll need go to their own forums ;)

I would have liked to get down to < 7.5s for 0-60, but who knows. Perhaps I need to reset the throttle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom