• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

1 POR on a Jaaag that must have been at least 20 years old in Duke St this morning.
I saw it later on today outside the Portuguese Consulate.

NEP 1 on a black Merc near Regents Park.

44 MB on a green Porsche today on M4 westbound. Lovely car was making good progress.
I heard about a year ago the owner of the plate at the time was trying to sell it to MB UK.

Seen any good ones?

Personally seen quite a few over the years; Steve Parish's Pen 15 :eek: (number plate that is!), Cliff's MOV 1T and ALF 1E :( (Not mine sadly)
I used to have S500BDL on my S500
Used to see JAG1 and 1 XJS both obviously on Jags around Fareham

Seen any good ones?

Personally seen quite a few over the years; Steve Parish's Pen 15 :eek: (number plate that is!), Cliff's MOV 1T and ALF 1E :( (Not mine sadly)
Do You know that you can't buy a plate with GOD in it?

I have a number of plates on retention - when checked on the RAC site, they show as no trace. My experience is that the RAC site IS updated fairly regularly (evidenced by checking the info on last owner change when I bought / sold a vehicle).

:rolleyes:
A great umcle of mine had AJB1 AJB2 AJB3 for him, his wife and his daughter all Mercs, he wasn't a poor man.

44 MB on a green Porsche today on M4 westbound. Lovely car was making good progress.
I heard about a year ago the owner of the plate at the time was trying to sell it to MB UK.
IMGP4473.JPG

The number has belonged to my mate Martin Brundle for many years. This is it's 2006 BMW M5.
Sounds like he's on the way to the airport and this more Sky F1 work...

Just googled it and seems like MB 44 is for sale on the internet. Maybe owner of that one tried to sell it to MB UK.
Maybe.

IWith the exception of the famous press car plates used by Porsche and Aston Martin, personalised registration numbers on company vehicles seem to be of interest only to London-based plumbers and JCB.

Maybe.

IWith the exception of the famous press car plates used by Porsche and Aston Martin, personalised registration numbers on company vehicles seem to be of interest only to London-based plumbers and JCB.
Mercedes used 212 MBC for w212 photoshoots and 213 MBC for w213. I don’t know whether they own the numbers or they are just show plates

I will try and get the photo from my phone, but last year whilst at Brooklands ( Surrey ) in the hotel car park was a elderly 'E' Class saloon with the plate F1 0PEC .....

1 JBL and 4 JBL on a couple of Bentleys outside Jack Barclay yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom