• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

FLA7S on an AM Vantage, probably working for (or owns) one of the local estate agents....

BBB1, HMS1 and S5 DDD, today in St John's Wood.

Last edited:
FA7 0RGY with a very iffy 7 looking like a T. On a Urus near Lords.

LMP 1 on a Bentley Continental cabrio driven by an old codger that should seriously think about handing his licence back. In Hendon.

Those were the days when I used a real camera because I was publishing books that included unscripted street scenes. Carried a Canon 5D with a red band lens. Like the Colt 45 that tamed the West, you could draw and shoot from the hip (umm, through the windscreen without aiming and while still watching traffic).

The 16-35 lens was so wide, and so precise that the relevant part could be captured and cropped, still retaining decent resolution.

I didn't actually notice the woman in the mirror or the small byline on the plate until I was back in my office Photoshopping the day's shoot. At the time, I just appreciated the Blonde joke, and only later appreciated the multiple layers of humour.

Shakespeare would have approved.

Those were the days when I used a real camera because I was publishing books that included unscripted street scenes. Carried a Canon 5D with a red band lens. Like the Colt 45 that tamed the West, you could draw and shoot from the hip (umm, through the windscreen without aiming and while still watching traffic).

The 16-35 lens was so wide, and so precise that the relevant part could be captured and cropped, still retaining decent resolution.

I didn't actually notice the woman in the mirror or the small byline on the plate until I was back in my office Photoshopping the day's shoot. At the time, I just appreciated the Blonde joke, and only later appreciated the multiple layers of humour.

Shakespeare would have approved.
I'm curious about where you were. Driving on the left, but with a Danish/Norwegian letter on the numberplate?

I'm curious about where you were. Driving on the left, but with a Danish/Norwegian letter on the numberplate?
New Zealand. The number zero has a slash to differentiate from the letter O. People use it when the letter is already allocated, but in this case, I suspect it was part of the joke. ...although I should ask. Are blonde jokes universal? They are big in NZ, but in part that is because we have a lot of blonds - many natural, some hairdresser and taking the piss out of oneself is part of the culture. The license plate is classic Kiwi humour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom