• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Just checked on my dash cam and it is LOOSE there was a dodgy lookin guy with it and was parked illegally with a Ferrari behind it with another dodgy bloke. Probably up to no good. I wonder would a non existant plate ping ANPR ? If the number doesn't exist it can't be on the data base.

Google does not help.....but you would think that its would trigger from a non existent plate and then inform the traffic police to stop it when seen........seems an obvious thing to do to me.....

Yeah you would think the system would pick them up. LOO5H is a genuine plate, I wonder if it has been doctored to read LOOSE

Saw MR 53RVE yesterday on a Jeep with no doors on, so getting the breeze nicely up the M6

Then a Taycan in Windermere saying Good night - BON501R

Google does not help.....but you would think that its would trigger from a non existent plate and then inform the traffic police to stop it when seen........seems an obvious thing to do to me.....
Some plates do not appear on the publicly accessible DVLA site. They are blocked. Usually these will be certain 'government' vehicles and those belonging to royal family members.

I saw a good one at weekend, alas no photo as I was on the bike. Reg: P38 HSE

Can anyone guess what vehicle it was on, and trim level? (That’s a bit of a giveaway!)

The significance of the plate was completely lost on my wife who said I was a spod.

I saw a good one at weekend, alas no photo as I was on the bike. Reg: P38 HSE

Can anyone guess what vehicle it was on, and trim level? (That’s a bit of a giveaway!)

The significance of the plate was completely lost on my wife who said I was a spod.
Austin Princess?

I bought this old plate at a car boot sale for £5...Just the plate no papers to put on my fence..I have lots of old signs on there and the plate looks good with them.
The plate is an old pressed aluminium one with white letters on a black background. The spacing is exactly as this GM 514 B..
Just wondered if anyone had a clue of its origin..Originally thought it was a 1964 from Reading, but the spacing makes me think it might be from overseas.
Just curious...Thanks Eddie

Saw M1 KCT on an Audi Q7 today spaced, with the help of an added dot/screw as MIKE T
Just checked and no not since last December.......

A few people might not like them ( especially because “ I “ is spaced out but I love my plates and I finally managed to buy one for the S63 so that it matches the V12 S class and the M3 plate :)

I bought this old plate at a car boot sale for £5...Just the plate no papers to put on my fence..I have lots of old signs on there and the plate looks good with them.
The plate is an old pressed aluminium one with white letters on a black background. The spacing is exactly as this GM 514 B..
Just wondered if anyone had a clue of its origin..Originally thought it was a 1964 from Reading, but the spacing makes me think it might be from overseas.
Just curious...Thanks Eddie
GM 514 B can't exist as a UK plate.....but GMS 14B certainly could have.....but doesn't now.

A few people might not like them ( especially because “ I “ is spaced out but I love my plates and I finally managed to buy one for the S63 so that it matches the V12 S class and the M3 plate :)

Love um! BM's not bad either. 😉🙂👍

Maybe it’s the angle to which the photo is taken but the plate on the S65 appears to be a touch off-centre.

Love um! BM's not bad either. 😉🙂👍

Thank you! :)

Maybe it’s the angle to which the photo is taken but the plate on the S65 appears to be a touch off-centre.

It's the pic as the number plate holder is oem one and is screwed into the 4 holes that are in the boot lid but I clearly didn't do a very good job taking the pic :)

I’ve adjusted the pic a bit here and it looks straight now

Last edited:
Plate still looks slightly to the left to me......(he says trying to trigger Sams OCD!!!!)
Nah, the plate is bob-on.
That rhs tailpipe though..............:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom