Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My dad has a very good mate of Pakistani origin, he has done very well indeed for himself in the rag trade. Aside from just buying himself a brand new RR Phantom, he has the plate PAK1 to go with it !! When I first saw it at my dads 83rd birthday bash i laughed so hard i thought i was going to pass out, Ranjit said it was worth the £32,000 he paid for the plate just to see me falling about gasping for breath! Ba**ard. :D you got to love someone who can take the p**s out of themselves eh?

Hmm, rather odd no plate exists as you have shown above, at least not on DVLA or other number plate checking websites :dk:

'Offensive' or plates that could be construed as offensive are not issued by the dvla.

As that is a derogatory term , I would put money on it never being issued, so someone is telling porkies.

Just like you cannot buy J1 HAD

This is my new plate and my golf nick name is GOLLUM

Attachments

• image-1546786045.jpg
    image-1546786045.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 9
'Offensive' or plates that could be construed as offensive are not issued by the dvla.

As that is a derogatory term , I would put money on it never being issued, so someone is telling porkies.

Just like you cannot buy J1 HAD

Going to Le Mans one year about five years ago, there was a guy in line at the ferry terminal with a Jag XK150, reg. no WOG 1. Apparently DVLA had asked him to surrender it, which he refused to do. The plate would originally have been issued in non pc days, and I see that it still shows on DVLA.

Hmm, rather odd no plate exists as you have shown above, at least not on DVLA or other number plate checking websites :dk:

Not sure what you're getting at? He's got it, iv'e seen it, good enough for me poirot !

Next time you see him , could you snap a picture please ?

Next time you see him , could you snap a picture please ?

Yes i can do that next time i see him although I'm based in Kent and my dad lives in Thetford Norfolk so not sure when that will be. i didn't know it would create so much interest! if anyone is interested he is based in Bury st. Edmunds so if any members are in the area they may see him flying about, he drives like a maniac most of the time so you may hear him long before you see him.
Really weird to see an RR being driven in that manner.

Not sure what you're getting at? He's got it, iv'e seen it, good enough for me poirot !

With all due respect I'm not 'getting at' anything, just commenting on the fact this plate does not appear on the usual 'reference' web checkers for car registrations and bearing in mind the racially derogatory reference that could be applied I was just somewhat curious as to how no-one else had ever mentioned/seen such a plate.

I am not questioning your integrity, just the manner in which it seemed odd not to be backed up by the usual 'validation checks'

As an aside it would appear that both PAK 1 and 1 PAK were registered as diplomatic plates some years ago and 1 PAK is still on the Pakistan Embassy car, at least according to this link http://nice-reg.co.uk/number-plates/number-plates/diplomatic-number-plates.html so perhaps your Dad's friend bought it from the Ambassador?

Last edited:
K155 WDB on E Class estate

BR05 WEL spaced to read B R05WEL on white Audi

E8C UK on a white Jag

K155 WDB on E Class estate

Funnily enough, I've just had a lift in a Land Rover reg K155 something or other, EML, I think. We pulled up behind a Golf, registered 573VES.

Years and years ago in my youth. 12NV on a Ferrari iirc. Long time ago.

With all due respect I'm not 'getting at' anything, just commenting on the fact this plate does not appear on the usual 'reference' web checkers for car registrations and bearing in mind the racially derogatory reference that could be applied I was just somewhat curious as to how no-one else had ever mentioned/seen such a plate.

I am not questioning your integrity, just the manner in which it seemed odd not to be backed up by the usual 'validation checks'

As an aside it would appear that both PAK 1 and 1 PAK were registered as diplomatic plates some years ago and 1 PAK is still on the Pakistan Embassy car, at least according to this link Diplomatic Number Plates. Diplomatic Car Registrations in UK. Diplomatic Regs. so perhaps your Dad's friend bought it from the Ambassador?

I have no idea where, when, how, or why he acquired the plate but as it has generated so much interest and curiosity i will ask the relevant questions next time i see him and indeed take a snap of said plate and post it here.

1 DEA - Range Rover Evoque in the car park at the end of our road this afternoon.

johnsco said:
E430 AMG on a you-know-what. Seen on Sunday on M5 near Exeter
That used to belong to a member on here many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom