Argos Integration Bluetooth D2b Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vibesg

Car
CLS 320 Cdi; Volvo XC90 D5; VW Polo tdi
After months of research into this kit I finally toook the plunge.

My 2003 CLK came with lots of extas but no telephone prewire. It did have a Sony Ericsson hands free kit which muted the speakers but I always hated looking at the Comand screen without being able to use the telephone function or steering wheel buttons. It just said "No Phone"...sound familiar?

I considered installing telephone pre-wire but apart from the cost I also would have a 700 mile return trip to get to Alfie in Surrey. After looking at other D2b options I investigated the AIK (Argos Integration Kit). I was baffled as to how it could offer full functionality without having prewire installed. I eventually settled on Braybrooks to do the fitting for me.
They have an operative in Lancashire just 60 mins away from me and he was able to fit for me at home.

After asking a lot of searching Qs I had it fitted in early January. It was very well fitted and the installation was neat. He also removed the existing hands free kit and I can use the proper colour coded Mercedes leather stand for my ipod. Just need to find a cradle.

So what do I now have:-

An AIK fitted behind my Comand screen (most US installs have it in the boot) and it gives me bluetooth connectivity on my phone. I can dial from my phone or from my phone keypad. It connects to my phone as soon I turn the key in the ignition.
Forum member Zerocool coded my car with a STAR diag system and I can now use my steering wheel buttons to answer & end calls and increase/ reduce the volume on the telephone.
Incoming and outgoing calls are displayed on the Comand screen and the instrument cluster as are signal strength and previous calls.
Am I pleased? It is very user friendly and allows use of most of the mercedes telephone functions.

Any downsides? It won't download the phonebook from my Nokia 6600 (old phone and 5 years old) but it does download from my Ericsson T630, an equally old phone.
I wish to upgrade my phone but it appears the AIK doesn't like smart phones so anything with a touch screen is a no no. It won't pair up with my MDA Vario II. Its not keen on new Nokias either though I'm told it is partial to Sony Ericsson phones. I might try the C905 unless anyone tells me different.

My experience so far after 2 months has been largely positive. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has had this fitted or any experience of using it.

Gave up waiting for it to be available, so had a Bury 9060 fitted, extremely pleased so far.

Bury 9060 is good but I wanted to use all Comand features, screen and steering wheel buttons.

I've just retrofitted a Comand 2.0 to my 2003 W209 and would like to know whether the Argos kit will work with the Coamnd unit & with my SE P1I phone. I've got no phone kit pre wired installed so may have to start from scratch. Hope that u can help...

many thanks:D

I see

I see no reason why the kit shouldn't work with your Comand. I'm not familiar with your phone and can't give an opinion as to compatibility. It appears that its not compatible with smartphones or anything with a touch screen. This limits the range of compatible phones.

Just received the Argos BT thru the mail last week & stumbled on a problem straight away. Cannot find the orange fibre cables connections where it supposed to be. My car is a CLK W209 yr2003 Japanese spec. I've read that u installed the Argos behind the COMAND and not at the boot. Do you still remember the connections? Any avail pics? So definitely I need to open up my COMAND and look at the back.

Many thanks

In a w203 which is similiar, the fibre optic cables are in the big square block of cables that fit into the rear of your comand.

So how much is one of these kits and where did you buy them? :)

-simon

there u go so I need to open up the back COMAND... will try it 2moro. Just wondering whether there'll be the 25 pin connector at the back of COMAND that's supposed to be connected to the Argos unit. Anyway, bought it from their website www.incartronics.com but the delivery period is quite long.

I had my kit supplied and fitted by Braybrooks so I'm afraid I cannot help with wiring and cabling. I've had the kit for about 7 months now and should be able to answer any queries about functions and useability.
My earlier posting indicated that it would not pair up with my MDA Vario II. It avtually does and it also downloads the phonebook.
I have also found that it is partial to Sony Ericsson phones and is compatible with the newer C905 and probably the C902. Not sure about the X1 XPeria.
It will pair up with virtually any Bluetooth enabled phone but will not down load the phone book with most smartphones including Nokia 5800 and probably the N series Nokias.
I have just acquired a Nokia 6700 and it works well inclding phonebook features.

Have you now fitted your kit? How did you get on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom