Auto watch Ghost installed (Midlands)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is there anyway we can buy just the unit itself?
I am a previous auto electrician and now design car wiring systems for a living so fitting it would be simple for me

Is there anyway we can buy just the unit itself?
I am a previous auto electrician and now design car wiring systems for a living so fitting it would be simple for me

Nope, sorry.

Autowatch policy is not to allow parts sale. Anyone doing so breaches their agreement with Autowatch.

Each unit has to be uploaded with the correct HEX file for the car its being installed on. To do this requires a dealer login account with Autowatch.

Damn, Had stuff like this fitted before and had to re-do it all as it was fitted bad compared to my standards lol

£399 is the RRP fitted.

We offer a discount for forum members. :thumb:

Indeed, and we touched base on that on the other side but sadly it would cost me a lot more than the £49 saving in super unleaded to get to you to have it fitted by you - shame

There's a company called Veil Tuning - chap's called Chris - who fits them for all the RS owner club members who travels around in the South.
£320 fitted with the discount:
https://mk3focusrs.club/upgrades/autowatch-ghost-canbus-immobiliser/

Had mine done on the RS and very impressed with it.

Ive heard of this chap, he is doing something like 40 - 50 per month on Focus RS's. I think the price he is offering is a forum discount for the RS owners.

Just come back from Comand and the Ghost is not compatible to my W216 AMG CL, we know not why :confused: Mark is going to enquire :thumb:

A friend of mine bought a new Land cruiser about 3 months ago with keyless go, had the car 3 weeks and someone had hijacked the keyless go (stood at his front door with some device to boost the keys range) , got the car open and but couldn't get it started. he how has to place his keys in a lined metal box with tin foil and put it in the microwave. He spoke to Toyota about it and they wasn't bothered (nice when you just gave them close to 65K)

Tell your mate he needs to stop living in the dark ages and buy a Faraday wallet for his keys - I had one for my Focus RS as that also had keyless entry :). You can get chinese copies on ebay (still work) for about £3 or £4 each and they'll shield your keys so nobody can pick up their signal and boost it / read the signal.
To see it working just stick your phone in there and you'll note the lack of reception.

I have a blocking wallet, looks just like any other boggo brown leather wallet, but blocks all signals.

Tell your mate he needs to stop living in the dark ages and buy a Faraday wallet for his keys - I had one for my Focus RS as that also had keyless entry :). You can get chinese copies on ebay (still work) for about £3 or £4 each and they'll shield your keys so nobody can pick up their signal and boost it / read the signal.
To see it working just stick your phone in there and you'll note the lack of reception.
LOL, Pauls Toyota mate probably wraps his underpants around his head,sticks pencils up his nose and says 'Wibble' a lot too ! :)

Will fitting a Ghost impact the Mercedes warranty?

I can't imaging that it would.
I've had warranty work done since having one fitted, although it was not related to anything electrical. If a wiring fault occurred due to poor fitting then maybe MB might have a case?

The only problem arose when some oik at the dealership must have tried to start the car without entering the code. I got a call telling me that I needed a new starter motor :crazy: which I clearly didn't :doh:

I can't imaging that it would.
I've had warranty work done since having one fitted, although it was not related to anything electrical. If a wiring fault occurred due to poor fitting then maybe MB might have a case?

The only problem arose when some oik at the dealership must have tried to start the car without entering the code. I got a call telling me that I needed a new starter motor :crazy: which I clearly didn't :doh:

When going in for garage work can you limit the revs or put a speed lock on to say 60mph etc

When going in for garage work can you limit the revs or put a speed lock on to say 60mph etc

Yes, there's a "valet" mode that you can set when you drop the car off.
It will then start and drive as normal, but if driven in excess of ~30mph for more than ~3 mins it will re-arm. It doesn't stop the car dead (I guess that would be dangerous) but once the engine is turned off it won't re-start without the code.

Plus, you can easily change the code if you ever need to let a garage know it.
It really is a very good bit of kit :thumb:

Last edited:
Yes, there's a "valet" mode that you can set when you drop the car off.
It will then start and drive as normal, but if driven in excess of ~30mph for more than ~3 mins it will re-arm. It doesn't stop the car dead (I guess that would be dangerous) but once the engine is turned off it won't re-start without the code.

Plus, you can easily change the code if you ever need to let a garage know it.
It really is a very good bit of kit :thumb:

It sounds a good piece of kit to me, When I bought the c63 new all insurance companies want a tracker which I got fitted but if someone stole the car I dont want it back as you dont know how its been treated. The Autowatch will stop them from even taking it with the keys so makes sense for me as I dont want them to get away with the car

Thanks AMGeed, did ask another question and would rather they took the car than break in to the house for immobiliser code..

Got mine fitted yesterday in Falkirk. They do great job, fitted my dashcams before in two different cars too. It is worth my piece of mind when travelling to continent :).
Do you know if that would have any influance to insurance? I'm going to give a call to see what insurance say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom