Bad Form

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know exactly where you're coming from Derek, unfortunately it's the way of the world.

You'd have expected better from a forum like that though, it seems a lot closer knit than many other forums.

Reminds me of the old saying about only taking one rotten apple to spoil the whole barrel .

Yes , 99.999% of the members of most forums are decent sorts .

I've just read the thread, and in my opinion its a bit of a snooze-fest.
Lots of keyboard-warriors telling the "offending party" to man-up etc etc.
The fact is someone offered something for free, and had no real way of checking it would go to the good home he wanted it to. Yes, its sad, but its indicative of peoples morals these days. I think all the abusive posts on the original thread are just way, way off-base.

:eek:Well thats ok then. None intended. Bollocking from Mr Walker bigger still.

Apologies to this forum:eek::confused:
No B0llocking John, Just an increase in my car sale fee (just sold his 300ce Coupe for him)

As an extra note the free car I was given is just too good to sell on. My daily drive and hopefully will remain so for many years.

What two packets of hobnobs.

Without a link to the original thread this one isrendered a bit pointless.

I can't understand how anyone could comment on half (if that) a commentry.

Why not post a link to the original?

Without a link to the original thread this one isrendered a bit pointless.

I can't understand how anyone could comment on half (if that) a commentry.

Why not post a link to the original?

I think that it was to make a general point rather than to make a direct comment - which I certainly think was the correct way to do it. I don't particularly want to read the original postings anyway.

That's the problem with gifting things, once given you have no say over what happens to it. Shame really but there's plenty of of persons on in the world with little sense of morality and integrity, the internet is no different, even forums.

"Friendship sites" and "social networking" are no substitute for real friendship and relationship, and greed is an amazing motivator.

From my experience, this is one of the best, most "decent" forums I've been on. I've yet to see the usual "flaming" that goes on elsewhere. I occasionally use the Autocar forum, but that often descends into bitter fights over nothing but hurt egos! As timskemp says, these places are no substitute for "real" friendships, although this forum does seem to lead that way sometimes. :)

I had a broadly comparable experience some years ago.

After my Father died I found myself with another two cars. One was a half restored classic Jaguar that I sold on to a chap for a fair price who has since turned into a magnificent example. He sends me a Christmas Card each year.

The other had been a daily use car but had sat in a garage for two years. Needed new tyres, battery and an MoT but otherwise sound apart from the usual wear and tear associated with a five year old mass market vehicle with 96k on the clock. Needed to get rid of it and gave it to somebody I knew who claimed it would be great for his wife.

Three weeks later I spot it being used as a minicab. Not at all happy but what can you do other than reflect on the human condition? Well the answer is quite a lot if the same person comes back to you a couple of years later asking for a very big favour.

Something similar happened to us when we sold our last house 3 years ago. The couple buying said it was a wedding present for their son and daughter-in-law. It was to be their first home. Getting caught up in the moment somewhat we left all of our old kitchen appliances (nice ones, Leibherr, Miele, bosch etc...) as a gesture of goodwill to 'help them on their way'. Imagine how we felt when we found out that 2 weeks after purchase it was being rented out to a third party. Ho hum, I guess some people don't have it in their nature to be decent :dk:

A thread like that simply wouldn't last on this forum...it would have been deleted in full once all the nastiness started....

I don't see it as a big issue to be honest...it's been given away, what the recipient does with it is his own business.

If it came with a binding contract.....different story but it didn't.

A thread like that simply wouldn't last on this forum...it would have been deleted in full once all the nastiness started....

I don't see it as a big issue to be honest...it's been given away, what the recipient does with it is his own business.

If it came with a binding contract.....different story but it didn't.

Agreed. the fact he gloated about it is a bit off though:mad:

A storm in a strange teacup.....He can do what he likes with it as its his now......He could have thrown it in a damp garage for ten years as it was with no MOT etc and everyone would have been none the wiser yet he gets in MOTd and roadworthy again and gets ripped for it!! The bloke selling it probably didnt give a monkeys either, he probably just didnt want to pay the fee to a scrappy to take it away!!

You'd have expected better from a forum like that though, it seems a lot closer knit than many other forums.[/QUOTE]

I am astonished that someone did that on the MB owners club forum. I thought that they were all one happy family; close knit is a bit of an understatement.

I am astonished that someone did that on the MB owners club forum. I thought that they were all one happy family; close knit is a bit of an understatement.

It's not on the MB owners club forum.

Reserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom