Bluetooth Receiver A2DP option for those with an Aux input

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alanuk400

Car
2018 W222 Mercedes S-Class LWB & 2006 R171 SLK 55AMG
I came across this as an inexpensive way to stream music from your phone, ipad etc by bluetooth
iStream Universal Bluetooth Audio Receiver | Aluratek
it is a stand alone power unit recharged with 5v cigar charger (or plugged into the power permanently) and plugged into the Aux socket

Seems you just pair the phone to it and that's it
Bluetooth Receiver A2DP option for those that use Ipad for rear seat entertainment! - MBWorld.org Forums

Alan

If you have the ipod kit or media interface the Viseeo Tune2air is an alternative.

Seems very similar to this:

7dayshop Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Receiver: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I bought it the other day and installed to my w209 via aux port. I can recommend these as a cheap way to wirelessly stream music from iPhone/iPods etc

However, a few things to note:

Although its auto paired with you device when your in range you have to manually turn the device on. Turning off is auto once it doesn't get a signal for a few mins. Also I thought about wiring it up directly to cars power with ignition. However, still have the issue of having to turn it on when you turn car on, only plus would be that it would charge as u drive.

Seems very similar to this:

7dayshop Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Receiver: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I bought it the other day and installed to my w209 via aux port. I can recommend these as a cheap way to wirelessly stream music from iPhone/iPods etc

However, a few things to note:

Although its auto paired with you device when your in range you have to manually turn the device on. Turning off is auto once it doesn't get a signal for a few mins. Also I thought about wiring it up directly to cars power with ignition. However, still have the issue of having to turn it on when you turn car on, only plus would be that it would charge as u drive.

I guess it *is* the same unit. :)

I have both, the BTR006 receiver and a BTT005 transmitter.

They work well but, as well as having to switch on manually, bear in mind that they will only connect to a limited number of basic PIN codes, IIRC 0000 & 1234.

If your device is one that chooses a random PIN then they won't pair.

Not a problem with devices that allow manual setting of PIN of course.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom