Buyer beware SH58 HCZ clocked C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
lev1978 said:
Yes I have popped up on PH trying to save someone the heartache and hassle of possibly been 24k out of pocket. But if the idiot moronic people want to pull the thread to bits and slate me let them its obviously brought some entertainment to there life's. I'm far from upset why would I be I resolved this with dealer after a fight and digging my heels in got a refund and now more than happy with the Overfinch we bought. I'll explain a little about the report from JCT the service history appeared to be suspect when JCT looked at it they suggested doing a diagnostics check on the car due to the many faults 1 of the carried out was a total distance check the car had 1 service entry in the cars central gateway which was recorded 6.9 years ago and showed a mileage of 92'000 miles weather or not this is correct or incorrect we could only act the information jct gave us in the report which said the car has a recorded service mileage 92'000 and that of the time of the check on the 18/01/16 the car had done 80,576. I'm going to upload the report from Mercedes then let the PH mob make there own conclusions and argue it out amongst each other if someone over there wants to part with there hard earned cash then they are more than welcome to go buy what we are lead to believe from a Mercedes main agent is a clocked lemon of a car.
Many thanks for the heads up OP, whether it was clocked 1000 or 100000 miles doesn't matter, it's a dodgy car, if for no other reason that it's disputed mileage history. Pleased you got out of the deal relatively unscathed.

I think 8 owners should discourage anyone to buy it in a first place. It would be good to post the paperwork as well.

I think 8 owners should discourage anyone to buy it in a first place. It would be good to post the paperwork as well.

How so? I've seen some cracking cars with seven / eight owners. I think it's like having seven people treat the car like it's brand new.

I would never buy a car that had 8 owners in 7 years from registration. If I was looking for C63 of that age, 2-3 previous owners would be max for me.

OP, care to post the paperwork here?

This was my next immediate thought.

OP, can you post up the paperwork so we can see it?

No mention of the stolen/recovered or the police marker (drugs, thieves - who knows??)

20k. It's a joke!!
With color change from grey to white and slight discrepancy of 30k miles it's write-off value only. Could be a nice donor car.
Sellers feedback rating will go below current 50% with sale of this "beautiful example".

A very strange one this - why the change of colour? Probably this would have been enough on its own to prevent me buying, but combined with its other problems I find it hard to understand why anyone would want it. Unless of course it goes ultra cheap.

I wish it was worth £20k as it would make mine worth £40K :)

cars are very easy to clock back.

I know a guy who does rentals on top end performance cars.

Gets them brand new, rents them out, and before it goes for a service clocks the car back.

Keeps the cars in mint condition.

trouble is you will never know its been clocked.

HPI is just one other check and is largely worthless if the theft/accident/finance is not recorded (I speak from personal very expensive experience) and yes, I did my homework.

Yep not worth the paper it's printed on, its possible to put an accident damaged car back on the road and it never get picked up on an HPI check

Gets them brand new, rents them out, and before it goes for a service clocks the car back.

You will if you know where to look the mileage is recorded in several locations on the car not just the mileometer.;)

Surely this is the point of this thread. The mileage "IS" recorded and can be located. You just to have to know where to look, or who to ask. Relying on the odometer is as good as sticking a finger in the wind.

On-Line checks are largely worthless for mileage discrepancies. By default they rely on somebody being honest at source. Same with HPI - useless, with the exception of finance.

Surely this is the point of this thread. The mileage "IS" recorded and can be located. You just to have to know where to look, or who to ask. Relying on the odometer is as good as sticking a finger in the wind.

On-Line checks are largely worthless for mileage discrepancies. By default they rely on somebody being honest at source. Same with HPI - useless, with the exception of finance.

People always say "have to know where to look" but does anyone actually know? would be useful information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom