C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have owned my car for nearly 3 years and with charging every evening have managed 60 mpg. I am thinking of selling but strangely second hand values have been increasing as the car is exempt from road tax and with no new orders being taken demand is very high. So I am thinking of holding what have other owners experienced?

That's good to know actually, and in some ways seems obvious I suppose, what with supply being so restricted, but is there a risk it might tank once the new model with bigger batteries hit the market? Dunno, tough call isn't it, so many factors.

If you did sell, what would you replace it with?

I have owned my car for nearly 3 years and with charging every evening have managed 60 mpg. I am thinking of selling but strangely second hand values have been increasing as the car is exempt from road tax and with no new orders being taken demand is very high. So I am thinking of holding what have other owners experienced?

Waiting times are insane.. I have been waiting since February to order a C350E and was told that orders will only be taken in Q3 and then the waiting times will be most likely 10 - 12 months.. I was extremely lucky and got a cancellation slot with my delivery date now being July 30th.. I got so desperate to order a hybrid at one point that I looked at just about every manufacturer with comparable cars to the C350E. Every manufacturer I looked at was not accepting new orders!! This might have changed now, but was the case about a month ago. Just for clarity, this was though LeasPlan.

Now that I've had time to restructure my schedule around charging facilities so I can use the car how it was designed, I got 94mpg on the weekend, driving 40 miles in and around London.

That's good to know actually, and in some ways seems obvious I suppose, what with supply being so restricted, but is there a risk it might tank once the new model with bigger batteries hit the market? Dunno, tough call isn't it, so many factors.

If you did sell, what would you replace it with?

I doubt the used values of the c350e will tank once the facelift models come out. I read the used values of EVs and some PHEVs are actually rising over time, due to the surge in demand for greener vehicles of any kind.

Now that I've had time to restructure my schedule around charging facilities so I can use the car how it was designed, I got 94mpg on the weekend, driving 40 miles in and around London.

I had a bit of a pleasant surprise last week - 59mpg on a 100-mile journey. It’s by far the best I’ve ever had.

Three miles in E-MODE to get me out of town. 90 miles, almost all in E-SAVE, on the motorway. A little hybrid mode when the traffic was heavy and slow. 5 miles in E-MODE at the end in slow, heavy traffic.

I did 45mpg on the return journey without any charge in the battery to start, but I’m not sure the whole difference can be explained by the battery charge level.

I had a bit of a pleasant surprise last week - 59mpg on a 100-mile journey. It’s by far the best I’ve ever had.

Three miles in E-MODE to get me out of town. 90 miles, almost all in E-SAVE, on the motorway. A little hybrid mode when the traffic was heavy and slow. 5 miles in E-MODE at the end in slow, heavy traffic.

I did 45mpg on the return journey without any charge in the battery to start, but I’m not sure the whole difference can be explained by the battery charge level.

That's great to hear. I have been experimenting with switching between modes (like on your journey) and have found that it can help to use less fuel. Incidentally, my 2016 Prius is being picked up today, the C350e replaced it, and I did a 35 mile round trip between 40-60mph and got almost 70mpg, and I wasn't hanging around either. I would like Mercedes and Toyota to have a baby, and combine the luxury/refinement of the C class with the efficiency of the Prius.

Mine is in next week to have the charge flap repaired.

Work insisted on two quotes. One dealer, £350 Inc Vat, and another dealer is £220 Inc Vat.

As the Americans say, go figure.....
Can you please name where the lowest quote is from.

That's great to hear. I have been experimenting with switching between modes (like on your journey) and have found that it can help to use less fuel. Incidentally, my 2016 Prius is being picked up today, the C350e replaced it, and I did a 35 mile round trip between 40-60mph and got almost 70mpg, and I wasn't hanging around either. I would like Mercedes and Toyota to have a baby, and combine the luxury/refinement of the C class with the efficiency of the Prius.

The Prius is amazingly efficient - better than both the 2 litre diesels I’ve had. I once did a 20 mile cross-country run at 88mpg and 60+ was common on less leisurely trips. I agree it wasn’t the greatest place to be and Mrs Dodgy hated it - nowhere near sporty enough for her.

Please can someone who has read the manual remind me what the haptic pedal is trying to tell me in Economy mode? Thanks! :oops:

I actually enjoy leaving the car in E now and love the haptic pedal feedback.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I need to pay attention. The only bit I’ve noticed is that if the car is in E-MODE, the pedal has a point when the engine will kick in and you have to give the pedal quite a push to get through that point.

Is there more?

I need to pay attention. The only bit I’ve noticed is that if the car is in E-MODE, the pedal has a point when the engine will kick in and you have to give the pedal quite a push to get through that point.

Is there more?
It double taps when in E mode and you get to close to the car in front. The idea being that you let go of the throttle and the car slows you and coasts. I must admit that I don't really notice the resistance prior the ICE kicking in.

For general driving I've always used the Individual setting on the car. Coming from Beema's previously that means, sports steering and suspension with surprisingly the economy setting for the engine.
This affords use of the haptic peddle and you get a decent level of braking from the battery charging as you come up behind slower moving vehicles, often removing the need to use the brakes. You have to be wary though as with this method of slowing down the brake lights aren't activated and this could be of particular concern if you are being tailgated on the motorway, it could catch the driver behind out, idiots they may be. You only get this regen and hence braking with the engine in economy mode.
Also, if you use the sat nav, you get a nice green halo glow on the driver information screen when set to battery info and the car decides when to use the battery on the journey, effectively it saves charge for more urban roads but in practise is less efficient than managing the battery yourself as it can use the ICE to charge on occasion. Still fun to experiment with occasionally. For example: If I'm going on a 300 mile round trip I might set home as the final destination with where I'm going to as an intermediate destination. It means the battery isn't used up in the first 12/ 14 miles!

My B1 service has laid an Easter egg! I have an updated Garmin satnav with elevation and compass displayed on the main screen. I need to check it out in more detail, but the map has also been updated since the original. Amazingly, I still have my home and recent destinations stored.

The steering column recall was described as “a potential wiring fault”.

Very glad it’s a lease car. If they hadn’t washed it and updated Garmin, there would only have been half an hour of work to do, but the charge would have been well over £400...

Went to Sainsbury's to use the free Pod Point. Got chatting to the driver of the BMW 330e in the next charging bay. He told me he's getting 24 miles out of his battery. He laughed at my 13 miles.

Went to Sainsbury's to use the free Pod Point. Got chatting to the driver of the BMW 330e in the next charging bay. He told me he's getting 24 miles out of his battery. He laughed at my 13 miles.
The Beamer can do what it wants afaic, they don't do plug in hybrid tourers. If they had of done then I may well have been driving one instead of my Merc. I chuffed with my Merc and, with the electric motor provided, I don't think a bigger battery would have made much difference to the economy. The new 350d may be a different matter as that electric motor is probably strong enough for dual carriage way/ motor way driving. I find the one in mine slightly under powered sometimes.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the electric motor gauge scales differently for different modes and battery states? In Electric mode, you get a lot more power before the ICE kicks in than when in Hybrid mode. When the battery is full in hybrid mode, you get more power but not as much as in Electric mode. You notice the most difference when the battery is low. In electric mode, it still gives you all the beans but in Hybrid, even light touches on the throttle cause the ICE to kick in. I'm consistently getting 13 miles on a charge

The Beamer can do what it wants afaic, they don't do plug in hybrid tourers. If they had of done then I may well have been driving one instead of my Merc. I chuffed with my Merc and, with the electric motor provided, I don't think a bigger battery would have made much difference to the economy. The new 350d may be a different matter as that electric motor is probably strong enough for dual carriage way/ motor way driving. I find the one in mine slightly under powered sometimes.

The BMW only has a 40% bigger battery than the Merc, so it’s annoying that the range is so much better. I wouldn’t have thought it was a much lighter car. Having said that, a couple of people in this forum were getting 18 miles out of the Merc which I wouldn’t get downhill, downwind, in my dreams. I wonder f something was different in the early models?

I guess the boot space in the BMW would have the same issues as in the Merc saloon. It wouldn’t be enough for me either.

I’m going to have to check out the 350d. Not come across it yet.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the electric motor gauge scales differently for different modes and battery states? In Electric mode, you get a lot more power before the ICE kicks in than when in Hybrid mode. When the battery is full in hybrid mode, you get more power but not as much as in Electric mode. You notice the most difference when the battery is low. In electric mode, it still gives you all the beans but in Hybrid, even light touches on the throttle cause the ICE to kick in. I'm consistently getting 13 miles on a charge

I can just about squeeze 13 miles out of mine in this weather.

The Hybrid behaviour is the same in mine and E-SAVE (that I’ve started to use more than Hybrid on long journeys) is even more sensitive. The engine will still switch off, but not as often and it won’t stay off in many circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom