C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are we talking cross purposes?
In the text of mine you've quoted I was talking about 'automatic' braking - not regenerative braking.
In Eco, if I'm following a vehicle which slows and I don't brake, the car brakes gently for me (unless I override it by pressing on the pedal), but yes, this is normally regenerative braking too. I don't get the gentle 'automatic' braking in other modes that I'm aware of. Hopefully I do get the emergency braking in all modes though! (I still say that's too sensitive - car in front filters left to turn left and as I get close to passing it the bloomin thing starts whining at me even though I'm not going to hit it unless it swerves back in front of me.)

By contrast, as far as I'm aware I get regenerative braking (i.e. the charge light comes on) in all modes all the time when I brake - I'd need to check. I don't think I've ever been at 100% and braked though! Maybe while reversing out of the drive, but I'm obviously not watching the charge light at that point.

I did misunderstand. I’ll have to check for that in comfort. I’m usually in i-mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my 350e est back in March through Arval with Apple car play as an extra. As it’s only a small change I was able to do this in the final few weeks before delivery (about 6 I think). The cost (per month) was relatively small so pleased I did it.
Once delivered I then contacted arval (and my own company) and after a couple of emails was able to arrange an Mercedes Me app too. So shouldn’t be an issue for you either.

@Rich Dobie (or others). When paying extra for the Smartphone Integration kit to get Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, do you have to specify whether you want Apple Car Play OR Android Auto, or is it set up for both? Don't want to necessarily be restricted to the one type of phone for the next 4 years!

@Rich Dobie (or others). When paying extra for the Smartphone Integration kit to get Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, do you have to specify whether you want Apple Car Play OR Android Auto, or is it set up for both? Don't want to necessarily be restricted to the one type of phone for the next 4 years!
I specifically asked for Apple car play so never asked further in my application. And I’m not sure how I’d check! Probably a quick call to MB dealer should be able to confirm.

@Rich Dobie Thanks. I tried today through Arval, and unfortunately my spec has been 'locked down'. Its weird that cant be added afterwards but on a plus note, hopefully that means my car isn't far off!

@Rich Dobie Thanks. I tried today through Arval, and unfortunately my spec has been 'locked down'. Its weird that cant be added afterwards but on a plus note, hopefully that means my car isn't far off!
Yes, it must be close because my 350e was through arval and was delivered in mid-March and I only added Apple car play in jan/Feb time so suggest it’s only weeks away from arriving. They (arval) generally delivery about 2 weeks earlier than planned (probably to help customer satisfaction rates).

@Rich Dobie Thanks! Was just reading an email, sent originally from the dealer Arval are buying it through. It said due for delivery to the UK late July for delivery late August (?). Either way hopefully not far off :)

The HVB/Hybrid 'everything' warranty sage continues....

Following from my last post on this, I'm really not sure if they can help, but I've completed the Motoring Ombudsman paperwork and sent off a weighty bunch of correspondence for them to peruse.

Given this is effectively a 'test case' I strongly suspect it is outside their remit, but I'll let them decide that.

More when I hear more.

Meanwhile.....the car continues to work flawlessly, thankfully :)

Just had the recall for the airbag done one mine. They said an hour but was closer to two. Not sure why they had all the boot out as well, is there something else they do as well as the airbag mod? They managed to lose the stop start button while doing the mod, something about having to plug something in the key slot was the reason they have for taking it out.

Waited for it and in the reception area of the dealer and sat listening to lots of grumpy people complaining about lousy service and quality problems on their Mercedes cars. Must say though this was not my usual dealer, would never buy a car from this crew. The one I normally use goes the extra mile and covers for the crappy attitude MBUK has towards warranty and customer service.

Here’s an mpg post:- I’ve just got back from spending 4 days in Sheffield. 175 miles there, parked in an NCP car park for 4 days and then 175 miles back. Mixture of town driving at each end, country roads, motorway/dual carriageway and single carriageway A roads. It had 6 miles electric when I started (I forgot to put it on charge!) and no charging until I got back. I was expecting about 35mpg from the various reports on the forum. It turned in 46.3mpg! Pleasantly surprised. Loaded with three adults and a boot full of luggage as well. Air con worked overtime on the way back.

Here’s an mpg post:- I’ve just got back from spending 4 days in Sheffield. 175 miles there, parked in an NCP car park for 4 days and then 175 miles back. Mixture of town driving at each end, country roads, motorway/dual carriageway and single carriageway A roads. It had 6 miles electric when I started (I forgot to put it on charge!) and no charging until I got back. I was expecting about 35mpg from the various reports on the forum. It turned in 46.3mpg! Pleasantly surprised. Loaded with three adults and a boot full of luggage as well. Air con worked overtime on the way back.
Nice one. I'd have expected low to mid 40s for that, but then I've not done a 175 mile motorway journey, so maybe the longer drive starts pushing the figures up. Did you notice how the figures changed throughout the journey?

Has anyone else had problems with the plug in charge unit (the one with the 3pin plug on it)? Mine started to become intermittent so went back to MB for a warranty replacement only to be told MB are not providing these at the moment....

at the moment
?
So they will in future and aren't now because...?
One wonders if they aren't supplying them because there is a fault with them which needs to be fixed first. Either that or there are lots of people with faults so there is no supply?
Or I guess it could be quite innocent... (not sure how though).

Has anyone else had problems with the plug in charge unit (the one with the 3pin plug on it)? Mine started to become intermittent so went back to MB for a warranty replacement only to be told MB are not providing these at the moment....

Somewhere buried in the depths of this thread is the history of my cable failure. They gave me the same BS they’ve given you, so I asked my employer to speak to the lease company. The lease company spoke to Mercedes and I was given a replacement as a “gesture of goodwill”.

the mystery of the charging lead is now solved, helped in part by a call to Mercedes customer service UK. It seems the old charging unit with the yellow coiled lead has been replaced by a new one. Its made by Delphi and is rebadged with the Mercedes logo. The cables are longer and no longer curly. The unit does seem to be more robust and no longer has the ability to change charging levels.

the mystery of the charging lead is now solved, helped in part by a call to Mercedes customer service UK. It seems the old charging unit with the yellow coiled lead has been replaced by a new one. Its made by Delphi and is rebadged with the Mercedes logo. The cables are longer and no longer curly. The unit does seem to be more robust and no longer has the ability to change charging levels.

I’ve heard a few people say that charging for a couple of hours at 13A stresses the domestic plug and socket, so it might be worth using the reduced charge rate settings in the car unless you’re in a hurry.

The new charger is limited to 10A so should be less stress. I dont see that it will be an issue for a properly installed socket with the correct wiring. I suppose it could expose any existing weakness in your installation?

In the boot of my car I have a commando to 13A socket adapter on a 1m heavy duty cable. Its so I can run power tools in a boatyard, not for my car, though I suppose I could. the technician was very concerned that I shouldn't be using this for the car. Any idea why not?

Picked up my 350e estate and am very impressed so far. On my local 20 mile round trip commute I’m achieving approximately 75 mpg which is pretty good for rush hour traffic in a city centre.

Motorway wise on a trip from Brum to Liverpool the journey was 45mpg which again is okay, not brilliant but not too bad either.

For the local stuff the car is brilliant and I really quite happy with it so far. I’m charging using the three pin adapter at the moment it’s a long thick black cable and isn’t the curly cable people have described before.

Was going to pay for a charging point originally but finding the car is fully charged within 2 to 2.5 hours so won’t bother in all honesty.

The new charger is limited to 10A so should be less stress. I dont see that it will be an issue for a properly installed socket with the correct wiring. I suppose it could expose any existing weakness in your installation?

In the boot of my car I have a commando to 13A socket adapter on a 1m heavy duty cable. Its so I can run power tools in a boatyard, not for my car, though I suppose I could. the technician was very concerned that I shouldn't be using this for the car. Any idea why not?

If the the cable is good quality and properly wired, there shouldn’t be a problem...

Picked up my 350e estate and am very impressed so far. On my local 20 mile round trip commute I’m achieving approximately 75 mpg which is pretty good for rush hour traffic in a city centre.

Motorway wise on a trip from Brum to Liverpool the journey was 45mpg which again is okay, not brilliant but not too bad either.

For the local stuff the car is brilliant and I really quite happy with it so far. I’m charging using the three pin adapter at the moment it’s a long thick black cable and isn’t the curly cable people have described before.

Was going to pay for a charging point originally but finding the car is fully charged within 2 to 2.5 hours so won’t bother in all honesty.

I fitted a charging point when my three pin cable broke. It was cheaper and I guessed right that it would be quicker than getting MB to replace the three pin cable. It’s much more convenient and the speed from 16A is occasionally useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom