C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If the the cable is good quality and properly wired, there shouldn’t be a problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the new style charge pack for a while now, I was stuck in the interim when they weren't available and didn't have a home charger for about 6 weeks.

I really like the new pack, it's lighter, feels better quality, the cable is better, charges quicker without stressing the electrics....all win for me. The only time it will be a little less good is in the winter where you do pre-climate and it activates everything, you always lose charge but with the old pack I had it on 13A for 45 mins which meant things didn't get too hot (especially as the air temp was around freezing anyway). The 2018-2019 winter will be my last with the c350e.....

We've not had a mpg post for a while.

How are folks getting on?

I've had my c350e for 3 weeks now and I've averaged 47.1mpg over 1,741 miles (including 2 runs from Yorkshire to London and Bedford and back). I'm pretty happy with that.

Since getting my new batteries things are great, my current run I haven't filled up for over 850 miles, averaging 97mpg, lots of charging of course but a couple of 40 mile runs in there and a 160 mile round trip with zero charging during (fully charged to start).

Just got a new boot floor after they misaligned it when replacing the batteries and had the airbag recall done.

My first properly weird behaviour the car approaching its second anniversary:
1. Rev counter dropped to zero, even though the engine was on
2. E-MODE unavailable for a couple of minutes
3. The following message displayed, which made absolutely no sense at all

All fixed by pulling over and rebooting.
4c05f476631184b531d5647fa4f50a4e.jpg

I’ve had the message a few times because I play petrol tank roulette. Never for a tank half full as yours shows. However I switch the ignition off and on and it goes away but I know I’ve pushed it too far and fill up.

I think I've read about this somewhere before. Either dropping the car into Sport or Sport+ (or maybe downshifting on the gear paddles) forces the Ice to start and the car is happy again.

Mine is in next week to have the charge flap repaired.

Work insisted on two quotes. One dealer, £350 Inc Vat, and another dealer is £220 Inc Vat.

As the Americans say, go figure.....

I think I've read about this somewhere before. Either dropping the car into Sport or Sport+ (or maybe downshifting on the gear paddles) forces the Ice to start and the car is happy again.

I wasn’t too concerned because I’d heard about it as well, but strangely (despite the revs showing as zero) the ICE was on.

I wasn’t too concerned because I’d heard about it as well, but strangely (despite the revs showing as zero) the ICE was on.

Now, that is very odd. Never heard of that happening.

Hi
This is not uncommon! I had the same or similar issue a couple of times. A complex system like this running on CANBUS technology can have software glitches sometimes. In this case, it seems that one of the concurrent data entry points delay in sending data resulting in an unusual output! When a Reset or Reboot solves the problem with no further problem detected, I wouldn't worry too much! It is a computer system and can be excused for a glitch or two. Hey, even Eurofighter Typhoon or Airbus 380 with the most sophisticated H/W and S/W are not immune to computer mishaps ;-)
M

“Steering column recall” - have I missed anyone posting about this?

It’s been added to my B1 service that’s being done next week.

“Steering column recall” - have I missed anyone posting about this?

It’s been added to my B1 service that’s being done next week.

I haven't heard anything.

Something like "In rare circumstances, steering column may detach from vehicle" ??o_O

I haven't heard anything.

Something like "In rare circumstances, steering column may detach from vehicle" ??o_O

I will check! I’m sure the notification is very reassuring: “very low probability of complete steering failure and death.”

Yep, had my steering column recall done a few weeks ago. Apparently a piece of metal needs to be filed down as it can effect a false deployment of the airbag. Safe to drive with allegedly, however should an airbag fault show before the fix, you have to stop the car immediately contact Mercedes help who get the car trailered to the nearest Merc garage for the fix!

Interesting article I've just seen on fuel consumption claims - C350e doesn't stand up well - 98% of hybrid cars don't meet official fuel economy figures | PetrolPrices.com
That's largely because the official figures are total nonsense and bear no relation to reality. I'm sure we all have different real world figures depending on how often we charge off the mains vs how long our journeys are. All are equally valid but could vary from mid 30s (no plug in) to 99.9 (no ICE).

That's largely because the official figures are total nonsense and bear no relation to reality. I'm sure we all have different real world figures depending on how often we charge off the mains vs how long our journeys are. All are equally valid but could vary from mid 30s (no plug in) to 99.9 (no ICE).

Oh I get that 100% - I run a 300h (diesel hybrid as I commute 120 miles per day) and get around 60mpg vs. 74mpg but am happy with that. No way I'd run a 350e as it would cost me a bomb in petrol however once they get Tesla kind of range then I'll make the switch....

I have a 20 mile commute to and from Birmingham city centre. I charge at home but nothing available at work.

I’m getting around about 70mpg on average (based on just over a thousand miles so far) which I’m happy with.

For me the 350e is good for short commutes but if you’re driving lots of miles up and down motorways you’re better off with a diesel.

Lovely car though and very happy with it so far.

Strangely, though, there's not a huge difference between most of the best cars and the figures for the most inaccurate. I'm not at all surprised that the figures for my 350e are different to what was quoted. I am happy that I'm getting at least 45mpg and usually 55mpg from a tank (I've done 5000 miles) from a car that has a 2 litre 211hp motor pulling over 270hp max. The equivalent ice only car would be lucky to give 34mpg.

I have owned my car for nearly 3 years and with charging every evening have managed 60 mpg. I am thinking of selling but strangely second hand values have been increasing as the car is exempt from road tax and with no new orders being taken demand is very high. So I am thinking of holding what have other owners experienced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom