C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sraj, just to give you a comparison, I just did 5 miles starting at 72% and finished at 20% on pure electric. Heater was on (which kills the range) but I had preheated as well. So just over 10% per mile. I'd say in the summer I get about 10-11miles range from 100% to 10% obviously without the heater being on. Hope that helps.
Btw, that was stop start town driving. 30mph with lots of traffic lights

A large part of my decision to pass on the warranty is the very low mileage we do. That, and all the exclusions. Surprised you got the work done under warranty TBH, they exclude wear and tear?? Maybe it comes down to creative definitions of failure mode by the dealer.

Yes, I was very surprised too! Pleased though. Maybe they thought 30,000 miles was too early a failure? I suspect it's a legacy of all the speed bumps and potholes I have to deal with. :wallbash:

I didn’t understand the calculations.

@Sraj had a mile of predicted range left, that’s at least 30% of the battery, 0.7*6.2*14.5*1.05 = 66p. That’s roughly what a really efficient petrol would cost, but in warmer weather, the C350e can go twice as far on the same amount of electricity.

I didn’t understand the calculations.

@Sraj had a mile of predicted range left, that’s at least 30% of the battery, 0.7*6.2*14.5*1.05 = 66p. That’s roughly what a really efficient petrol would cost, but in warmer weather, the C350e can go twice as far on the same amount of electricity.

70% of the battery, total capacity is 6.2kWh @ 14.5p per kWh plus 5% VAT to give you 5 miles of range.

I might have made a mistake, but I think it’s roughly correct...

Ok, just nerded out slightly and worked out my journey last night.
With pre-heating I used 69p worth of electricity.
If I used petrol and assume it does 40mpg I would have used 71p worth of petrol.
So a 2p saving!
However maybe 40mpg is optimistic for a petrol car, at 30mpg it would be 95p worth of petrol.
So it's a saving either way. And i did get into a nice warm car!
Also, in the summer I go about 50% further on electric so that's when it's better. In addition, I often use PodPoint free chargers, that makes it 0p per mile electric :)

This is what I’ve done in a week

Attachments

• B4C25590-8336-4399-B841-4F68E011015D.jpeg
    B4C25590-8336-4399-B841-4F68E011015D.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 20
This is what I’ve done in a week

It's strange. Half your miles with the engine off is great and suggests the hybrid system is working well.
The 36.2 sounds low though. It's almost as if the engine isn't right, but the electrics are!

Are you saving your battery to use at low speed, and using your engine for high speed work? I find that works best. No point using all your battery up on the open road and then crawling through traffic with the engine. It needs to be the other way round.

I work in Dagenham and one way from my house is 9miles, a406 and a13. I tend to use the battery for very short distances and drive normally on long roads.

I drive extremely light on the pedals and a lot of drivers overtake me. Some give me dirty looks but that’s life.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong because everyone on this forum are getting much higher mpg.

It's strange. Half your miles with the engine off is great and suggests the hybrid system is working well.
The 36.2 sounds low though. It's almost as if the engine isn't right, but the electrics are!

Are you saving your battery to use at low speed, and using your engine for high speed work? I find that works best. No point using all your battery up on the open road and then crawling through traffic with the engine. It needs to be the other way round.

I work in Dagenham and one way from my house is 9miles, a406 and a13. I tend to use the battery for very short distances and drive normally on long roads.

I drive extremely light on the pedals and a lot of drivers overtake me. Some give me dirty looks but that’s life.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong because everyone on this forum are getting much higher mpg.

The four hybrid modes are hybrid, e-mode, e-save and charge. Do you know which you normally use?

I see the last screenshot you shared was in e-save, there were a couple yesterday showing hybrid and one from Monday showing e-mode.

If you typically have an 18-mile round trip between charges, I’d do exactly what CaptainChaos suggests: prioritise battery for slow speeds and engine for higher speeds. Aim to arrive home with 10% battery.

One tip for controlling the battery use is e-mode for the slow stuff and e-save for the faster stuff, but you might be able to do it all in hybrid if you’re careful on the go pedal.

If I have battery, I use esave. If I have no battery charge then hybrid is used on eco mode

The four hybrid modes are hybrid, e-mode, e-save and charge. Do you know which you normally use?

I see the last screenshot you shared was in e-save, there were a couple yesterday showing hybrid and one from Monday showing e-mode.

If you typically have an 18-mile round trip between charges, I’d do exactly what CaptainChaos suggests: prioritise battery for slow speeds and engine for higher speeds. Aim to arrive home with 10% battery.

One tip for controlling the battery use is e-mode for the slow stuff and e-save for the faster stuff, but you might be able to do it all in hybrid if you’re careful on the go pedal.

If I have battery, I use esave. If I have no battery charge then hybrid is used on eco mode

Only use e-save if you know you’ll run out of battery on e-mode or hybrid. Never use e-save for the first section of a journey - brake energy regeneration doesn’t kick in until the state of charge drops well below 100%. Other opinions are available on this point - there’s an argument to say that using the battery to heat the car is bad for mpg, so make sure the engine is on. That doesn’t work for me, but it might for you.

In the summer, you should be able to do 2/3 of your commute on e-mode, but in winter only about 1/3 (slightly optimistic). Do the rest in the e-save.

Summer commute should be roughly 90mpg. Winter should be upwards of 45mpg.

It’s odd that you’re seeing such poor mpg right now, but maybe we’ve forgotten that driving a plug-in hybrid is more than just being light on the accelerator.

Keep us updated.

My 3-mile errand last night done in e-mode used half the battery. Temperature was 7C. Battery was full when I set out. Engine wasn’t needed.
c7961c5a4a46d14f9afc612856fd5141.jpg
204b20f2626003cec05d422af385b8a6.jpg

Did an 8 mile round trip yesterday, pre-heated, started with 100% charge, finished with 10% and had to use ICE for about 1/2 mile. Heating (and AC for demisting) really drains the small HV battery. Charging up again from 10% used just under 6kWh.

Cold weather shows just how much waste heat an ICE produces. Other than slightly longer warmup, it makes little difference to MPG. On our hybrids, the heater probably takes about 30-40% of available energy. Scary. And of course the battery doesn’t like cold weather either.

Hi all, hope yee all are keeping well.. So had my 350e in for warrenty upgrade/fixes in my main dealer Sheehy Motors Carlow.. Have to say it was an excellent experience, ive been to a few over the years but this is my first time yo this dealer as its closer to my work.. Anyways, they did a high voltage cable fix (put in a plastic spacer to make sure a cable was not touching any hot parts of the ice) and a drivetrain software update for gear changes etc.. So all went fine and i was pleasantly supprused when i came out to see my battery was charged to 100% and showed 27km (16miles) which was the most ive ever see it at, normally its 21 or 22km max.. Unfortunately when i recharged at home it was back to 22km..[emoji853] Do they have a special charger to get this high.. I normally charge mine on 16A or at the type2 public charging points but always get the same results of 22km max.. [emoji16]

Cheers Gary
c6a14c6c357b8c30a8a86d82ff3c783a.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi all, hope yee all are keeping well.. So had my 350e in for warrenty upgrade/fixes in my main dealer Sheehy Motors Carlow.. Have to say it was an excellent experience, ive been to a few over the years but this is my first time yo this dealer as its closer to my work.. Anyways, they did a high voltage cable fix (put in a plastic spacer to make sure a cable was not touching any hot parts of the ice) and a drivetrain software update for gear changes etc.. So all went fine and i was pleasantly supprused when i came out to see my battery was charged to 100% and showed 27km (16miles) which was the most ive ever see it at, normally its 21 or 22km max.. Unfortunately when i recharged at home it was back to 22km..[emoji853] Do they have a special charger to get this high.. I normally charge mine on 16A or at the type2 public charging points but always get the same results of 22km max.. [emoji16]

Cheers Gary
c6a14c6c357b8c30a8a86d82ff3c783a.jpg

The charger is in the car, so it’s not that. I don’t think the cable can make a difference. Maybe they reset the driving history log so it appears to have been rolling downhill for the last 10 miles?

The charger is in the car, so it’s not that. I don’t think the cable can make a difference. Maybe they reset the driving history log so it appears to have been rolling downhill for the last 10 miles?
I think it’s the default after some kind of reset. Mine said 19miles when I picked it up new and it’s never said it again!

I think it’s the default after some kind of reset. Mine said 19miles when I picked it up new and it’s never said it again!
Yea Nick, thats what it seems as they may have to disconnected the HV Battery during the ECU update but I was trying to be optimistic that there was some other fantastic charger that I could get my hands on that would give me the full 19miles every charge [emoji19][emoji28]

Hi all,

Thought this would be the best place to get some feedback. I currently have a private number plate on my company C350e, I will be changing my vehicle early next year and will have the plate put on retention. Would there be any interest from anyone on here with regards to purchasing the number plate.

The plate is C3SOE

Hi guys, I’ve followed your advice on driving my car and still got poor mpg.

I charged up the car, which showed 12 miles and used that for short distances. Only got 5 miles before I had to recharge the battery.

Spent £21 on fuel and this is what I achieved.

Attachments

• 33A5AB45-6E34-47D7-B9D5-CA35F4AA47A6.jpeg
    33A5AB45-6E34-47D7-B9D5-CA35F4AA47A6.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 17
I wanted to listen to some cassettes in my car and there’s no AUX port.. I bought a usb to aux cable so that I could listen to my Walkman but I’m not hearing anything at all. I connected the usb plug into the car and the aux into the headphone jack of the Walkman. Pressed play and I’m not getting anything.

is there a way which I can play tapes in the car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom