C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sraj, sorry to hear it's still not great. If you're doing multiple cold trips (or is it just one?) with the heater on then 5 miles doesn't surprise me. It will be better in the summer if that's any consolation.

Maybe there is a issue with the engine? Mine had leaking fuel pipes, a known issue apparently, but only when its sub zero temperature outside. Mine is in the workshop right now having a service and new spark plugs plus a software update and new hv leads, I'll let you know if that makes a difference. £505 :eek:

No idea what a "cassette" or "walkman" is ;)
Just kidding, but seriously never tried it and can't help you there I'm afraid.

@Sraj , I suspect you’ll have to convert your tapes to MP3 or similar digital audio file format for you to be able to play them in the car.

The MPG you’re getting does seem a bit on the low side, but the engine was off almost half that mileage, which seems about right. I'm not being critical here, but maybe you’re just a bit heavy on the throttle at times and that’s hurting MPG?

I drive ours like some kind of hypermiling grandad most of the time. Makes me wonder why I bought a car with almost 300bhp on tap if I never use it....

Just had mine serviced, apparently there is play in osf spring link arm ball joint :( 39k miles, 3.5 years old. Sounds expensive! Only an Amber warning though. They couldn't update they software as the network was down. Also found a slight bulge in a tyre. Not the best morning!:(

Hi guys, I’ve followed your advice on driving my car and still got poor mpg.

I charged up the car, which showed 12 miles and used that for short distances. Only got 5 miles before I had to recharge the battery.

Spent £21 on fuel and this is what I achieved.

It’s not looking great, is it?

My guess from the average speed shown is that your showing is multiple journeys. Was it multiple charging sessions as well, or just one?

If it’s just one charge and as you wrote earlier, you’re driving economically, you’re only getting about 75% of the economy I’d expect AND it’s probably nothing to do with the battery (because it would have a small impact on a 120-mile journey.

Mine needs new rear tyres soon. Done just under 20k miles. Fronts are fine for a while.

Does anyone rotate their tyres? Seems to be a thing in the USA, but I’ve only ever replaced them in pairs.

I thought you only rotated tyres on 4x4s so never have on my cars. I always replace in pairs as well.

Mine needs new rear tyres soon. Done just under 20k miles. Fronts are fine for a while.

Does anyone rotate their tyres? Seems to be a thing in the USA, but I’ve only ever replaced them in pairs.
You can’t rotate them on the 350e as they are directional and different sizes on the front and back. I got 13k out of my first set of rears and there’s still life in the fronts at 22k

You can’t rotate them on the 350e as they are directional and different sizes on the front and back. I got 13k out of my first set of rears and there’s still life in the fronts at 22k
Yea, nearly always wider on the back of mercs, any recommendations on replacement tyre brand or thoughts on winter tyres, mostly i opt for the regular all weather tread... Seen a few comments on other forums about tyre noise etc from different brands..

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ok another stupid question from me.. [emoji15]. I was playing with the me app and changed the mpg to mpg imp.. I take it thats uk imperial? It game me a better mpg, so is this the correct one for uk/ireland?
940ea5d216e63970f0e029bba98b25e2.jpg
0472a5897d4ada19a4663da3bf821d8c.jpg

Certainly, US mpg multiplied by 1.2 = UK/Imperial mpg and 31.8 x 1.2 = 38.2!

It's surprising if your mpg reading was set to US (presumably by the dealer and so the app followed), but that seems like a likely answer.

I guess if you want to know for sure., you could just brim your tank, drive 40 miles on ICE only and see if what it takes to top off your tank = US or Imperial. My guess is that you'll only get the Imperial amount of fuel to match your IMPERIAL mpg in.

Certainly, US mpg multiplied by 1.2 = UK/Imperial mpg and 31.8 x 1.2 = 38.2!

It's surprising if your mpg reading was set to US (presumably by the dealer and so the app followed), but that seems like a likely answer.

I guess if you want to know for sure., you could just brim your tank, drive 40 miles on ICE only and see if what it takes to top off your tank = US or Imperial. My guess is that you'll only get the Imperial amount of fuel to match your IMPERIAL mpg in.
Hi Val,
Tks, I have a weird setup as I imported the car from the UK to Ireland, UK speedometer is in miles, Ireland uses kilometres so the car setup is in km and litres but typically everybody in Ireland judges how economical a car is by its mpg [emoji23]

Just had mine serviced, apparently there is play in osf spring link arm ball joint :( 39k miles, 3.5 years old. Sounds expensive!

Mine failed its MOT because of "front spring link arms - play in ball joints". They replaced both under warranty. (30,000 miles, four years old).

Yea, nearly always wider on the back of mercs, any recommendations on replacement tyre brand or thoughts on winter tyres, mostly i opt for the regular all weather tread... Seen a few comments on other forums about tyre noise etc from different brands..

I've gone for Goodyear Asymetric5 for the summer - very quiet and grippy. No idea about wear rates yet.
For winter I use Continental TS860 which are brilliant if you want to use a winter tyre.

If you just want an all season tyre to leave on all the time, Michelin Cross Climates are hard to beat.

Cherts Cap... Will chatvto my tyres guy and get prices for all so.. [emoji16]

Mine failed its MOT because of "front spring link arms - play in ball joints". They replaced both under warranty. (30,000 miles, four years old).
Did/do you have extended warranty or was it a goodwill gesture? Mine is out of warranty but I might ask if they can do it as a goodwill gesture.

Ok thanks, they're sending me s quote today but I might see what the indy down the road can do it for. Seems a bit early for this kind of issue :(

Ok thanks, they're sending me s quote today but I might see what the indy down the road can do it for. Seems a bit early for this kind of issue :(

The cynic in me thinks it's perfectly judged by Mercedes - 'out of warranty Sir, kerching'. Thanks heavens it'll take me about 15 years to do 30k miles.....like it'll still be working by then!

Yes, £405 worth of kerching apparently! Then, they also put my rear pads as "amber, nearly worn out" and then marked them as 50% worn. I feel "nearly worn out" is over egging it a bit! So I wonder if they are over egging the "play in the ball joint" as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom