C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mercedes Ireland only seen to be doing extended warranties on vans or else aren't putting any details of it online.

@Chris-S Out of interest I entered my car's old UK reg with mileage of 80k in for the Mercedes UK extended warranty and was quoted the same figures as you. They mustn't be factoring in the mileage unless you are over 120k.

@raspy That is a fantastic deal. I take it that the coverage is the same as the one we were all looking at.
@DubMerc Yes, it's the exact same MB warranty that you are discussing.

Morning everybody,

Anyone else experienced jerky gear changes from 2nd to 3rd gear at a cold start? Only on the first few yards when you start, after that is very smooth, no more jerky gear change.
Found several threads mentioning the same, some owners have been experiencing the same from brand new:
“On cold start, my car jerks once on the very first shift from 2 to 3. There is no further jerking after that. Is this considered normal?”

A relevant thread

I’m going to book the car in for a transmission oil change next month, I have big hopes but based on same posts it didn’t change anything for those people. Someone had the whole gearbox replaced under the warranty and the new one was exactly the same. Then their local MB stated this is the cars normal behaviour after consulting with Germany.

Back in the dim and distant past Mercedes used to make their auto boxes hold on to the lower gears slightly longer when cold to help emissions by warming up the catalytic convertor quicker - maybe its an updated version of something similar?

Back in the dim and distant past Mercedes used to make their auto boxes hold on to the lower gears slightly longer when cold to help emissions by warming up the catalytic convertor quicker - maybe its an updated version of something similar?
I don’t know. I have the same jerk from 2nd to 3rd gear at the very first time when start the car, even in electric mode. Whatever reason is behind it, the jerk is something you shouldn’t expect from a relatively new car.
Some users said the regular petrol models with the M274 also have the same behaviours. Don’t know if anyone else from here experienced something similar.

an underbonnet picture showing the battery coolant reservoir [clear pink] and the engine coolant [opaque black]
2016-Mercedes-Benz-C350e-engine-and-motor-01.jpg

hi do you know what fluid goes in battery system tank,thanks mickygreg
can't miss it really. ;)
2016-mercedes-c350-plug-i-14.jpg

url

Just wanted to ask, I ended up buying the c350e from merc used and approved. Figured the car was great despite the service and ended up getting a decent trade in for my car.
Anyway, wanted to ask about a few things I can't find the manual.
Is there any way of monitoring charging from your phone? On the Mercedes me app it says I have to purchase this. All I want to know is when the charging is done (getting a EO smart point put in next week)
and... How do you delete /change radio presets. I seem stuck on the previous owners favourites!
Oh and how do you know if the dealer did a garmin map update.. Is there a way to check the last sd card update for traffic etc?

Just wanted to ask, I ended up buying the c350e from merc used and approved. Figured the car was great despite the service and ended up getting a decent trade in for my car.
Is there any way of monitoring charging from your phone? On the Mercedes me app it says I have to purchase this. All I want to know is when the charging is done (getting a EO smart point put in next week)
and... How do you delete /change radio presets. I seem stuck on the previous owners favourites!
Oh and how do you know if the dealer did a garmin map update.. Is there a way to check the last sd card update for traffic etc?
MB bundle the features of MercedesMe as astutely as Sky do....meaning you need to purchase 2 packages to get charge info and pre-entry climate, arguably the only two things worth having. Maps and live traffic are extra of course...

There’s a good chance your charger will be able to give you the info you need TBH. Wait until it’s installed and see what it offers.

Congrats. Which one of the two did you go for in the end?

Congrats. Which one of the two did you go for in the end?
Ended up going for the 17 plate amg premium.
The picture on the forum of the wood interior (plastic but wood) and the little clock sold it for me. Just wanted a nicer interior and the black gloss finish wasn't for me. The tax implications on the second hand car were negligible now with the changes so the emissions didn't matter as much (as long as they were below 130)
Plus it was closer and the appalling customer service was equaled by them taking my car which I couldn't keep maintaining.
Getting the EO charger installed next week which is great. Went for a electric only drive for the first time and just like others have said, it's a great car to transition towards electric.
Only drove a couple of miles but it changes your driving style and it's weird not hearing the engine.
Still takes a bit of getting used to but loving the car... Driving like a granny because it's new to me!
Overall happy with the car, shocked by the lack of customer service and reading the above I think I'll just buy the service package for peace of mind after the first year.

Ended up going for the 17 plate amg premium.
The picture on the forum of the wood interior (plastic but wood) and the little clock sold it for me. Just wanted a nicer interior and the black gloss finish wasn't for me. The tax implications on the second hand car were negligible now with the changes so the emissions didn't matter as much (as long as they were below 130)
Plus it was closer and the appalling customer service was equaled by them taking my car which I couldn't keep maintaining.
Getting the EO charger installed next week which is great. Went for a electric only drive for the first time and just like others have said, it's a great car to transition towards electric.
Only drove a couple of miles but it changes your driving style and it's weird not hearing the engine.
Still takes a bit of getting used to but loving the car... Driving like a granny because it's new to me!
Overall happy with the car, shocked by the lack of customer service and reading the above I think I'll just buy the service package for peace of mind after the first year.
Which Merc is this coz I thought the C350e was only Hybrid?

@dasachmo Great stuff. EV driving is fantastic. Don't think I could go back to a full ICE. Will stick with PHEV or go full EV next time.
It does take a bit of getting used to. You feel like an airline pilot at the beginning with all the different modes!
When you experience the EV driving having the home charger is a must. However, I find sticking it into sport plus occasionally justifies my expenditure to myself.

So which Merc model is this 17 plate Amg premium full electric car?
Dasachmo is referring to fully charging his car and driving in ev mode. He has a PHEV 350e like us all (apart from the AMG spec).

Dasachmo is referring to fully charging his car and driving in ev mode. He has a PHEV 350e like us all (apart from the AMG spec).
Oh thanks for the clarification coz i was kinda thinking this is some new model. I also bought 350e last year Feb and I’m just loving it as no problems at all. I also use EV when dropping off my mrs 6 miles return trip.

yup, it really is great!
first time i've bought a car and definitely a great treat.
Shocking how 15 miles range drops to 12 by the bottom of the road but loving the hybrid nature and you can switch to petrol when needed- bit worrying about the constant start stop of the engine when the batteries gone so no wonder the starter motors go but love the interior and comfort compared to my old merc!

The comfort and smoothness of moving off is great. Yeah the constant stop starting isn't something I am crazy about either.
You going to post some pictures?

The comfort and smoothness of moving off is great. Yeah the constant stop starting isn't something I am crazy about either.
You going to post some pictures?
Like many people have said on this forum one sure way of preserving the starter motor is to drive in EV mode whenever you can especially locally/running around.

Seems I'll have the same conundrum next year keep the C350e or get a model 3. I don't particularly like the wallowing in the comfort setting of the C350e, preferring the firmer Sport suspension which I have set in my Individual mode. It's also useful to be able to increase the ride height of the 'e' on the odd occasion. Think the off the line performance of the 3 might just convince me to change mind! Though money outlay has to be a consideration as well.
Would driving the C350e in Sport mode improve the road handling/stability like on your windy day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom