C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Saxon6 the battery needs to go through a lot of charge discharge cycles before its max range will be realised, my Volt could only achieve 22 miles for a while. Driving around with a full fuel tank is like carrying a heavy passenger, do you need to keep it full for your normal journeys?
January can't roll round quickly enough...

@Saxon6 the battery needs to go through a lot of charge discharge cycles before its max range will be realised, my Volt could only achieve 22 miles for a while. Driving around with a full fuel tank is like carrying a heavy passenger, do you need to keep it full for your normal journeys?
January can't roll round quickly enough...

You are right about the Charge/Discharge cycle- the pack will eventually balance the amount of released and absorbed H2O and settles in to an optimum. The other factor that works in terms of time, is that the engine will bed in and gears/bearings soften. Apart from what the onboard computer reports, its the "total gallons of petrol consumed for a certain period of time/mileage" that counts.
Did you notice any difference in using premium petrol versus supermarket ones?

How long does the battery settling in period take?

Is your car the estate version ?

No, mine is the saloon and I am one up with no load! Charged again last night and now showing 19 miles electric range!

No, mine is the saloon and I am one up with no load! Charged again last night and now showing 19 miles electric range!

Never seen 19 on mine, only 17..... once...... Typically 12-14.....

MB and dealer still both baffled why car cannot show external temperature. Please to say that have taken the issue seriously and the car is going into the dealers for a few days to check the software. They have confirmed that the temperature sensor is fitted to the car. I'll keep you posted.

MB and dealer still both baffled why car cannot show external temperature. Please to say that have taken the issue seriously and the car is going into the dealers for a few days to check the software. They have confirmed that the temperature sensor is fitted to the car. I'll keep you posted.

I borrowed a C300h as a demo and that did not have a temperature gauge - after 3 days of searching the manuals and doing as it said still no outside temp.

Also despite being Prem Plus with handsfree you still had to put the key in to start it??

MB are aware of this and will be issuing an update to the command system. The sensor is there and it does read out, it can only be seen by the mb diagnostic computer at the moment. I had an e class that did not have this as well.

Thanks for that.
I asked because I didn’t think that the remote boot opening, by foot, was only available on the estate version.

stuartj said:
Also despite being Prem Plus with handsfree you still had to put the key in to start it??

My dealer removes the button from loan cars, think people feel the urge to pinch them.

How long does the battery settling in period take?

It depends on a number of factors like the battery chemistry, i.e. Lithium ion /Polymers and also the capacity. There are literally hundreds of individual cells packed and connected in Parallel/Serial format to deliver 6KW (in C350) of electric energy with high Voltage and Amperage. These battery packs have their own Microcomputer onboard which reads each individual cell's voltage and compares it with other cells and also to an absolute standard level. It is the concept of Balancing that actually determines the life cycle of the pack as well as its settling time.
It is important to be easy with the battery in early days although the intelligent hardware/ software wouldn't allow drainage or over charging below or above the absolute limits. The pack has its own cooling and heating system as the batteries need to be kept in an optimum temperature to deliver their maximum safe output.
In one word, perhaps we don't know the answer to your question (at least for now) but the above are the facts that we know. I'd be gentle with the car in early weeks anyway.
There's a theory in quantum world implying that systems get used to their users as much as users become accustomed to their machines! It might sound weird but I personally believe in that ;)

Thanks for that.
I asked because I didn’t think that the remote boot opening, by foot, was only available on the estate version.

Disabled if a towbar is fitted on a saloon or estate though.

MB are aware of this and will be issuing an update to the command system. The sensor is there and it does read out, it can only be seen by the mb diagnostic computer at the moment. I had an e class that did not have this as well.

Many thanks for this. I'll tell my dealer next week - the car is in for having a rear window spoiler fitted and I have asked him to arrange a test on the batteries at the same time as I can only achieve 9 miles.

To those lucky individuals who have recently taken delivery, does it feel as if you are driving a car with 280 HP?

To those lucky individuals who have recently taken delivery, does it feel as if you are driving a car with 280 HP?

Oh yes - not only 0 to 60 but the acceleration 50 to 90 is amazing - feels much quicker than a 350CDI engine

Oh yes - not only 0 to 60 but the acceleration 50 to 90 is amazing - feels much quicker than a 350CDI engine

Don't you dare come on here and complain about the car’s mpg :D

Don't you dare come on here and complain about the car’s mpg :D

350e - you will see that I have never complained. 45mpg in the real world with using the car's potential is very reasonable. You will see an earlier posting where I said this. There are plenty of other cars much more economical (albeit not petrol). If mpg is the sole reason for buying the C350e I believe the individual or the business will be disappointed - the C300h diesel will return a far better mpg but it is a diesel and if they bring in low emission criteria for cities then the C350e will be the car to have. I cannot get more than 9 miles range out of a full battery - again I am not complaining as I never believed the 19 miles in the sales literature. I

I cannot get more than 9 miles range out of a full battery - again I am not complaining as I never believed the 19 miles in the sales literature. I

Wow.. only 9 miles ? is that flat, stop start traffic or up hills ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom