C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C350e - if you want to show the wife the car at its best suggest you go to White Magic | Mercedes-Benz Magazine

Enjoy !!

Thanks for linking this wivenhoe, looks really good.

Think it is ridiculous that they can advertise it as capable of 134 mpg though, be interesting what happens when they do change the testing criteria.

Over a 1000 miles mine has now averaged 47mpg. The battery life does depend on the ancillaries you are using. If it is very cold or hot this makes the range drop with either ac or heating. The lights also help reduce it at night. The petrol engine should loosen up after a few more miles. Very impressed with the performance when in sport plus. I gave it a go at a 0 to 60 and it was not far off as advertised. In fact it was a little faster than I expected I got 5.6 seconds. This wasn't very scientific so not an indication of its capability. Getting the best takes a whole different driving style, no hard acceleration and coasting up to junctions etc, the more you plan the more range you get.

I am due mid Nov and decided I am never going to plug this car in at home at my expense. It is a company car and I have no intention of using my electricity, seems it does not fast charge (at eco trinity points) so just going to run it as a petrol.

1000 miles so far

I ordered mine in April and arrived as expected in August. I have now travelled 1,000 miles and averaged 60 mpg. Commute to work following charge I get 99.9 mpg as display does not show values above this. The car be very quick but all the efficiency tech makes you drive too sensibly.

The car is fantastic and looks amazing, strange that for UK no temperature gauge as place must be taken by kph values and no 12v in rear or boot.

:bannana:

I am due mid Nov and decided I am never going to plug this car in at home at my expense. It is a company car and I have no intention of using my electricity, seems it does not fast charge (at eco trinity points) so just going to run it as a petrol.

Why on earth did you buy it ?

Why on earth did you buy it ?

Does the car recharge the batteries while in use?

If so, and being used as a company car, it could cover higher miles and the battery could be fully charged nearly all the time.

That's how I viewed it when looking at a Lexus hybrid a couple of years ago.

I have also just ordered one as a company and have no Intension of plugging the car in at home. I have a fuel card and cannot currently expense the electricity used for plugging it in at home. Therefore it will be driven as a petrol car but I get the BIK advantage of the car and fuel card. That is a significant saving over my current E250 diesel.

As above, ordered for the same reason.

Great to see government grants designed to encourage lower emissions being abused by people to save tax payments.

My company has recently changed their policy re plugin's and I will now get a pence per mile rather than a fuel card by my calculations I need to get 40mpg to break even so it forces me to plug in which is a rather clever move. Glad to hear people are getting over that magic number (hope the estate is not far behind) was worried for a bit as could not get close to that in the outlander I had on demo.
Roll on November.

The car charges via braking etc and when the battery has charge of course I will utilise this if city driving etc...I also have petrol card and BIK is appealing, I had 2 choices have the 350e or opt out, I for one have not abused any grant, I made a Choice after relevant research, again I have no intension of plugging it in, my choice.

I have also just ordered one as a company and have no Intension of plugging the car in at home. I have a fuel card and cannot currently expense the electricity used for plugging it in at home. Therefore it will be driven as a petrol car but I get the BIK advantage of the car and fuel card. That is a significant saving over my current E250 diesel.

To get the grant they have to fit a meter which gives you the consumption purely for the charger. Surely the business would allow you to claim that as you can support the payment by meter readings. That said, the cost is minimal - about 4p a mile.

We are looking at changing the policy so that we can in some way claim the cost of charging company cars at home and/or getting some fast chargers at the offices. About 75% of the new company cars ordered by my firm this year have been hybrids because it is such a compelling proposition from a BIK perspective.

However, until I can expense home charging, or fuel economy in the real world starts to match those quoted by manufacturers thus making giving up my fuel card a serious financial option for me, I will not use my home electricity.

Great to see government grants designed to encourage lower emissions being abused by people to save tax payments.

What a ridiculous response.. No ones avoiding tax payments, the government sets the rules and the levels and we make informed decisions.

It's my choice if I plug in and take advantage of better fuel economy, I choose not to as my driving style and typical daily commute does not lend itself to electric only, though I'll obviously make use of the hybrid capability of the car.

These are the same people that also drive high emission cars as their private chariot.

Hippocrates the lot of them :)

These are the same people that also drive high emission cars as their private chariot.

Hippocrates the lot of them :)

Posted by a knob who thinks disguising an attempt at trolling with a smilie is ok.

Posted by a knob who thinks disguising an attempt at trolling with a smilie is ok.

Welcome to the forum, though I suspect you might not make many friends here if you assume too quickly that posts are trolling or malicious.

I would suggest giving posters the benefit of doubt before questioning their motives for responding.

I am not suggesting we are all perfect here... just that it might take a few more posts for you to know us a little better.

More to the point, I believe that tec was referring to government officials making the policy, not to yourself.

Last edited:
Slight off topic - but a friend of mine i was talking to over the weekend said at his place of work a lot of people have gone for the Outlander PHEV, but now the company have "banned" them as company cars and removed off the list as all the drivers are on fuel cards. (Sale reps)

A lot ordered them for the BIK savings, however in turn this has double the companies fuel bills for the previous car v the Outlander PHEV

A lot of the staff were in VW Golfs and Passat bluemotion oil burners before pulling 60mpg no problem, however now they are all pulling 30mpg max in the outlanders, of which most dont bother charge them via the plug or own any re-charge cards.

So the employee is saving BIK big, but the employer which taking the hit on fuel..... and thats before mentioning the small fuel tank which results in a daily fuel stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom