C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just had my almost 6 year old 55k miles C350e at a MB dealer for a B service (including air filter and spark plugs) and MOT (MB extended warranty requires that car be serviced by a MB dealer)

I always find that as cars get older (especially given I drive in London with lots of stop start traffic, potholed roads and speed bumps) that unexpected bills pop up at service time due to wear and tear

However, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't need anything apart from the B service. It sailed through the MOT with no advisories. The dealer also did a software update on the Airmatic system as part of the service too.

Front pads are 30% worn (I believe they are pads/discs original from the factory) and rear pads are 25% worn (they and the rear discs got changed 10k miles ago) - I guess these cars have a rear braking bias and I slow down a lot using the radar based regen in Eco mode and use Distronic every day

I even got £5 back from American Express (used it to pay the dealer) as Mercedes seems to be participating in the Shop Small promotion where paying for stuff over £15 with Amex card gets £5 back!

Last edited:
Booked mine in for its first B service in august.
Will they check anything else like any issues with the car or just do the service? Just wondering as it stinks of fuel sometimes from a cold start

oh and the car makes a tricking water sound occasionally- im assuming this is the battery coolant?

Will they check anything else like any issues with the car or just do the service? Just wondering as it stinks of fuel sometimes from a cold start

oh and the car makes a tricking water sound occasionally- im assuming this is the battery coolant?
@dasachmo If there are specific problems you definitely want them to look at whilst the car is there, in addition to the stuff within the B service, add them to the job card when booking in. Depending upon the dealership, they may add a "diagnosis fee" but have a chat with them. When I booked mine in, I had asked them to do some extra checks and diagnostics to make sure the air suspension was ok as the ride felt a bit bumpier to me recently, and they said there would be an extra diagnosis fee. However, when the service was done, the dealer called to say, they said they did a check of the suspension as part of the service, did a software update on airmatic and the technician test drove it, and they couldn't find anything wrong with it, and they didn't charge me the diagnostic fee in the end.

Ah the delights of owning the C350e continue.

I have a meeting for work in West London tomorrow and will be parking on the street in pay and display for 4 hours. It turns out that the council (hammersmith and fulham) have this year introduced emissions based parking charges

So even a 2021 1 litre petrol ford fiesta would pay £5 per hour because it would fall into the high emissions bracket, but my C350e (or any PHEV/EV) would fall into low emissions and pay 40% less, at £3 per hour. That's a nice discount.

Diesel cars of any age have to pay a £1 surcharge, which would make it £6 per hour to park there!

@dasachmo If there are specific problems you definitely want them to look at whilst the car is there, in addition to the stuff within the B service, add them to the job card when booking in. Depending upon the dealership, they may add a "diagnosis fee" but have a chat with them. When I booked mine in, I had asked them to do some extra checks and diagnostics to make sure the air suspension was ok as the ride felt a bit bumpier to me recently, and they said there would be an extra diagnosis fee. However, when the service was done, the dealer called to say, they said they did a check of the suspension as part of the service, did a software update on airmatic and the technician test drove it, and they couldn't find anything wrong with it, and they didn't charge me the diagnostic fee in the end.
I was worried about the Airmatic as well, felt quite bumpy sometimes. Also on one occasion when I hit a pothole, the compressor turned on straight away for a few seconds. Is that normal? Also when you start the car first time in the morning, do you hear the compressor working or there is complete silence?

I was worried about the Airmatic as well, felt quite bumpy sometimes. Also on one occasion when I hit a pothole, the compressor turned on straight away for a few seconds. Is that normal? Also when you start the car first time in the morning, do you hear the compressor working or there is complete silence?
@seekay The only time I hear anything is when I raise or lower the suspension. Otherwise, no noises from it.

Only hear the compressor with a significant load change (or commanded height change). Frequent compressor activation might suggest a leak assuming the loads and height don’t keep changing.

so it doesnt seem like a compressor pump but like a water trickling sound.
Its normally when the car is stopped after a bit of a drive.
I will definitely get them to check but they called to cancel and cant fit me in until august the 31st!

so it doesnt seem like a compressor pump but like a water trickling sound.
Its normally when the car is stopped after a bit of a drive.
I will definitely get them to check but they called to cancel and cant fit me in until august the 31st!
Could that be the battery coolant still running? Mine used to do that. If you lift the bonnet after a decent run it's front right in the engine bay.

Could that be the battery coolant still running? Mine used to do that. If you lift the bonnet after a decent run it's front right in the engine bay.
I'll let them have a check, its booked in for service B soon and i'll ask them to have a look, hopefully its not the suspension

Can anyone recommend a rubber boot liner with a fold-out flap to protect the bumper?

The fuel smell is a known fault and you should be able to find a dealer to fix it for free. It's a high pressure fuel hose that leaks fumes.
see this thread and my post there

The trickling water is probably the battery cooling system which does make a trickling water sound. If you plug it in to charge and open the bonnet you will hear it.

Just had my almost 6 year old 55k miles C350e at a MB dealer for a B service (including air filter and spark plugs) and MOT (MB extended warranty requires that car be serviced by a MB dealer)
I don't think they can stipulate that you have it serviced at a dealer for the warranty to be valid. That used to be common but I think there is now a law against this.

@dasachmo
Have you taken your car to the dealer yet to look into the jerky gearbox? You mentioned July-August.

Hi all, new to the forum as I just bought a used C350e Sport (Premium) reg 66.
I can see this is an active community so looking forward to learn from all of you: first time I own a MB, and after 3y without a car I am quite excited.
In my local area, there have been a few thefts of key-less high-end Mercedes, Audis, etc, apparently the criminals walk around with an iPad and software that enables them to "scan" and "mirror" the RF required to unlock the cars, and they drive away with stolen cars hardly ever recovered.

Should I buy a wheel-lock or is this kind of theft not likely in this model?

I am sure I will have more questions about Garmin, SatNav software, and Android Auto over the next few weeks!

Hello All, yesterday this warning light flashed up. Do anyone know how to rectify this issue? I have bought 350e in April from a car dealer.

Thanks in advance.

1630407435010.png

How to reset the radio/nav system in a 2017 C350e estate?

The interface to my nav and radio is getting slower over time so I'd like to reset it, but there doesn't seem to be a reset function in the interface so I presume I need to pull some fuses, but which ones and where are they hidden? FYI I've updated to the latest (Garmin) maps, reset the nav to defaults and cleared the "recently found" list.

Dog guards for a C350e estate

I need a collie-sized dog crate or boot divider for my 2017 C350e estate - any recommendations? A web search has unearthed several crates, but they would be difficult to get in to the restricted height. The C-class dividers I've found say "not suitable for hybrid".

BTW This forum seems to be getting much less active than it was, have discussions moved somewhere else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom