C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine is being dropped off at 9am In Tuesday, I shall upload pics straight the way!

Congratulations on choosing an 350e. Really looking forward to seeing the pictures. In the meantime enjoy what will be excruciating and exciting Monday :D

350e

Feels like putting an old pair of slippers on. Can we have a house warming party?

This feels like progress as we all slide gently towards our own delivery dates.

I think I will probably come over all "thumbs" when I get to take my own set of pictures in December. God knows what "thumbs" will say.

Suppose I don't like the 350e as much as my XF !
Please reassure me that this is just a phase that those waiting for a 350e go through :)

Input from owners please!

Hello fellow C350e owners

It might be early to ask these questions but it would be relevant for the rest of us “waiting to be owners” to know how you get on with your beloved machines.
I’d appreciate it if anyone can share their views, comments, mpg figures, advice and recommendations (if any) with the rest of members here:

- Has anyone tried Premium Petrol (97 RON) versus normal unleaded (95 RON) to see if it makes much of a difference in performance and/or mpg figures?
- Is it possible (at all) to achieve a high number, like 80-90 mpg from the car for an average combined journey of 90% sensible motorway driving?
- Are the chrome trims on the side and rear bumper an option or standard feature?
- Did you get any matching colour floor mat for your car?
- Has anyone got a Beige Leather interior? And if they have, is the carpet lining on the sides, the net document holders and the rear carpet inlay beige as well?

Many thanks,
Mark.

I'd love to be a member of the club but I'm still in waiting, hopefully latest production date, (5th Oct), will be adhered to and I will soon be posting in earnest here.

Jealous of those that already have their shiny new toys.

Hello fellow C350e owners

It might be early to ask these questions but it would be relevant for the rest of us “waiting to be owners” to know how you get on with your beloved machines.
I’d appreciate it if anyone can share their views, comments, mpg figures, advice and recommendations (if any) with the rest of members here:

- Has anyone tried Premium Petrol (97 RON) versus normal unleaded (95 RON) to see if it makes much of a difference in performance and/or mpg figures?
- Is it possible (at all) to achieve a high number, like 80-90 mpg from the car for an average combined journey of 90% sensible motorway driving?
- Are the chrome trims on the side and rear bumper an option or standard feature?
- Did you get any matching colour floor mat for your car?
- Has anyone got a Beige Leather interior? And if they have, is the carpet lining on the sides, the net document holders and the rear carpet inlay beige as well?

Many thanks,
Mark.

Hi Mark
I've only had to fill the car twice so I haven't tried premium petrol over standard.
Average mileage for motorway driving at a sensible pace is 40-45mpg. Is is possible to coast at 70-80mph but it will only do that if you're driving down a slight incline. The only way I have achieved 80-90 mpg is on A and B roads with charge still in the motor. As soon as the charge goes that figure drops.
Chrome trim to door sills and rear bumper is standard. The chrome trims to the sides of the rear bumper have been dropped as part of the midlife facelift.
We have light grey leather, but all carpets / trims / fittings you list are black. The door panels have light grey leather to match the seats....it looks great.
Hope that helps.

Hi Mark
I've only had to fill the car twice so I haven't tried premium petrol over standard.
Average mileage for motorway driving at a sensible pace is 40-45mpg. Is is possible to coast at 70-80mph but it will only do that if you're driving down a slight incline. The only way I have achieved 80-90 mpg is on A and B roads with charge still in the motor. As soon as the charge goes that figure drops.
Chrome trim to door sills and rear bumper is standard. The chrome trims to the sides of the rear bumper have been dropped as part of the midlife facelift.
We have light grey leather, but all carpets / trims / fittings you list are black. The door panels have light grey leather to match the seats....it looks great.
Hope that helps.

Many thanks Saxon6

I've become concerned about the mpg figures now! It seems that (unfortunately) 45 is the average number! Facing a dilemma, I guess the compromise would be driving one of the best cars in its class as opposed to cheaper cars with much better fuel economy.
I can still cancel my order but would I do that?! I guess not.
Fuel economy plays a major role for me as I drive an average of 30,000 miles a year. I just wish that more owners and drivers contribute to this thread with their mpg values so that we can build a better picture of the running cost of this beauty.

Cheers

I will be doing 30k a year in mine so should be able to give plenty of feedback quite quickly

That would be greatly appreciated :thumb:
Any chance of pictures too? :p

No problem, I'll take a few as soon as it arrives and upload. I should do 4-500 miles by Friday also. I guess it needs a bit of running in to get good figures

No problem, I'll take a few as soon as it arrives and upload. I should do 4-500 miles by Friday also. I guess it needs a bit of running in to get good figures

Yes that's right. Hope you enjoy it and that it puts smile on your face all day- everyday :) Look forward to hearing from you.

Mark.

Many thanks Saxon6

I've become concerned about the mpg figures now! It seems that (unfortunately) 45 is the average number! Facing a dilemma, I guess the compromise would be driving one of the best cars in its class as opposed to cheaper cars with much better fuel economy.
I can still cancel my order but would I do that?! I guess not.
Fuel economy plays a major role for me as I drive an average of 30,000 miles a year. I just wish that more owners and drivers contribute to this thread with their mpg values so that we can build a better picture of the running cost of this beauty.

Cheers

To get the mpg you are hoping for is with the electric motor playing a big part of the drive. As soon as there is no charge you are just driving a 2ltre petrol car, though there is the extra weight of the battery packs.
One factor that led to my choice of this car is my commute which is 17 miles each way, I am able to do most of that on the electric motor which means I get 90-100mpg plus.
As well as fuel efficiency you must also consider the BIK savings (if this is a company car) and the PHEV grant.
Regardless of the efficiency discussion, the car is rapid....especially from a standing start, great fun to drive, and the build quality seems great so you will not be disappointed.

Just curious @ Saxon6 do you always get full bhp when in engine mode or whatever it's called, or is there a scenario when you only have 211bhp engine and completely flat battery's or is there something that keeps it combined somehow?

To get the mpg you are hoping for is with the electric motor playing a big part of the drive. As soon as there is no charge you are just driving a 2ltre petrol car, though there is the extra weight of the battery packs.
One factor that led to my choice of this car is my commute which is 17 miles each way, I am able to do most of that on the electric motor which means I get 90-100mpg plus.
As well as fuel efficiency you must also consider the BIK savings (if this is a company car) and the PHEV grant.
Regardless of the efficiency discussion, the car is rapid....especially from a standing start, great fun to drive, and the build quality seems great so you will not be disappointed.

Thanks mate, your explanation is correct. Its not a company car though so BIK wouldn't apply to me but the OLEV grant obviously does.
I've driven a top of the range Prius for the last 4 years merely because of the fuel economy. The car reads 133K on the clock now yet it delivers 65mpg! I'm not a slow driver and most of my driving are on motorways but I can get only 7 mpg below what Toyota claims for a brand new Prius (72mpg)- even for a 5 years old car. It's all down to driving style (skill) as everyone knows. However I am concerned that the figures spoken here are way below what Mercedes claims (134 mpg)! As a senior engineer, I am well aware of the electronics and mechanical facts of a Plug-in Hybrid but I find it difficult to comprehend the large gap. A modern 2.0 liter Petrol engine should be able to deliver at least 55mpg on a reasonable torque and BHP. I just assume that by considering the weight to power ratio and the extra drag of an electric motor trying to charge a 6KW depleted battery pack, one might be able to justify the 40-45 mpg figure. But then that defeats the purpose of a PHEV.
I guess that we have to wait for more input into this issue before making a judgment.

Just curious @ Saxon6 do you always get full bhp when in engine mode or whatever it's called, or is there a scenario when you only have 211bhp engine and completely flat battery's or is there something that keeps it combined somehow?

The car never fully drains the batteries so you always have the extra boost of the electric motor when you put your foot down. The lowest I have managed to drain the battery is 9%.

The car never fully drains the batteries so you always have the extra boost of the electric motor when you put your foot down. The lowest I have managed to drain the battery is 9%.

I see, thanks! I'm expecting the computer system to be like a space ship haha

Thanks mate, your explanation is correct. Its not a company car though so BIK wouldn't apply to me but the OLEV grant obviously does.
I've driven a top of the range Prius for the last 4 years merely because of the fuel economy. The car reads 133K on the clock now yet it delivers 65mpg! I'm not a slow driver and most of my driving are on motorways but I can get only 7 mpg below what Toyota claims for a brand new Prius (72mpg)- even for a 5 years old car. It's all down to driving style (skill) as everyone knows. However I am concerned that the figures spoken here are way below what Mercedes claims (134 mpg)! As a senior engineer, I am well aware of the electronics and mechanical facts of a Plug-in Hybrid but I find it difficult to comprehend the large gap. A modern 2.0 liter Petrol engine should be able to deliver at least 55mpg on a reasonable torque and BHP. I just assume that by considering the weight to power ratio and the extra drag of an electric motor trying to charge a 6KW depleted battery pack, one might be able to justify the 40-45 mpg figure. But then that defeats the purpose of a PHEV.
I guess that we have to wait for more input into this issue before making a judgment.

I drove to Birmingham and back on Saturday, first distance motorway drive of just over 200 miles. I averaged 43mpg, though I could have driven far more efficiently as I was rushing to get back for the match. You sound more experienced at driving hybrid cars than me so you may well be able to get more out of it then me.
The friend I travelled with has a 3 year old 2.0 diesel Audi A5, he commented he only achieves 35mpg which is way below the manufacturers figures.

Last edited:

I think everyone knows that the claimed MPG from MB relates to an unrealistic testing cycle and not to real world performance.

I drive about 30K miles P.A. and I almost feel guilty that my company will almost certainly be paying a lot more in fuel costs than they do now for my A4 2.0 diesel which will achieve well 55 MPG on the motorway.

Of course I chose it partly because of the BiK, (hope this isn't changed if testing procedures alter), and partly because of the design and quality of the vehicle itself.

Of course the 5K grant means I can have a much better equipped vehicle as well.

It's a quandary really, I know that the C350e isn't really meant for high mileage users as that is where it is less efficient but selfishly I chose one because I'm going to be £200+ a month better off.

I'm just hoping that MPG will be at least reasonable, probably will encourage me to drive it much more frugally than my current A4 if nothing else :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom