C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello! May I ask if anyone knows whether any of the government grant eligible EV charging points are smart enough to automatically charge the vehicle at a prescribed time, for example during off-peaks hours when electricity costs are lower? The Schneider one seems to do this, but it is not clear how much it costs...

Thank you for your help and any advice!

Hello! May I ask if anyone knows whether any of the government grant eligible EV charging points are smart enough to automatically charge the vehicle at a prescribed time, for example during off-peaks hours when electricity costs are lower? The Schneider one seems to do this, but it is not clear how much it costs...

Thank you for your help and any advice!

Have no clue about manufacturers but why not use the car's smart device, app, to achieve the desire of using off peak power ?

I don't really know how to read this screen. I persuade myself that it is good news but what do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 113
All

Is this an app or just a website? I am picking up a 250d AMG Line tomorrow and wondered.

Many Thanks

Steve

Wow! That's great Snowy. The lack of AMG interior is one of the reasons I haven't committed to ordering a C350e.

Please can you tell me how much extra it is? And now wondering if you can get 18" AMG Line wheels too?

Are you in the UK?

Cheers. Ant.

Here's mine with 19" AMG rims. Also have the interior with black leather seats..

Last edited:
I don't really know how to read this screen. I persuade myself that it is good news but what do you think?
350e The good news is you are connected and receiving it but my view is it is essentially some remote user "information" and not sure I will get to carried away with what it all means.

Fuel level - this is factual let's you know if you need to fill up or charge for your next journey or have enough charge to preheat etc.

Range - Possibly fiction/prediction based on fuel level - is it also linked to prior recent driving behaviour, an unknown for me?

Consumption - Fact/accurate? - based on recent driving style let's you know the impact of this - getting better / worse. As for the actual figures clearly no where near the book values but do we really expect those? FYI yours are better than mine currently and I am applying a very sedate driving style - am I really bothered - not at this point just enjoying the ride and technology etc

All

Is this an app or just a website? I am picking up a 250d AMG Line tomorrow and wondered.

Many Thanks

Steve

It's an app from Mercedes web site but you need the car to be activated by the dealer.

As for the actual figures clearly no where near the book values but do we really expect those?

Hehe your so right, and most of the buyer probably chose rims and tires based on taste, not thinking to much on fuel usage, and do one really want to turn of the airconditioning?
For my case, I think not.

The good thing thought is that it can help us try to be more fuel efficient if we struggle a bit for it.

It will be interesting to follow the debate in the years to come on how car vendors calculates the values. For now all of them hold the focus close to the standards sett by EU and such. (maybe except for VW that is) :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if it calculates mpg using American gallons rather than imperial gallons, has anyone worked out the actual petrol used vs distance rather than relying on the onboard computer?

I'm wondering if it calculates mpg using American gallons rather than imperial gallons, has anyone worked out the actual petrol used vs distance rather than relying on the onboard computer?

Switch to liter, get the numbers you need from the info display.
Some work in calculator, and you should be good to go :)

Snowy

New C350e Estate Observations.

Achieving 36 MPG due to my current exploritory driving style that includes usage in Sports + / Hybrid and Charge Mode. I would suggest low to mid 40's a norm and if I was buying this car I would see this as very disappointing.

On full charge I get a electric range or 11 Miles (Air Con On) probably a little more with AC off, I guess some aspect of external Temperature and age of batteries would alter this. Anyone thinking of getting to work at 20 miles each way where charging at work may want to note this point, I would work on 11-13 miles each way.

The Battery has not gone below 26% and car will revert to ICE at this mark, I assume the last 25% would work with the ICE in Hybrid Mode.

I have the Estate with the bigger wheels the handling in my opinion is very good. I like the boot space with the exception of no under boot compartment just a small areas where I keep Emergency Scarf/Gloves/Wooly Hat for poor weather. (No chance for my folding Shovel)

I had the car in Sports + on Hybrid Mode and from standing start and the Torque is untrue and the acceleration was something I have never really experienced before in this type of car. (Reverting to normal driving style very quickly after that experience).

As you know the interior cabin is great, if the Car is in E-mode or driving in Electric within Hybrid Mode it really is just gliding, with the exception of tyre noise and especially on old asphalt, if in ICE it is still very quite and reminds me of cars such as the S Class Limo or 7 Series.

I tend to roll up at Home with always 100% Charge as i may use all the Electric Power in City and in Stop/Start traffic, then when 40 minutes from Home, I put in charge Mode and by the time I come off at J6 M5 I am back at 100% Charge due coasting and Braking. Needless to say this will cost you in MPG but I may plug in at 99%-100% and utilise the Pre Entry Climate Control in the morning. (Written as a Petrol Card user)

I was in Medium Stay in B'ham Airport Last Tuesday / Wednesday as the plane landed and we could turn our phones on I activated the C350e's heating from in the plane while waiting to get off and by the time I was at the car perfect Temp within Car.

When all said and dome I really love this car, it is a company car and will do 30k a year and at least in the early years of the Lease the BIK is great and quality level of the car is just the right fit for my circumstances.

I hope all current or future owners/CC Drivers enjoy the car as muck as I do.

Tx

B&O

Last edited:

I posed that question in a mail to Mercedes, because I noticed that there is an option in Settings in the app to US gallons but no other option available, greyed out. Sadly I never got a reply :(

Achieving 36 MPG due to my current exploritory driving style that includes usage in Sports + / Hybrid and Charge Mode. I would suggest low to mid 40's a norm and if I was buying this car I would see this as very disappointing.

On full charge I get a electric range or 11 Miles (Air Con On) probably a little more with AC off, I guess some aspect of external Temperature and age of batteries would alter this. Anyone thinking of getting to work at 20 miles each way where charging at work may want to note this point, I would work on 11-13 miles each way.

The Battery has not gone below 26% and car will revert to ICE at this mark, I assume the last 25% would work with the ICE in Hybrid Mode.

I have the Estate with the bigger wheels the handling in my opinion is very good. I like the boot space with the exception of no under boot compartment just a small areas where I keep Emergency Scarf/Gloves/Wooly Hat for poor weather. (No chance for my folding Shovel)

I had the car in Sports + on Hybrid Mode and from standing start and the Torque is untrue and the acceleration was something I have never really experienced before in this type of car. (Reverting to normal driving style very quickly after that experience).

As you know the interior cabin is great, if the Car is in E-mode or driving in Electric within Hybrid Mode it really is just gliding, with the exception of tyre noise and especially on old asphalt, if in ICE it is still very quite and reminds me of cars such as the S Class Limo or 7 Series.

I tend to roll up at Home with always 100% Charge as i may use all the Electric Power in City and in Stop/Start traffic, then when 40 minutes from Home, I put in charge Mode and by the time I come off at J6 M5 I am back at 100% Charge due coasting and Braking. Needless to say this will cost you in MPG but I may plug in at 99%-100% and utilise the Pre Entry Climate Control in the morning. (Written as a Petrol Card user)

I was in Medium Stay in B'ham Airport Last Tuesday / Wednesday as the plane landed and we could turn our phones on I activated the C350e's heating from in the plane while waiting to get off and by the time I was at the car perfect Temp within Car.

When all said and dome I really love this car, it is a company car and will do 30k a year and at least in the early years of the Lease the BIK is great and quality level of the car is just the right fit for my circumstances.

Tx

B&O

Nice report, thank you.
I agree about the range, 11 miles or so , but I have persuaded myself it is better than that. I regularly travel just over 20 miles for one trip I make and I have noticed the ICE engages, very silently, after about 10 / 11 miles, depends on the rate of climb up a rising road. Important thing to note is that once on the level or going down hill the journey is electric again. I have said before that to really discover the effect of hybrid one would need to set up a camera focused on the rev counter. Damn engine is so quiet when it engages that the difference between the two modes is very difficult to monitor. I have a feeling that the journey actually is more hybrid than ICE :)

Tx

B&O

Great review B&O, agree that the overall economy looks very disappointing once you engage the ICE but like you I am having far too much fun with the warp pedal.

Totally addicted to the red glow from the nav screen when switching to Sport + but do try to drive incredibly frugally when in Eco or Comfort, it's really weird how the car has such distinct personalities.

4 month review

I have had my saloon since August and covered 2,000 miles. Car is awesome and still looks stunning.
My commute is only 18 miles in traffic so by charging each evening (only takes 2 hours on standard socket so decided no need to pay for a chargemaster) I have averaged 68 mpg. As I do not need to go on motorways I am probably get the best that can be achieved.
The acceleration is truly amazing not only from rest but when already moving but after a few seconds you then reach the speed limit too soon.
The interior is exceptional and I enjoy having all my music on a usb that works seamlessly with sat nav and phone.
The led lighting is impressive at this time of year even the number plates have it.
MB need to correct the lack of outside temp (rather than have two time displays) and I have yet to find a public charging station that works with the female headed cables supplied. I have sent messages to MB connect me but have yet to receive any replies.
Overall I am still very impressed shame the summer has ended. The can be either very quick or very economical but not really both but at least we have the choice. I took out the service option and strangely I am looking forward to its first service, so far the car has been perfect and I had no need to visit the dealership.

I have had my saloon since August and covered 2,000 miles. Car is awesome and still looks stunning.
My commute is only 18 miles in traffic so by charging each evening (only takes 2 hours on standard socket so decided no need to pay for a chargemaster) I have averaged 68 mpg. As I do not need to go on motorways I am probably get the best that can be achieved.
The acceleration is truly amazing not only from rest but when already moving but after a few seconds you then reach the speed limit too soon.
The interior is exceptional and I enjoy having all my music on a usb that works seamlessly with sat nav and phone.
The led lighting is impressive at this time of year even the number plates have it.
MB need to correct the lack of outside temp (rather than have two time displays) and I have yet to find a public charging station that works with the female headed cables supplied. I have sent messages to MB connect me but have yet to receive any replies.
Overall I am still very impressed shame the summer has ended. The can be either very quick or very economical but not really both but at least we have the choice. I took out the service option and strangely I am looking forward to its first service, so far the car has been perfect and I had no need to visit the dealership.

Glad to read all is well. I have covered half your mileage in my car and am also very happy.

Slightly surprised by your remarks about the charge cable. I have had no problems whatsoever connecting to a Chargemaster pod. I can only think that your cable is damaged in some way ?

Probably already been mentioned, but which charging socket type does the C350e have? Type 1 or 2?

Excellent news. Which service provider are you using when connected ?
It's Three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom