C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've noticed tonight it's updated the eco stuff, fuel tank level, trip mpg etc but doesn't show charging and charging finished emails aren't coming through, had to manually check it was done.

Last night I checked to see if the delayed charging for off-peak electricity was working. And it was. No more timer switch for me.

Shame they didn't 'do a Tesla' and give us a bigger battery but publish it smaller. The S60 has a 75kWh battery so can tolerate "100%" charges no bother.

I think Tesla are the same ... they normally only charge to 90% and you have to force it to charge to 100%. However they don't recommend doing it unless you really need the extra range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well well well. I have a C350e for a weekend test drive. What a car! A dream to drive, either around town on e-mode or cursing up and down the M4 in hybrid.

Only another 2 months to wait until my premium plus arrives.... I CANT WAIT!

Well well well. I have a C350e for a weekend test drive. What a car! A dream to drive, either around town on e-mode or cursing up and down the M4 in hybrid.

The test drive just beat the delivery then? They are not quick...

Nearly had my car for a year now. Most annoying thing... A real 1st world problem.... Not being able to get the pre-entry climate control to work via app on a cold Winters morning! Props due to poor mobile signal in the car.

I think Tesla are the same ... they normally only charge to 90% and you have to force it to charge to 100%. However they don't recommend doing it unless you really need the extra range

Indeed, that was my badly put(!) point really, the S60 is actually an S75 but with a software limit, so they can happily be charged to 100% of the 60kWh because that is only 80% of actual battery capacity. All the other models have the same 90% limitation applied for 'normal' charging. The C350e battery is a nominal 6.2kWh but in practice we probably only get to use closer to 4kWh of it? Confess I've not actually measured how much energy gets put in on a charge, must try and remember to do that next time.

Maybe one day MB will offer a battery upgrade kit using one of Prof Goodenough's new sodium/glass batteries.......

The small range is something of a dissapointment I guess, but not a big one. My main issue is still the truly awful noise the ICE makes at idle and low revs.

Hi Leo007, how you swing the test drive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nearly had my car for a year now. Most annoying thing... A real 1st world problem.... Not being able to get the pre-entry climate control to work via app on a cold Winters morning! Props due to poor mobile signal in the car.

I would be gutted if that didn't work. One of my favourite features. Have you tried using the fob from inside your house. I believe that can work. Also - could you set the time when you're away from home, where the signal is better

Don't know if anyone can help, is it possible to get safety camera locations on the comand c350e system to work and show on the sat nav

Many thanks

Don't know if anyone can help, is it possible to get safety camera locations on the comand c350e system to work and show on the sat nav

Many thanks

Yes definitely possible on a 2016 car and you can get audible warnings. Head over to go pocket GPS world.

It's no longer possible on a 2017 E class which p1sses me off. I assume they haven't removed the functional from the C class COMAND

I would be gutted if that didn't work. One of my favourite features. Have you tried using the fob from inside your house. I believe that can work. Also - could you set the time when you're away from home, where the signal is better

Signal at our office is pretty crap, pre-entry there works about 70% of the time.

I'd forgotten about the engine off stat. I think that's because I know it counts coasting and braking time. My previous diesel car would have used no fuel coasting or braking, because the engine would be turned by the car's momentum. Counting it as "bonus miles" seems a bit over the top.

Even though I'd prefer the car to use no petrol at all, I often make sure the engine comes on for a short stretch of accelerating uphill near home that I need to do quite often. It feels like I could easily use over a mile of electric range on that 200-300 yard stretch, but I have no idea whether using the engine for this is a good thing from an efficiency or environmental perspective.

When I drove to Wigan from Sussex, the bonus miles was quite a bit more than the engine off....not sure where those bonuses were going.....

Yes definitely possible on a 2016 car and you can get audible warnings. Head over to go pocket GPS world.

It's no longer possible on a 2017 E class which p1sses me off. I assume they haven't removed the functional from the C class COMAND

I visited the MB site for updating the Garmin map a few months ago. Rarely have I encountered a less useful service. I gave up after encountering problem after problem with no access to support. Really should go back and try again, but I'm not sure I have the strength.

Where's the detailed manual for the Sat Nav?

Every now and then I get a message about there being a better route but it disappears after a short while and I can't find how to to select it. The brief overview doc is no use and Google hasn't helped, so where do I find the documentation?

Wow! Got my C350e yesterday and 200 miles in I'm mightily impressed, its smoother than my 3yr old E class. The hybrid takes a bit of getting used to and I did the electric in after about 13 miles but averaged 40.3mpg cross country on mostly B roads and I'm happy with that. Charge it in the morning as the next couple of days will be short journeys on electric.

Every now and then I get a message about there being a better route but it disappears after a short while and I can't find how to to select it. The brief overview doc is no use and Google hasn't helped, so where do I find the documentation?

The Mercedes user guide is utterly useless. https://mans.io/item/Garmin/Map-Pilot-for-Mercedes-Benz is available online, but Garmin are almost as bad as Mercedes at user guides.

I had the same problem as you last time a traffic alert came up. I think I pressed the controller wheel and a couple of options popped up to offer the original route or the alternative route, but I may forgotten exactly what happened because I'm pretty sure there was some random clicking and cursing going on as well.

I think if you bring up the scroll thing that appears at the bottom of the screen there's a "yellow box" (can't remember what it's called - possibly route details) that now has a 1 in the top left. Click on this and you can select the alt. Route.

I think if you bring up the scroll thing that appears at the bottom of the screen there's a "yellow box" (can't remember what it's called - possibly route details) that now has a 1 in the top left. Click on this and you can select the alt. Route.

Is anyone seeing any positive changes from the conectme mobile app update yesterday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tyre wear at 5mm here on 17" Hankooks after nearly 11k.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom