C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Equivalent MPG
I'm continuing to monitor fuel and electricity usage to estimate the equivalent MPG once electricity cost is taken into account. Here's the latest data in case anyone is interested.

DateMilesMPGMPLlitres usedcost / litrepetrol costelectricity usedcost / kWhelectricity costtotal fuel costequivalent litresequivalent MPLequivalent MPG
4/5/21​
1677​
49.60​
10.91​
153.71​
1.24​
190.59​
252.07​
0.15​
37.86​
228.46​
184.24​
9.10​
41.38​
4/8/21​
4188​
51.40​
11.31​
370.41​
1.24​
459.31​
500.92​
0.15​
75.24​
534.55​
431.08​
9.72​
44.17​
6/10/21​
6361​
52.30​
11.50​
552.92​
1.36​
751.97​
746.50​
0.21​
153.63​
905.60​
665.88​
9.55​
43.43​

Does anyone have a fuse blowing issue with their charging cable?
I only have the standard charging cable (UK 3 pin plug) and when I use it the fuse will blow once in a while. The plug also get's very hot, the fuse get's hot enough to char the surrounding area in the plug! The cable does not get hot and it's plugged into an extension purpose built for the use with a built in breaker (that never trips) I tend to charge with the four lights flashing, should I only be using the two lights flashing mode?

Equivalent MPG
I'm continuing to monitor fuel and electricity usage to estimate the equivalent MPG once electricity cost is taken into account. Here's the latest data in case anyone is interested.

DateMilesMPGMPLlitres usedcost / litrepetrol costelectricity usedcost / kWhelectricity costtotal fuel costequivalent litresequivalent MPLequivalent MPG
4/5/21​
1677​
49.60​
10.91​
153.71​
1.24​
190.59​
252.07​
0.15​
37.86​
228.46​
184.24​
9.10​
41.38​
4/8/21​
4188​
51.40​
11.31​
370.41​
1.24​
459.31​
500.92​
0.15​
75.24​
534.55​
431.08​
9.72​
44.17​
6/10/21​
6361​
52.30​
11.50​
552.92​
1.36​
751.97​
746.50​
0.21​
153.63​
905.60​
665.88​
9.55​
43.43​
Where are you getting your electricity at 15p per kw?

How to reset the radio/nav system in a 2017 C350e estate?

The interface to my nav and radio is getting slower over time so I'd like to reset it, but there doesn't seem to be a reset function in the interface so I presume I need to pull some fuses, but which ones and where are they hidden? FYI I've updated to the latest (Garmin) maps, reset the nav to defaults and cleared the "recently found" list.
I put this down to over the air software updates. Mine was fine when I got it (66 plate I've owned for two years) but since an over the air update a few months ago it is sometimes ludicrously slow to respond to any input, although it is sometimes just fine?!

Emode unavailable and engine sounding rough

No dashboard warnings and the car will still take a charge but the emode is unavailable since Friday and in Hybrid mode it is only using the petrol engine, so poor economy and performance. :fail

Anyone else had this before and is there a way to reboot the system without the need to take the time out going to MB?
Hi, about your problem of E-Mode unavailable, you solve this? Thank you!

Hi, about your problem of E-Mode unavailable, you solve this? Thank you!
I have had this happen a few times this year, once it reset overnight when the car was shut down.
The other times it has become available after a short period of driving.
It has happened to me if I select Sport mode by mistake, E-mode shows as unavailable and the car just drives in Hybrid with engine running.
Try getting the car to brake using regenerative braking, slowing the car in this way should shut the engine off and drive using the battery.

I have had this happen a few times this year, once it reset overnight when the car was shut down.
It has happened to me if I select Sport mode by mistake, E-mode shows as unavailable and the car just drives in Hybrid with engine running.
Try getting the car to brake using regenerative braking, slowing the car in this way should shut the engine off and drive using the battery.
Hi!

My problem
My problem was the 12v battery. It has been replaced and everything is working.

Hi!

My problem

My problem was the 12v battery. It has been replaced and everything is working.
Hi, don’t think that’s what caused it on mine as my 12 volt is healthy but good to know.
Thanks.

Hello!

I've had my 2018 C350e for 3 months now and curious what MB has specced as recommended tyre pressures in the UK? My 2018 C350e in the US comes w/ the staggered 18s and the fuel filler door calls out 36 front, 41 rear (psi). Those seemed pretty high. I experimented with lowering them to 32 and 35 and the ride was better but not sure if it's safe longer term.

Anyone have an idea to help.
Gave the car in for a service B last month. All done.
Get a call two weeks later saying my parts arrived.???
They forgot to do the spark plugs. So I asked why they told me it was all done and fine and they did everything they had in stock.
So I've just handed the car back in to do the spark plugs and as soon as I started it there's a red battery light coming on and it's beeping
Sitting here because I gave it back but the guy tried to say it was there before and maybe there was a underlying fault.

They said the grounding wires gone for the hybrid system and they don't know why. He tried to blame rodent damage and said that's not covered under warranty.
There's no courtesy cars so looks like an uber to go home.

They said the grounding wires gone for the hybrid system and they don't know why. He tried to blame rodent damage and said that's not covered under warranty.
There's no courtesy cars so looks like an uber to go home.

If not covered by warranty, you should have asked for the damaged parts for yourself and have a look. Any idea if it was some low voltage grounding for control units and such or ground some high voltage units? The latter should be really well protected.

Sorry! Better to clear it up.
They said they inspected it but there's no visible damage. He said the spark plugs are at the front and this cables at the back. He couldn't see anything wrong but... The way he's saying rodent damage is excluded, it just made me feel like an excuse is coming. Anyway, they said they didn't do anything wrong although the fault wasn't there before I gave it in. I charged the car last night all fine and have all the charging data from the charging point app so I just don't know.

Had a question, they classed it as a breakdown and used the Mercedes breakdown policy to give me a courtesy car through rac. Does it impact the car in the future eg I can't have it again or it goes on the cars history?

I really don't understand why it is doing this. But I have my C350e setup for pre-entry climate to preheat the cabin (and the battery?) to prepare for using the car. I set the departure time. And the cabin is warm when I get to the car, but for some reason it does use up the battery for doing the pre-heating?
Before the pre-heating begins the car is fully charged, and it is plugged in. The charger is set to the "two LED-option" which is the quickest charging.
How come it uses the battery for pre-heating and not the electricity from the plugged in cable while retaining the charge?
Thank you!

I really don't understand why it is doing this. But I have my C350e setup for pre-entry climate to preheat the cabin (and the battery?) to prepare for using the car. I set the departure time. And the cabin is warm when I get to the car, but for some reason it does use up the battery for doing the pre-heating?
Before the pre-heating begins the car is fully charged, and it is plugged in. The charger is set to the "two LED-option" which is the quickest charging.
How come it uses the battery for pre-heating and not the electricity from the plugged in cable while retaining the charge?
Thank you!

Are you using the single phase "temporary" charger? The electric heater takes way more current than the charger can provide, not even the wall-box can provide enough current for the heater and the rest is taken from the battery. Later models with a 2-phase wall-box charger should be able to pre-heat the car without help from the high voltage battery.

Are you using the single phase "temporary" charger? The electric heater takes way more current than the charger can provide, not even the wall-box can provide enough current for the heater and the rest is taken from the battery. Later models with a 2-phase wall-box charger should be able to pre-heat the car without help from the high voltage battery.
I use this one for charging the car, on the "fast charge mode" which pulls 13A I think:

FaultyGenuine-Mercedes-B-C-E-S-Class-Hybrid.jpg

So this charger is not enough for only preheating the car? Because the car is fully charged when the preheating begins, and while plugged in I almost loose all my charge.
Would my 2016 C350e be able to preheat the car while keeping 100% if I installed a real wall charger?

I use this one for charging the car, on the "fast charge mode" which pulls 13A I think:

So this charger is not enough for only preheating the car? Because the car is fully charged when the preheating begins, and while plugged in I almost loose all my charge.
Would my 2016 C350e be able to preheat the car while keeping 100% if I installed a real wall charger?

A wallbox would charge at 16A but I'm afraid it would still not be enough for pre-heating, a bit better though. The 2016 has a single phase charging port at 3.7 kW, only the c300e (and the like) have a two phase port (some later models have 11 kW 3-phase capability).

A wallbox would charge at 16A but I'm afraid it would still not be enough for pre-heating, a bit better though. The 2016 has a single phase charging port at 3.7 kW, only the c300e (and the like) have a two phase port (some later models have 11 kW 3-phase capability).
Oh, so there really is no solution to this with the C350e then? I noticed in the colder weather we have now it really drains the battery. There is no setting to start the pre heating earlier while drawing less power (not using the battery)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom