C63 507 Edition Wide arch project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
sorry guys, i actually found them on eBay,
although have to say the quality is fantastic. They are metal decals, 90mmx6mm with heat resistant foil backing. was around £15.00

They so seem to have a MB part number though so could be original (if MB do them)

Can confirm those badges Lee recommend are great quality! They fit my wheels, I couldn’t find any for love nor money beforehand. Have asked the seller if they can source silver with black writing to match my wheels, that or I’ll get the bottom part of the surround cut to match the alloy rim

FD30C5DF-7584-46C8-9E97-B6A27631F11E.jpeg

Can confirm those badges Lee recommend are great quality! They fit my wheels, I couldn’t find any for love nor money beforehand. Have asked the seller if they can source silver with black writing to match my wheels, that or I’ll get the bottom part of the surround cut to match the alloy rim

View attachment 92476
They look great! I wouldn't mind some for my wheels. Do you have a link to the actual product on ebay? I want to make sure I get the right ones rather than an inferior product. Many thanks

Yeah That. Hahaha cheers for finding the link dude. I went online to get the link and ended up looking at detailing products :wallbash:

Seeing as such bad weather was forecast for this weekend I went to bodyshop on Friday to collect all the exterior plastic trims from the car so I could give them a clean and get them coated before going back on the car... Its taken me an entire day all the plastic from the bumper alone, I truly didn't realise how long this would take, and after 2 hours had begun to wonder if it was all worth it.

thumbnail_WP_20200216_09_42_39_Pro.jpg

Finally finished, they are now complete with 2 coats of SI02 based coating and look like brand new again and ready for re fitting. Despite the long process of doing this its actually been very relaxing.
thumbnail_WP_20200216_13_27_07_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20200216_15_02_51_Pro.jpg

Now looking forward to the week ahead, cant wait to see the progress by the end of the week.. Fingers crossed the car should be in full primer, possibly base coat.

Ye gods. This had better be a perfect build. If it fails it could be an early bath featuring razors and wrists.

Ye gods. This had better be a perfect build. If it fails it could be an early bath featuring razors and wrists.

dude, this project has started anxiety attacks...
but I'm so far in there is no way back now. I have total trust in the guys at Golding Barn, that said my finger nails have gone and I'm now down to my toe nails!!!!

Lee, will you be re-adding the side decals after? Just thinking how unique (in a good way) it would be if so!

yes buddy they are going back on, I've had to have them made as the OEM ones are too short by about 35mm , but they are being made in the same MACTAC PRO vinyl , and the template was taken from the original set of decals so they will look spot on.

The wings are off now, and going into primer stages

Golding-Barn-Garage-merc-C63-wide-arch-4-1-1536x865.jpg

Golding-Barn-garage-Merc-C63-wide-arches-8-1536x865.jpg

Golding-Barn-garage-Merc-C63-wide-arches-4-1536x865.jpg

Respect to you Lee for offering up your car. Also to the guys at Golding Barn for taking the project when the price of failure would be:

569px-Codex_Magliabechiano_(141_cropped)_0.jpg

dude, this project has started anxiety attacks...
but I'm so far in there is no way back now. I have total trust in the guys at Golding Barn, that said my finger nails have gone and I'm now down to my toe nails!!!!

Anxiety attacks? Oh come on.... quite a drama queen.... ! LOL

Thats the fun of modding. You have a vision for your car, you build/mod it to your liking.

Anxiety attacks? Oh come on.... quite a drama queen.... ! LOL

Thats the fun of modding. You have a vision for your car, you build/mod it to your liking.

I think this is more than just a “Mod”
The car is literally having an open triple bypass surgery

I think this is more than just a “Mod”
The car is literally having an open triple bypass surgery
And it wasn't broke. Old motto: If it ain't broke fix it 'til it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom