C63 507 Model Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Terrible

Attachments

• 09C3EBC1-1A79-485C-8F12-520B237D6C9F.gif
    09C3EBC1-1A79-485C-8F12-520B237D6C9F.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 30
Just had the tint film done, have to say it looks bloody awful, the dot matrix (where the tint doesn’t sit), has left me a white line all the way across.
Just got a price from Mercedes parts £450 for the rear windscreen and 2 side windows. I’m thinking to get it done. A lot better and neater Finish as suppose to a film.
Just need to find a good installer
That's less than I thought it would be. You may even be able to sell the old parts to someone who doesn't like privacy glass?

They've not done a very good job TBH. The privacy film on our E class covers the dots much better than that.

That's less than I thought it would be. You may even be able to sell the old parts to someone who doesn't like privacy glass?

They've not done a very good job TBH. The privacy film on our E class covers the dots much better than that.

I was quite surprised too! The tint is just awful. Especially wheee the dot matrix sits, just looks tacky and not right

That’s the idea. Just hunting for a good installer, May visit Mercedes Manchester who have a in-house body shop to get an installation price. As it’s not a workshop job due to calibrations etc...

Reactions: Yex
I was quite surprised too! The tint is just awful. Especially wheee the dot matrix sits, just looks tacky and not right

That’s the idea. Just hunting for a good installer, May visit Mercedes Manchester who have a in-house body shop to get an installation price. As it’s not a workshop job due to calibrations etc...
It is difficult to cover the dots but not as bad as that. Here's the rear screen on our E350

Attachments

• Rear Window tint.jpg
    Rear Window tint.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 14
It is difficult to cover the dots but not as bad as that. Here's the rear screen on our E350

To be honest personally I think the coupes should have had privacy glass as standard. Really a little modification transforms the entire car and it’s lines.
I think I may bite the bullet and get it done. At least it’s all factory. And not a shoddy tint job. Labor depending..

Reg HK63 PUJ
FY14 YYN
KY63 ZRK
Hi @Lizn121
You have been busy :)
I do have those but keep 'em coming. Would be great to find the 6 missing ones.
LD14 LNN is owned by another forum member, although not seen on here for over 6 months
HK63 PUJ is the one that @mez1222 has sold to Millenium Heroes
I don't know who owns the other three cars
KY63 ZRK is probably the best specced of all of the estates. One of only 2 that I've seen with factory LSD

Would be good to put faces to cars if anyone knows the owners.

Looking at the date, that would have been the original owner who had the car from Jan to May 2014. Car was originally registered near Portsmouth.
There's an option in the search to put a Reg number in, And searches that Reg. Mines not on atm. Maybe need to get out more :)

Just watched this. Wow. Bet that cost a fortune
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@PhilLinda another one for the board. Coupe black

Just watched this. Wow. Bet that cost a fortune
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@PhilLinda another one for the board. Coupe black
I don't know for sure but you must be looking at around £1,000 for something like that. I remember when the car was listed last November they put a link to this video in the advert.

I had to fast forward quite a bit of it. An hour is a long time to watch a car being polished ;)

I don't know for sure but you must be looking at around £1,000 for something like that. I remember when the car was listed last November they put a link to this video in the advert.

I had to fast forward quite a bit of it. An hour is a long time to watch a car being polished ;)

I think I know which one it was up for sale now. Not sure if he sold it? Not on now though..

Attachments

• 03572894-9719-4342-93FD-F69A46067492.jpeg
    03572894-9719-4342-93FD-F69A46067492.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 36EB1B1C-EADC-4752-840B-D946693B0B89.jpeg
    36EB1B1C-EADC-4752-840B-D946693B0B89.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 26
Obviously well respected if he's allowed to build engines for the BS too :thumb:

Would be great to have details of who built the engine for each of the 507's on my list but not sure that the dealers would appreciate me emailing them for that info. Some of them don't even like giving me the Registration :rolleyes:

Found them all on:
Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupé Edition 507

Car spotting site
Interesting website. Looked by plate and didn't find anything, but then went through model and country and found my old C63 photographed in Poland, when I left it at the hotel car park for couple of days. My SLK55 with the same plate is there too (badly parked), also in Poland. You can't hide or run away from cameras these days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom