C63 507 Model Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Damp microfibre cloth, followed by a dry one and then a suede brush to bring the fibres back up. Then when that doesn't work, retrim.

Mercedes use Dinamica which isn't as nice as alcantara so on first retrim with someone like Royal Steering Wheels it can be changed for alcantara.

View attachment 87067 Morning, does anyone know what sort of security fitting this is? One on either side of the rear diffuser and not so easy to get at, so I think having the right bit is crucial as damaging it with the wrong one would leave you with a real headache. Thanks in advance. Simon.
When I took the rear diffuser off on my 2014 C63 coupe it had the same fixings. They were pop rivets and I just drilled them out and when I replaced the diffuser I used two small bolts and two washers and nylocs, much easier.
Hope that helps.
Andrew.

Damp microfibre cloth, followed by a dry one and then a suede brush to bring the fibres back up. Then when that doesn't work, retrim.

Mercedes use Dinamica which isn't as nice as alcantara so on first retrim with someone like Royal Steering Wheels it can be changed for alcantara.

Never had myself down as a ‘brush my steering wheel’ kinda guy before !

This car is having strange effects on me...

So long as only car guys see you doing it... :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well that’s it, my missus is gonna think I’ve finally tipped over the edge when I start manicuring and ‘fluffing up’ my steering wheel...

Have you got a problem with the diffuser or swapping for a different one ?
Hi Andy no I just wanted access to the tail pipes to clean them up as they are the only scruffy bit on the car as taking them off isn't an option for me. Looks like I will have to preserve and do the best I can. Cheers.

So long as only car guys see you doing it... :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Brilliant! I did something similar with mine and it came up a treat. My wife and neighbours already believe I have lost it>>>>

When I took the rear diffuser off on my 2014 C63 coupe it had the same fixings. They were pop rivets and I just drilled them out and when I replaced the diffuser I used two small bolts and two washers and nylocs, much easier.
Hope that helps.
Andrew.
It does thanks - it's going to be tricky to get a drill in there. Many thanks.

Hi Andy no I just wanted access to the tail pipes to clean them up as they are the only scruffy bit on the car as taking them off isn't an option for me. Looks like I will have to preserve and do the best I can. Cheers.

The underside can be sorted quite easily (if you’re lying in your back ) with wire wool and metal polish. Don’t be afraid to give it a good rub. The ends will be pitted due to exhaust gases , moisture etc. The top can be cleaned up with a long strip of an old t shirt with plenty of metal polish fed over the tip and pulled from side to side. Takes a while but it will work. Good luck :thumb:

Reactions: Yex
The underside can be sorted quite easily (if you’re lying in your back ) with wire wool and metal polish. Don’t be afraid to give it a good rub. The ends will be pitted due to exhaust gases , moisture etc. The top can be cleaned up with a long strip of an old t shirt with plenty of metal polish fed over the tip and pulled from side to side. Takes a while but it will work. Good luck :thumb:
Yes I will try this first, the undersides are pretty good it’s more the tops and end lips. Might try a long strip of fine wet and dry on the top prior to metal polish. Cheers

Yes I will try this first, the undersides are pretty good it’s more the tops and end lips. Might try a long strip of fine wet and dry on the top prior to metal polish. Cheers

Some tar remover on top, left for half an hour will soften a lot of the cra@ on there. The tops do appear to collect a lot of tar and bits of grit. The actual ends will have corrosion but wire wool does clean it up.

Some tar remover on top, left for half an hour will soften a lot of the cra@ on there. The tops do appear to collect a lot of tar and bits of grit. The actual ends will have corrosion but wire wool does clean it up.
Next weeks job as away a bit this week. Will give it a go. Keep you posted.

As soon as I’ve finished fluffing my steering wheel I’ll be polishing my tailpipe...

F413E17E-D030-43D0-9CB5-BEB717DAC677.jpeg Guys, is this on your register?

Plate: OD60 ODO

Owner says it’s a 507, but I’m not convinced. Wheels and bonnet were damaged apparently so have been replaced by regular items

Autotrader valuation check puts it at probably the cheapest 507 in the UK and I’ve done a reg check on a friends 507 and it does read ‘507’ on there, but with this one it does not

In no way by any means is it to belittle the chap, in the back of my mind I think he may of purchased what he thought was a 507 when it’s not! Let’s hope he didn’t pay 507 money :devil:

View attachment 87128 Guys, is this on your register?

Plate: OD60 ODO

Owner says it’s a 507, but I’m not convinced. Wheels and bonnet were damaged apparently so have been replaced by regular items

Autotrader valuation check puts it at probably the cheapest 507 in the UK and I’ve done a reg check on a friends 507 and it does read ‘507’ on there, but with this one it does not

In no way by any means is it to belittle the chap, in the back of my mind I think he may of purchased what he thought was a 507 when it’s not! Let’s hope he didn’t pay 507 money :devil:

Ash

Any photos of the interior? Dash plaque, gear leaver and steering wheel should give a better indication of its heritage , unless they were also damaged :dk:

Cheers guys, I had a feeling. Sadly I think he overpaid for it last year especially if you see the estimate price for it now, it’s probably more depreciation than anything I’ve seen in 1 year!

Just putting the reg in GoCompare throws it up as C63 Coupe. Hard to see how anyone could have bought it as an Edition 507 :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom