C63 507 Model Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yes it is, i bought it from Brooklands , and they did a lot of work to the car before i collected it, i only found the small chips when i was detailing the car the following week. It doesn't "Need" a full respray its just a few chips on each door and 1 front wing, i just don't like smart repairing and colour variation between panels, hence why i opted to have both sides done in a paint shop.

I've also looked on trader, but most are not main dealer, and won't have a manufacture warranty.

If it was missing decals, And was in need of a lot of work, I personally wouldn’t have touched it, Regardless it comes with a warranty or not. As these 204’s hardly go wrong (Speaking to a few owners).

Guess how desperate you were at the time On purchasing one etc..

Me personally, If investing such an amount. I’d want it right before parting with any funds. I’d take it back to brooklands and get the dealer principal involved, To get things put right..
You Shouldn’t have to be out of pocket.
When you commit with a purchase from a main Mercedes agent it all must be addressed. I’d take it back to them

If it was missing decals, And was in need of a lot of work, I personally wouldn’t have touched it, Regardless it comes with a warranty or not. As these 204’s hardly go wrong (Speaking to a few owners).

Guess how desperate you were at the time On purchasing one etc..

Me personally, If investing such an amount. I’d want it right before parting with any funds. I’d take it back to brooklands and get the dealer principal involved, To get things put right..
You Shouldn’t have to be out of pocket.
When you commit with a purchase from a main Mercedes agent it all must be addressed. I’d take it back to them

The car didn't need that much work IMO, otherwise I wouldn't.
The bodywork was ok, just had a few chips, that didn't concern me too much, any 6yr old car would have.

They replaced the car with new discs, pads, tyres, aircon unit, drivers side entry system, and passenger side door lock and full service.

All was ok until it went into a bodyshop to have the stone chips sorted, then the door wouldn't unlock, it then went back to Brooklands on Friday to have it fixed, I emailed the sales manager, service team, and customer complaints department, all at the same time to explain the full issues I had and also complained about the stone chips to the doors and wing that wasn't corrected when I collected the car.

I had an email back on Monday AM, from all departments saying that it was being looked into and that they would take care of all my concerns.
Today, I had a call from the service department, explaining that the door module and handle needs replacing, and will be done free of charge.
Then to my shock, I also got a call from complaints dept and the sales manager at 4pm telling me that while they are waiting on parts for the entry system that my car is in the bodyshop having all the paint work corrected and the decals applied Free of charge as they should have been done prior to collection.

So all in all its turned out right. and I'm several thousand pounds better off, the only bummer is that I had already bought the decals for the car, so my next plan is to try and get a refund for those.

The car didn't need that much work IMO, otherwise I wouldn't.
The bodywork was ok, just had a few chips, that didn't concern me too much, any 6yr old car would have.

They replaced the car with new discs, pads, tyres, aircon unit, drivers side entry system, and passenger side door lock and full service.

All was ok until it went into a bodyshop to have the stone chips sorted, then the door wouldn't unlock, it then went back to Brooklands on Friday to have it fixed, I emailed the sales manager, service team, and customer complaints department, all at the same time to explain the full issues I had and also complained about the stone chips to the doors and wing that wasn't corrected when I collected the car.

I had an email back on Monday AM, from all departments saying that it was being looked into and that they would take care of all my concerns.
Today, I had a call from the service department, explaining that the door module and handle needs replacing, and will be done free of charge.
Then to my shock, I also got a call from complaints dept and the sales manager at 4pm telling me that while they are waiting on parts for the entry system that my car is in the bodyshop having all the paint work corrected and the decals applied Free of charge as they should have been done prior to collection.

So all in all its turned out right. and I'm several thousand pounds better off, the only bummer is that I had already bought the decals for the car, so my next plan is to try and get a refund for those.

Now that is a result!

If they don't take the decals back it would be worth posting them on here for sale, im sure a few people on here would like some spares.

Dan

Anybody on here own the (what looked like) white 507 I've just driven past in Heath, Chesterfield on the back of a low loader?

Very quiet in here!

Any updates @LeeJV ?

Dan
Hi Dan
Thanks for asking matey.... its been a long time waiting this week so far.
The sales exec rang me on Monday to let me know that the decals had been ordered for the car and said he would be in contact again to let me know progress, but he is off today so don't expect to hear anything more till tomorrow.

The service manager called me today at 4pm to let me know that the locking system had been fixed with new handle, lock and module, and are waiting for it to come back from their bodyshop (possibly Thursday) so they could then rebuild the door, door card, trims switches etc etc. Fingers crossed for Saturday!!!!!

as for being quiet in here,
I guessed it was because you are all out DRIVING YOUR 507's!!!:(

I will be tomorrow morning for the monthly Essex PistonHeads breakfast meet followed by a cross country blat to see my mum :thumb:

as for being quiet in here,
I guessed it was because you are all out DRIVING YOUR 507's!!!:(

I drive mine usually 5 days a week. I had a blast today in London traffic.

Re; OEM 507 side decals

Just to let you all know, that the OEM Decals that I purchased from MB and took to my Graphics Company are now available for purchase.
All complete sets are £100.00 per set Inc postage.
They have shown me a produced set against the originals and are exactly the same.

The original Vinyl is Mactac Pro 9800 series that has a life of 5 to 7yrs once fitted to the cars. This is still available although Only now in gloss finish. as the satin/matt version is no longer available From Mactac.
thumbnail_WP_20190711_14_00_20_Pro.jpg thumbnail_WP_20190711_14_00_20_Pro.jpg

However, They have managed to find another Brand that has a the same colour in both satin and gloss finish but has an 8yr life once fitted.

Satin Finish
thumbnail_WP_20190711_14_01_02_Pro.jpg
Gloss Finish
thumbnail_WP_20190711_14_01_48_Pro.jpg

This is the Original Matt Mactac pro
thumbnail_WP_20190711_13_44_03_Pro.jpg

we'll I did question it, and asked how that MB are supplying them in the original finish, he said that it could have been a special order for MB only, or that they have been made in a large quantity and stored.
when i originally took the decals to him he said that they were made some time ago due to the fact that the application tape had yellowed slightly.

but again, it's not all bad, the new vinyl is a better quality and when you put the 2 together you can't tell the difference anyway.

Re; OEM 507 side decals

Just to let you all know, that the OEM Decals that I purchased from MB and took to my Graphics Company are now available for purchase.
All complete sets are £100.00 per set Inc postage.
They have shown me a produced set against the originals and are exactly the same.

The original Vinyl is Mactac Pro 9800 series that has a life of 5 to 7yrs once fitted to the cars. This is still available although Only now in gloss finish. as the satin/matt version is no longer available From Mactac.
View attachment 87488 View attachment 87488

However, They have managed to find another Brand that has a the same colour in both satin and gloss finish but has an 8yr life once fitted.

Satin Finish
View attachment 87489
Gloss Finish
View attachment 87490

This is the Original Matt Mactac pro
View attachment 87491
What is the alternative Matt vinyl? I'd want to order a sample swatch before committing to ordering the decals.

What is the alternative Matt vinyl? I'd want to order a sample swatch before committing to ordering the decals.
The brand is Avery , i can organise samples on request.

just want to say
I'm not in this for any financial reason fella's.
just trying to help save us all money in the future.

The brand is Avery , i can organise samples on request.

just want to say
I'm not in this for any financial reason fella's.
just trying to help save us all money in the future.
That's very much appreciated as M-B are taking the p**s with their prices. I've looked at various Avery, 3M and vvivid and haven't found anything close to OEM so well done on finding a solution.

Reactions: Yex

I’m with Phil, if your supplier could get some samples I’d be interested in ordering, you never know when you might need a set. :thumb:

No problems chaps, I'll sort them next week and let you all know when I have them.

Taking my car to Germany for a week beginning the 29th July. 1st stop - Nurburgring where we've got a M5 Ring Taxi lap booked and will probably take the 507 on for a steady lap for some action pictures. Will be a Tuesday evening so hopefully not too busy (and dry!!!), I've been before with a previous car (M135i) and it was great fun. Then we're off to Stuttgart for a few days. Visiting Affalterbach for a private tour which I'm looking forward too and we'll probably do the Mercedes museum as well. If anyone needs anything from Affalterbach let me know ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom