Car service, are you charged for your motor to be cleaned when its not done ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reggie musson

Car
CLK 2.7 Diesel
Why when our motors are due for a service do we get charged for our cars to be washed and cleaned out, even if we ask the garage not to do this, as with mine, and many of your cars are allready in showroom condition, and don`t trust some young lad or lassie on work experence from school to take the care that our cars deserve, or use a car wash :doh:

Reggie

I guess it's being paid for somehow, but the charge is just wrapped up in the overall bill.

Having said that, I don't usually let them wash my car but forgot to mention it during a recent MOT and they did it - quite nicely, as it happens. I still only paid the discounted MOT cost of £35.

My 307 was subject to VOSA recall - i took it to Peugeot dealers and they said as it was Cat C repair they could not work on the car (they even at one point refused to hand car back)
However , they did a splendid unprompted valet job- took years off it! - i think they felt sorry for me and my shabby 307!

Given that the cost to the garage consists mainly of 20 minutes of someone's time who's probably on minimum wages (currently around £5-£6 per hour depending on age), plus some water and a minuscule of car shampoo, I doubt that we can expect any sort of meaningful discount...

I understood its costed at £20 per service so why can`t the final bill be reduced by this amount without the garage being offended?

Reggie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom