COMAND APS NTG2 - Rear view camera questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dynamicq

Car
W219 320CDI
Hello,

I have a w203 C class (facelift) with COMAND NTG2. As far as I understood (didn't physically check yet), my COMAND has Green Fakra exit for Video input.

Here is what I learned so far. Please correct me if wrong.

• There is a possability to install a rear view camera with my unit.
  • I can buy any camera with RCA input and connect it to FAKRA through various available adapters.
  • I would propbaly will need to connect the power cable of the camera to the reverse light, so it would not work constantly.
  • I need a NTSC camera if it is a European unit. English registered car.

Do I need the STAR to make it work in the first place?
..and as far as I understand I need STAR to make it go to the video mode when in reverse gear.

And the most important question of all, will it work with NTG2, before I start investing into things..

Thank you!

Hello,

I have a w203 C class (facelift) with COMAND NTG2. As far as I understood (didn't physically check yet), my COMAND has Green Fakra exit for Video input.

Here is what I learned so far. Please correct me if wrong.

• There is a possability to install a rear view camera with my unit.
  • I can buy any camera with RCA input and connect it to FAKRA through various available adapters.
  • I would propbaly will need to connect the power cable of the camera to the reverse light, so it would not work constantly.
  • I need a NTSC camera if it is a European unit. English registered car.

Do I need the STAR to make it work in the first place?
..and as far as I understand I need STAR to make it go to the video mode when in reverse gear.

And the most important question of all, will it work with NTG2, before I start investing into things..

Thank you!

W203 comand was never designed to switch to video input mode when reverse is engaged as it was never an option on the car. So you wont be able to code the unit to switch unless someone has fitted a W164 ML NTg2 rear onto a W203 fascia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom