Corrosion warranty claim.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I have just been to my dealership to put in a claim for a small spot of corrosion in one of my rear door shuts.

How long did it take between the dealer filling in the form and you getting an answer guys?

Paul/Jimmy?

How long did it take between the dealer filling in the form and you getting an answer guys?
I took mine to Road Range on Monday this week and filled the same form in as you Graham.
I asked how long it would take before I got a desision from MBUK and was told about 3 days, so I'm expecting a phone call this week

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Paul/Jimmy?

My not so local, friendly, helpful dealer would not even entertain submitting a warranty claim as the damage was 'clearly caused by stonechips'.

Just like they didnt want to fix my sqealing brakes just after I bought the car or replace my knackered water pump or explain why the car had the wrong spark plugs fitted or why three exterior and two interior bulbs were not working when I picked the car up from them!!:crazy: I don't like my dealer much!!

I got the paintwork sorted myself by the local bodyshop.

OK. I am informed that my work cannot be covered by warranty (I did not ask why, the excuse will only have made me angry I'm sure).

The estimate is £322.79+VAT for the work (47.29 materials, 275.50 labour).

However, I'm told if I take my car for a visit to Hughes of Beaconsfield who would have to do the work, they are willing to submit a good will claim to MB, to see how much they will donate to the total cost.

But, 2 days or so without the car and no courtesy vehicle, I am not sure what to do.

After Graham having his reply and me putting in my claim a day or 2 before him i thought i'd chase Road Range up today.

The guy said he hasn't contacted me because he has had the reply and it was REFUSED !! :mad: with no explanation why !!

He never contacted me because he just can't understand why it was refused and is chasing it up for me. The Road Range Paint guy said he is determaned as me to get it done under warranty as it is a clear claim as far as he can see and wants a expanation as much as myself.

He said himself It's , Well within the supposedly 30 year Warranty, Got Full Merc Service History, Not a stone chip or scratch. He said this should of been a straight forward warranty job and will be in touch with me as soon as he gets some answers from MBUK.

Apparently

Up to May 1999 - Cars had 1 yr Paint Cover

After said date, 3 yr cover.

My car is out of both, but they can do goodwill claims.

As usual the goal posts get moved to suit themselves, I was just going on below :confused:
We'll have to wait and see hey - The last point being the main 1,
The MobiloLife program

Mercedes-Benz is the first motor manufacturer to grant a mobility guarantee and a bodywork corrosion warranty for all new Mercedes-Benz passenger cars - for the entire car's service life.

The free-of-charge MobiloLife service package is valid for all Mercedes-Benz passenger car models which were first registered after October 24, 1998 in the area of validity.

During the first four years after first registration, MobiloLife helps

for up to four years when the car has to be taken to a Mercedes-Benz service outlet for a warranty or goodwill repair (taking more than two working hours)
for up to four years in the case of breakdown caused by a minor mishap
for up to thirty years in the case of technical breakdowns and starting problems
for up to thirty years in the case of bodywork corrosion (from the inside out)
Taken from http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/service/ncars/mobilo.htm

After sending a sticking letter to MB HQ at Milton Keynes including copys of this disscussion, I have today recieved a letter from customer services in the NETHERLANDS.

They are looking into the claim and will report back, something I suppose :( .

Still not holding my breath though.

OK then please sit down for the shock.............

I had a call from a Mr Mick Bacon, from MB customer care. They have reviewed my case and agreed to pay ALL COSTS :D to the rust bubbles on my roof.

I have also had a call from Medway Mercedes asking me to book the car in and arrange a courtesy car as they will need it for 3 days.

I will press for them to do the door aswell when I pop down on Monday to book it in.

But it just goes to show the power of this and the MBOC site because I included copys of both forums discussing the corrossion problems.

So thanks everyone I def' think your input helped.

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Well the car is going in tomorrow (0830) for the work, and although MB only agreed to do the roof, the actual cost's they have agreed to meet is the same amount Medway Mercedes submitted to do the door and the roof.

So double result as Im getting both done. All costs covered by MB.

Also told them I didnt want a Corsa as a courtesy car, so Im getting either a new E or C class.

RESULT!

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Got courtesy car, it's a new E200 classic. Only has 1,000 miles on it :D .

Suprisingly quick though for a 2Ltr.

Maff, remind me what did you get offered when your battery went flat? A Nissan wasnt it :p :p .

Mind you I nearly twanged it pressing all the buttons :crazy: .

Latest call I had from Medwat Mercedes, they have noticed my windscreen lamination has seperated in the bottom corners of the windscreen on both sides.

This has caused a milky bloom. They say that the strenght will have been lost and there is every chance the window will pop when they try to remove it.

So after telling my insurance Co my window is badly cracked and parting with £50 excess Im getting a new screen.

Hopefully as its being done at a MB garage I wont have the problems some of you have had with windscreen Co.

The thing that I thought was funny though is that the body shop use National Windscreens to do the work, yet the sales dept use RAC Autoglass.

So I have had National winscreens to remove the glass and my insurance Co are using RAC Autoglass to replace it.

Its a wierd world :confused: .

TBH, the only problem I had when RAC AW replaced mine (50 squid excess) was that they initially, sorry, MERCEDES initially sent them one without a rain sensor. Muppets.

Right then hopefully this will be my last posting on this subject.

Picked up car today, and the paint work seem ok to me. Although a neighbour who does body work on Ford direct cars says it would fail thier independent PDI's. But even he admits thier own inspections are stupidly high.

Now for the whinge, Yep RAC AutoGlass have done a superb job with the mastic gun.

Not only did they break the clips that hold the A-piller trim (and not tell anyone), but they used so much mastic that the trim wouldnt even fit flush if you tried.

They have also lost the cover for my rain sensor. I personally have trimed the excess mastic of and refitted the trim as best I could till MB get some new ones in.

So the final score is MBUK=1 RAC Autoglass=0

After Graham having his reply and me putting in my claim a day or 2 before him i thought i'd chase Road Range up today.

The guy said he hasn't contacted me because he has had the reply and it was REFUSED !! with no explanation why !!

He never contacted me because he just can't understand why it was refused and is chasing it up for me. The Road Range Paint guy said he is determaned as me to get it done under warranty as it is a clear claim as far as he can see and wants a expanation as much as myself.

He said himself It's , Well within the supposedly 30 year Warranty, Got Full Merc Service History, Not a stone chip or scratch. He said this should of been a straight forward warranty job and will be in touch with me as soon as he gets some answers from MBUK..

After a couple of months I've heard nothing from Road Range, I would of contacted them myself sooner but been too busy moving house,Anyway I went down today.
The guy checked up and came back and said there must of been a miss comunication at the time
:( as it was accepted for the warranty work, but that work needed doing within 14 days. He said as it was accepted in the past he see's no reason for it gettin refused and will sumit the claim again. he sent me straight down to the MB approved repairer for the estimate,he was that certain it will get accepted again.
I just have to wait for them to contact me again ,LOL I'll chase them up before the end of next week if they don't this time !!

After going down today, Road Range phoned me back twice and I've finally got my car booked in for 18th Aug. with a courtesy car.:)

Originally posted by Aletank
After going down today, Road Range phoned me back twice and I've finally got my car booked in for 18th Aug. with a courtesy car.:)

Result!! Looks like a great day all round then eh Aletank? :D

S.

Just dropped my car of this morning for the Rust Warranty work, was told it will take about 4 days :(
Anyway they gave me a new A160 Elegance as a courtsy car, I was loooking forward to testing a new W203 though :) Nevermind I'm just glad its getting fixed under warranty and I have a car to get about in.
I let you all know when i get it back ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom