E55 W210 Crank Pulley removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg3.6

Car
C55 Amg White W202
Any tips of removing crank pulley and do i have to buy a tool to remove it?

It's best to use a special tool as they are very tight.

Where could i get one from?

Mercedes dealers can get one for you. Iirc they are quite expensive.

or ask your local indie can you lend, think you may need to know them well? failing that have a search on the net...

Mac do a chain tool that wraps round the pulley and gets tighter when you leaver it, that's what I use pulley done in 30 mins, circa £45-£50 for the tool

I dont know if it can be done like that, cant do that as the engine is out.

Is the crank bolt 27mm hex?

It is on older MB engines I've worked on, no idea for the M113 - quite possibly likely though :)

It looks really big i think its 27mm but need confirmation. I cant seem to find a 27mm hex male anywhere.

It can be a 27 hex or allen key.

The starter motor method can be used but I have seen it snap two braker bars and make a mess. It is a dangerous way of doing it.

Use the proper tool.

Where can i get 27mm hex male from?

Snap on do one.

I use a sump bung hex kit. It has a 27mm in the kit.

It can be a 27 hex or allen key.

The starter motor method can be used but I have seen it snap two braker bars and make a mess. It is a dangerous way of doing it.

Use the proper tool.

I suppose it is more appropriate on smaller capacity engines:thumb:

Does the bolt come off clock wise or anti clockwise? How much is the bolt torqued up?

Does the bolt come off clock wise or anti clockwise? How much is the bolt torqued up?

It undoes anticlockwise and its VERY tight. on a friends one we had two scaffold poles one for the socket and one for the special holding tool.

I've bought 27mm hex male socket and its big?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom