East Yorkshire Virtual Breakfast Meeting - Saturday 25 April 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What peoples plan for the rest of the day then?

Here at Fasty towers,

I have the trim around my cooker hood to put up
3 radiators to swap
Recover my rear parcel shelf in dark grey micro suede
Put the old rads and an old barbie out for the scrappies
Then my last hour i will be acid scubbing my patio

It needs it!

This was the low point for me with cars, it was just terrible,

Among its many faults, loud slow no room in the back , when raining and you would have lights,wipers heater etc going you would stop and turn it off and the wipers would jerk across the screen and the lights and interior inc dash lights would flash to the same beat as the wipers. Had it 7 weeks and traded it for a 16v Passat like the one at The Motorist.

I had an Orion 1.4 LX and it was a fairly competent family motor, it was bought new (pre-registered) when the new shape was launched (1990/1?) and gave reliable service for several years before it was swapped for a Mondeo. I was so happy that it boasted tinted windows, central locking and a sunroof. Maybe we were more easily satisfied in those day....

Perhaps because I drove a Renault Extra van during the week, I liked driving the Orion at weekends. The boot was prone to catching crosswinds... no doubt because of the massive overhang, but it swallowed a pram and baby kit well.

IMG_0823.JPG

I don't have this car any longer... to be honest it was swapped when it became hard to get in and out because of my back.

I part-exed a BMW M3 convertible for this car... and found it was far more communicative and rewarding to drive - especially on sweeping bends - because it was more of a road car than the M3.

The roof used to get a bit stiff when opening for the first time after winter, but a gentle push was enough and it then would work perfectly for the remainder of the summer, and it needed a couple of new batteries during the time I had it, otherwise just routine servicing was all that it needed.

What peoples plan for the rest of the day then?

Here at Fasty towers,

I have the trim around my cooker hood to put up
3 radiators to swap
Recover my rear parcel shelf in dark grey micro suede
Put the old rads and an old barbie out for the scrappies
Then my last hour i will be acid scubbing my patio

It needs it!

I’ve just finished pressure washing the drive so next job is re-sanding it , hope I’ve got enough 🤔

Its the bit of kit that connects the car to the computer

19072415640199366137.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom