East Yorkshire Virtual Breakfast Meeting - Saturday 25 April 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
0-A8-E5-CEC-02-D3-4-BD8-BEFF-3-FD74954076-C.jpg

Morning Folks

Were up early and have already been out for our 1 hour ”Socially Distanced” morning walk.

I’m off to The Bike Wheel in my 89 TransAm , a car I bought in 1990 with less than 5,000 miles on it and loved it. Used mainly for Liesure and Pleasure at weekends etc.Had it for two years then changed jobs and got a company car and after doing 45,000 miles in the first year for work I didn’t enjoy driving at weekends so sold it. Definitely wish it was still in my garage today :) :thumb:
Hi Andy long time no see or hear don’t want to burst your bubble but I had a black transam with gold eagle on bonnet gold honeycomb wheels 6.6 litre did about 5 to 10 to gallon it was the biggest mistake of my life to get it I traded a lovely L Reg 3 litre gxl Capri plus a 12 month old laverda jota motorbike and if I remember rightly a grand and half and my mates Honda 90 was faster than it managed to eventually offload it so I’m afraid there’s no way on gods earth I would ever want it back learnt me a great lesson not to let your heart rule your head ☹️

Hi Andy long time no see or hear don’t want to burst your bubble but I had a black transam with gold eagle on bonnet gold honeycomb wheels 6.6 litre did about 5 to 10 to gallon it was the biggest mistake of my life to get it I traded a lovely L Reg 3 litre gxl Capri plus a 12 month old laverda jota motorbike and if I remember rightly a grand and half and my mates Honda 90 was faster than it managed to eventually offload it so I’m afraid there’s no way on gods earth I would ever want it back learnt me a great lesson not to let your heart rule your head ☹

Hi Brian. Nice to hear from you again. The 89 TA I had was a later model than the “Eagle“ badged cars, and in its day was a pretty decent car but the 5.7L engine was strangled to death with emissions control stuff , I think it only had about 250 bhp , quick off the mark but ran out of puff around 70/80 mph and European stuff would soon pull away.

I’m still looking for photos of the best car I’d owned , will try to find them for the next meeting 👍

Nothing in particular, I am seeing if I can update the cars various firmware's to the latest versions :)

Nothing in particular, I am seeing if I can update the cars various firmware's to the latest versions :)

You won't be able to unless you have the official Xentry with an online connection to Germany MB.

Im planning to hack my head unit to run an arduino in parallel using the existing touch screen but gaining upto dat sat nav,front and rear cameras,apple carplay and bluetooth music usint the existing steering wheel controls

I will be trying offline with the correct .cff files

I will defer to your superior technical ability Andy 😊. I know there are factory software updates for the engine on my 507 , supposedly better fuel economy , and one for the gearbox which is claimed to improve shift times. I was planning on having them updated at the next service. Looking forward to hearing how you get on. 👍

I will defer to your superior technical ability Andy 😊. I know there are factory software updates for the engine on my 507 , supposedly better fuel economy , and one for the gearbox which is claimed to improve shift times. I was planning on having them updated at the next service. Looking forward to hearing how you get on. 👍
I would not class it as "superior" Andy. I just like to tinker and have an inquisitive mind. Information on how to do this kind of thing is freely available if people are that way inclined👍

You won't be able to unless you have the official Xentry with an online connection to Germany MB.
This is technically true, but as with most things if you know where to look and don't mind paying someone for a login session is in fact possible.
Me being a tight Yorkshire man this will never happen.

If my tinkering is fruitless I will not be bothered and can say I tried.
I always try to have the latest Software and Firmware on my computers so why not on my car.

I will see how I get on and let you good people know the outcome🤜🤛

I would not class it as "superior" Andy. I just like to tinker and have an inquisitive mind. Information on how to do this kind of thing is freely available if people are that way inclined👍

This is technically true, but as with most things if you know where to look and don't mind paying someone for a login session is in fact possible.

I always try to have the latest Software and Firmware on my computers so why not on my car.

I suppose if you have time to burn its worth a go. If it goes wrong (it sometimes does with the official kit) it usually renders the control unit useless btw. We charge £50 for software updates.

I suppose if you have time to burn its worth a go. If it goes wrong (it sometimes does with the official kit) it usually renders the control unit useless btw. We charge £50 for software updates.
Cheers for that I realise the pitfalls of updates as I have had plenty with computer bios upgrades and the sudden power cut in the middle of the update😭
I just like trying things on my own its the best way to learn. I am retired so do have time to burn and like to keep my mind active, I was a welder/fitter in the heavy plant industry.
Your rate for updates sounds great
I do all my own maintenance and servicing as well. What I do is in no way intended to try and do people out of business, if I can do it myself I will.
Its a pity your place is so far away, it would be good to pop in and have a look round.
Stay safe.👍

I have been incarcerated now for 33 days, been busy tho, house decorating and inprovements, fixing stuff, all the little jobs that i have been putting off.

Fitted proper bluetooth to my car using a module from a newer model, lowered it by tricking the ride height sensors

Then i went berserk and decided to redo my headliner

All the interior is in the house and as im going for a colour change i had to do other bits of trim

Looking forward to some regular updates Andy 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom