Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just seen the RenaultF1 twitter feed from 2 days ago where they posted a picture of Alonso taking 2nd at the 2004 race.
My money is on Alonso in the Renault now.
Well, all I can add is that I hope Ocon tears him a new one. That said, I bet Alonso gets the more 'favourable' contract, so Ocon may have his work cut out.

I don't really like Alonso and think F1 is better off without him.
I've always though Frank Williams' words about Mansell, "Nigel is conceited, he's arrogant and he's brilliant. We'll miss him as a driver but not as a bloke", could be equally applicable to Alonso.

I've always though Frank Williams' words about Mansell, "Nigel is conceited, he's arrogant and he's brilliant. We'll miss him as a driver but not as a bloke", could be equally applicable to Alonso.
I imagine that to be successful in F1 and to ensure you get what you need from the team a degree of what might e perceived as arrogance and conceit may well be required characteristics. Others may call it self belief and focus?

The more successful F1 drivers tend to have strong personalities as do the team principals.

Last edited:
The more successful F1 drivers tend to have strong personalities as do the team principals.
Absolutely. But I suspect that even amongst the most successful, some are more of a PITA than others ;)

It does look like the start of the F1 season is beginning to shape up. (I do hope that's not famous last words!) The Austrian two races look to be well advanced and the second double header at Silverstone is now free from the commercial wranglings, but not quite out of the Covidian quarantine woods just yet......

May I just add that Mansell was also a complete animal on the machinery. I used to have to rebuild his gearboxes after each outing when he was racing F3 with March, and nobody else has ever managed to break a steering wheel at Williams.....

May I just add that Mansell was also a complete animal on the machinery. I used to have to rebuild his gearboxes after each outing when he was racing F3 with March, and nobody else has ever managed to break a steering wheel at Williams.....
Yeah, I heard he could break a steel ball. No mechanical sympathy at all. Not especially helpful in a Lotus... 😂

Sorry if this has been posted already.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

we had a few hours on YouTube today looking at the F1 stuff from the last few days. M Brundle made all the predictions on various moves and was spot on.

Enjoyed hearing all the views and opinions today.

No British GP without quarantine exemption

Formula 1 says it would be unable to hold a British Grand Prix if personnel are not given exemptions from plans to quarantine international travellers.

The UK government will "soon" impose a requirement on all arrivals from abroad to self-isolate for 14 days.

An F1 spokesman said: "A 14-day quarantine would make it impossible to have a British Grand Prix this year.

"Additionally, it has a major impact on literally tens of thousands of jobs linked to F1 and supply chains."

A spokesman for the Department of Culture, Media and Sport said no decisions on exemptions had yet been reached.

Another driver rumour into the mix for 2021.
This one I could believe considering VB only ever seems to get 1 year extensions to his contract.
The'll be fighting over the seat if he does leave.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom