gear sluggish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Germplus

Car
2009 Mercedes C220 SE CDI
Can anyone help/shed some light…?

I have a C Class 220 CDi 2009 (W204 5 speed auto Gearbox).
Recently on occasions I have been experiencing problems with the gearbox. The car seems to get stuck in a specific gear and won’t allow any automatic or tip-tronic gear change, even if I put my foot down on the accelerator to the point where I am pressing the button underneath the accelerator pedal the gears won’t change.
It seems like it goes into limp mode. The tiptronic doesn’t work as well when this happens. When this is happening when I put it into neutral and reverse it jumps which doesn’t feel right and doesn’t happen when the gearbox is fine. Once I switch the car on and off it seems to be working perfectly fine. It only seems to do this when I am driving local as motorway once I am in 5th gear it’s not a problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

krimat2005 said:
should yours be 7G-tronic?? 7 speed that is?
Its 5G-tronic i think because i have never seen the gears pass 4 when im using the tip-tronic

Twistedmind said:
Have you checked the gearbox fluid level ? Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK
Not sure how to check it. Have booked it to my dealer on friday. Will let you know what hapends. Thanks guys.

A common failure is the switch on the Tip shift. This stops the gearbox responding.

Often it just wants a clean or adjustment.

Dieselman said:
A common failure is the switch on the Tip shift. This stops the gearbox responding. Often it just wants a clean or adjustment.
Thanks. I took the battery off for 4 hours and restart the TCU.so far its ok. Will monitor it till friday before going to the dealer. If it doesn't happen i will leave it as my service A is due in 45 days. Thanks guys

Dieselman said:
A common failure is the switch on the Tip shift. This stops the gearbox responding. Often it just wants a clean or adjustment.
How can i get to this switch please?will try and clean it as well.many thanks

It's inside the selector unit.

Dieselman said:
It's inside the selector unit.
Thanks Dieselman. Will do it and let you know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom